Trip Report Happily Ever After.....A Honeymoon to Remember

Welcome, welcome, welcome! To all that come to this happy place, welcome!

So where do I start? I guess I'll explain this TR a little bit. I did previously write and post this TR on disboards.com, but in the last few months I've found that I've connected with some many people on these boards that it has now become my go to - sorry disboards! I thought it would be nice to share my first and so far only TR here with all of you since you've all been so kind to share yours with me.

This is a report from my fairy tale Walt Disney World Honeymoon from 2015 - eek, I know a bit late, but hopefully it will still be entertaining for those of you who decide to join in. I am just working on the plans for my next trip (hotel and ticket booked and purchased), but I still feel it's a bit too early to share those details for a pre-trip report. I thought I'd relive one of the most amazing weeks I've ever had in WDW to get excited (like I need anything MORE to get excited) about my next trip.

So here we go!

Day 00
August 29, 2016 - THE day

I won't spend too much time recapping this day (better known as THE day) as that is not the reason for this trip report. That being said, our wedding was the whole reason for this trip so it has some importance!

The girls as I had a sleepover the night before the wedding (as did the boys somewhere else!) and it was amazing. It was so low key (which I wanted!), filled with love, laughs and some corny chick fliks....like every good girls night. Before we knew it, it was time to head to bed because we had an early morning.

The day started EARLY. I'm talking 4:45 am early....yikes! But for once the sound on my alarm clock didn't send me into an uncontrollable rage. I was getting MARRIED today! We quickly packed up what we needed for the day, dropped some items off at the hotel we would be staying at that evening, made a quick pit stop for some coffee and headed to my dad's house where we would be getting ready.

We all got ready at my dad's house while (now) DH Ryan got ready with his family and guys at his parents house. What a lovely sight to walk in on!

upload_2017-3-2_12-32-32.png

While we had some breakfast and mimosas - let me be clear, everyone else had breakfast while I focused on the mimosas, our beauty team arrived. We had arranged for hair and make up to come to us which is exactly how I wanted the morning to go.

Eventually it was time to get our beauty on. The team we worked with was freaking amazing - not only did they do an AMAZING job, but they were so much fun and really helped to keep me calm throughout it all. If anyone out there is from Ontario GTA and wants to know more about these vendors, please contact me! While we were having our hair and makeup done, our photographer (again, another supercalifragilisticexpialidocious vendor!) arrived and began taking photos of us getting ready, our dresses and in general just captured the general commotion and excitement of the morning.

upload_2017-3-2_12-36-22.png

FINALLY, it was time to go. It was time to get MARRIED! "Going to the chapel and we're gonna to get married."

Everything ran as smoothly as I had planned and dreamed. Before I knew it....we were Husband and Wife - officially the Ellie to his Carl. It took 13 years, but we were finally officially Mr & Mrs.
upload_2017-3-2_12-39-39.png

We had an AMAZING day. So much love, so many people there to share in our joy and excitement of a new life together. Ugh, I wish I could do it all again or relive it somehow. Just magical.

Things did get a bit weird later that night though ;)
upload_2017-3-2_12-40-56.png

*Sorry, I had to share that one. I absolutely love it. For those who may not know, Jurassic Park was a BIG part of mine and Ryan's relationship. In fact, Ryan walked down the aisle to the Jurassic Park theme song played by our amazing Harpist (again, another vendor I'd love to share with anyone interested)*

The night felt like it was never going to end. So many people, so much food, drinks and dancing. Unfortunately, like all good things it must come to an end. Before we knew it, it was time to pack up and head to the hotel for the night.

Low and behold, our friends had a surprise in store for us. An after party.....that lasted until 5:30 am :facepalm:. All we wanted to do was get to bed, but couldn't pass up the opportunity to spend some more time with some amazing people and enjoy this day. We ended up going to bed REALLY late, but it didn't matter. We had a blast.

mlegerto

Original Poster
Sending you so many positive Disney vibes! I get in weird funks sometimes so if you ever need a friend to talk to you, well here I am :)

I've been lurking on the boards but not commenting as much as I should! I get depressed when I don't have an upcoming trip :( Plus, wedding planning is super hard and so expensive! Whenever I think of doing something I always remind myself, "I could go to Disney twice for this price." :(

Glad you wrote on the Wdw boards, the people here are all the greatest, and we are all here to support our Disney obsession! :)

Again, thanks for sharing and sending you pixie dust and hugs!

There really are great people here - like you! Thanks for the positive vibes a pixie dust, very much appreciated. I may just take you up on your offer, so don't be surprised if you get a sobbing message from me LOL.

Yes, wedding planning (and more so paying for it) can be a bit daunting, but remember it's once in a lifetime and do what makes you happy!

Really enjoyed reading your trip report! I LOVE the second ring you got for your 1st anniversary, completes the look!
If you don't mind me asking how much were the wine floats?
Thanks in advance :)

Thank you! Yes, I absolutely love the "complete" set.

Hmm, I don't seem to have the price of the wine flights noted, but I would say maybe around $14? Sorry that I don't have an exact price.

Yay! I'll definitely be following along. :) I'm looking forward to going while the Christmas decorations are up this year, too!

Yes...O.M.G Disney Christmas Decor....aaah! So excited!

Great report and will look out for the next one that you start up

Max

Hey Max, thanks for following along! See you in my next report

mlegerto

Original Poster
GUYS.....something INCREDIBLE (or should I say incroyable! as a hint) happened COMPLETELY unexpectedly last night.

Ready for it......

HUBBY..........

SURPRISED ME.........

WITH A...........

EURO TRIP TO CELEBRATE A MILESTONE BDAY I HAVE COMING UP SHORTLY. Best part....

IT INCLUDES.....

A TRIP TO DISNEYLAND PARIS!! :jawdrop::inlove::p
Oh yah, Iceland, Paris and Amsterdam as well LOL. But who are we kidding.......DLP IS THE EXCITING PART LOL.

Looks like I not only have 1 PTR to get started on, but now 2! I will need A LOT of assistance with the DLP part because I've never been.... EEEEEEEEK!

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
GUYS.....something INCREDIBLE (or should I say incroyable! as a hint) happened COMPLETELY unexpectedly last night.

Ready for it......

HUBBY..........

SURPRISED ME.........

WITH A...........

EURO TRIP TO CELEBRATE A MILESTONE BDAY I HAVE COMING UP SHORTLY. Best part....

IT INCLUDES.....

A TRIP TO DISNEYLAND PARIS!! :jawdrop::inlove::p
Oh yah, Iceland, Paris and Amsterdam as well LOL. But who are we kidding.......DLP IS THE EXCITING PART LOL.

Looks like I not only have 1 PTR to get started on, but now 2! I will need A LOT of assistance with the DLP part because I've never been.... EEEEEEEEK!

What a great hubby! I went to DLP a couple years ago, it was different yet familiar. And it has the best Big Thunder Mountain in the world!

ScarletBegonias

Just finished reading your TR! It sounded like an amazing honeymoon aside from you hubby getting sick at the end!

Can't wait to hear all about DLP!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom