Happy 20th Anniversary, Gargoyles!

Matt_Black

Original Poster
Disney's Gargoyles premiered on this date in 1994. In my opinion, the finest animated series Disney has ever produced.

NMBC1993

20 years already? I guess that means I'm old now;) It was just the other day, I was listening to the Team America soundtrack when I realized "Holy Crow...did this movie really come out 10 years ago?" Not to mention the 10th Anniversary of Teacher's Pet: The Movie.

But anyway, Gargoyles was a fantastic series! I always thought it would really benefit from some form of live-action movie reboot.

Either that, or could you imagine some kind of Anime-style series based on the Gargoyles? Talk about take my money now....

Can we go yet?

YESSS GARGOYLES. Best Disney animated series of all time. It's characters are some of my favorites. Happy Anniversary, Gargoyles. 20 years since they woke up from their curse, I hope the clan is having the time of their lives.
tumblr_mzximmR8pb1sl5leko3_400.gif

And lets hope Elisa and Goliath have been doing good too ;)

Matt_Black

Original Poster
Of course, I would also like to see Marvel handle the franchise. Imagine all the cool stuff the comics, animated shows, and live action features can bring.

Or, just let Greg Weisman continue the comic he started over at SLG, continuing where the Hunter's Moon 3 parter left off.

Matt_Black

Original Poster
Is that publishing company still around?

The company, yes. However, they're not publishing Disney comics anymore (they also did Tron, Haunted Mansion, and Wonderland comics with original stories, not tied into the recent reboots), but stopped after Disney upped their licensing fees. Same reason why Boom! stopped Darkwing Duck and Ducktales.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom