1. The new WDWMAGIC app for iPhone and iPad is now available on the App Store.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.
    Dismiss Notice

Happily Ever After To Go Dark In August

Discussion in 'WDW Parks News, Rumors and Current Events' started by Disney2017, Apr 19, 2017.

1. vj81995

vj81995 Well-Known Member

Yes, they're totally killing off fireworks after spending tons of money to develop the show in the first place. Totally.

Totally.

Sped2424 likes this.
  2. ford91exploder

ford91exploder Resident Curmudgeon

I'm guessing you missed the 'Sarcasm' tags

But the last line is to cover for corporate stupidity, Example local national chain of convenience stores repaints parking lot lines, Then another group in same company decides to repave the freshly painted parking lot... Corporate lack of communications at it's finest.

3. Kman101

Kman101 Premium Member

I don't think they'd do away with fireworks completely but it is a valid concern that they are scaling them back. We'll see when the show debuts. I'm still very much looking forward to the new show. I feel like they're putting a lot of effort into it.

4. MansionButler84

MansionButler84 Premium Member

They are putting in effort, but this is a rush job. They announced it a few months out (though they have been working on it longer of course). Remember how far out Festival of Fantasy was announced?

Kman101 likes this.
  5. jrhwdw

jrhwdw Well-Known Member

I remember! On a Friday, at the end of April 2013! Right before our 2013 trip I was so not ready for FOF then as I still loved CADCT! (Saw it 3 times during that trip!)

If I rememer correctly, Frozen Summer 2014 was announced closer to the event than HEA was, And those Frozen Fireworks were Awesome at DHS!

6. Kman101

Kman101 Premium Member

Rush job doesn't always need to equal bad ... we will see. For once they're moving quickly on something.

Cosmic Commando likes this.
  7. MisterPenguin

MisterPenguin Premium Member

WDW has a long history of not adding night time shows to their calendar even just a few months ahead of time. Remember all the times there was panic that Wishes wasn't happening because it wasn't on the schedule (yet)?

JenniferS likes this.
  8. doctornick

doctornick Well-Known Member

So, was this question ever resolved? Is HAE (or FoF for that matter) going dark in late August? It would seem odd for that to occur so relatively soon after the debut but since the official calendar does list it in September, it certainly begs the question.

9. MisterPenguin

MisterPenguin Premium Member

It's on the schedule for the dessert party, so, being off the schedule on the regular schedule certainly seems to be a hitch.

If concerned, call Customer Service about it. Say you're planning a dessert party for one of those days and want to make sure there really will be HEA that night.

upload_2017-5-13_15-46-36.png

doctornick likes this.
  10. Cosmic Commando

Cosmic Commando Well-Known Member

Festival of the Lion King was a rush job.

marni1971 and Kman101 like this.
  11. Biff215

Biff215 Well-Known Member

I've contacted them every which way...online chat, dining, guest services, etc. All just say to continue to check the calendar. I'm sure I'm not the only one asking, so they're aware it's not scheduled. The fact that they'll make dessert party reservations is reassuring, but nothing is stopping them from cancelling those.

Today it occurred to me that the dream light installation could be affecting this time period. While it never disrupted Wishes or the projection show to my knowledge, I'd argue that HEA is a completely different animal with all the castle pyro and effects. Could they be determining how to proceed with both?

Also doesn't seem it's a coincidence that MNSSHP starts in that timeframe. Hopefully they're simply filling in the gaps as they go, but the longer this goes on the more uneasy I'm getting. We're there for 10 days (picked the Poly for this) and there's not a single night of HEA scheduled. We're excited to do our first Halloween party, but HalloWishes would now feel like a letdown after the kids saw HEA last night.

It's still impossible to imagine the MK without daily fireworks for that period of time, so here's hoping all my worry is for nothing!

12. InsideDisney

InsideDisney Active Member

Yes but Festival of fantasy is also not scheduled. And even half the events for june 4th are not even scheduled it is too far for them to add time onto the site.

13. IMFearless

IMFearless Well-Known Member

Could it be related to Hallowishes? Does anyone know if they intend to replace Hallowishes and if so could the dark spell be to do with getting that ready? Usually all prep is done overnight though, just throwing ideas around.

14. Biff215

I had thought that too, but it was pointed out that HalloWishes and Holiday Wishes were listed in the announcement by Disney that tickets are now available. So it looks like those shows are staying, hoping for some improvements now that HEA is here, even if it's just projections.

Not sure how much they need to prep for HalloWishes, but I assume it wouldn't take nearly two weeks.

15. MansionButler84

MansionButler84 Premium Member

Not to mention Hallowishes starts 8/25.

16. Biff215

I understand that, just pointing out that the first two party nights fall within the "dark" dates. With no FoF scheduled either, probably an entertainment error.

17. Biff215

Update...HEA is now listed for all August dates with the exception of the two MNSSHP nights (August 25 and 29). Still no FoF, but I imagine that should follow. Huge sigh of relief after my kids have become obsessed with the new HEA song! Poly here we come!

18. SosoDude

SosoDude Well-Known Member

A few years ago, a small city near me laid much needed new asphalt on a large portion of its streets. Three weeks after completion of this project, they started digging up huge portions of the fresh asphalt, replaced huge portions of drainage and water lines, then patched back over leaving the streets in worse shape than before. Corporations and governments can do stupid things.