Han Solo - A Star Wars Story

Phroobar

Original Poster
Leaked from a trade catalog. Lego neither confirms or denies the movie title.

20905760_1338210909634652_3635876733040721920_n.jpg

21stamps

Does anyone know why this movie has a May release instead of the normal December time slot? I’m guessing that there must be a reason for it.

Phroobar

Original Poster
Nearly every actor going into a franchise signs a contract for multiple movies. That saves time, money, and negotiation trouble down the line. Many of the Rogue One cast signed for 2 or 3 movies and ... well you know.
Well there is talk about the characters Chirrut Imwe and Baze Malbus getting their own tv show.

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
http://ew.com/movies/2018/05/05/sol...kly&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_medium=social

Tickets for Solo: A Star Wars Story went on sale Thursday night and the first 24 hours of presales have already doubled Marvel’s megahit Black Panther, according to Fandango.

Yet Solo can’t top first-day presales for Marvel’s Avengers: Infinity War, which remains the fastest-selling film of the year in these early metrics.

The news has to be a bit of relief to Disney given that Solo has been considered a “troubled” production — at least in terms of public and media perception — for many months after producers replaced directors Phil Lord and Chris Miller with Ron Howard for extensive reshoots last year. Black Panther, after all, has gone on to rack up 1.2 billion at the box office globally.

21stamps

http://ew.com/movies/2018/05/05/sol...kly&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_medium=social

Tickets for Solo: A Star Wars Story went on sale Thursday night and the first 24 hours of presales have already doubled Marvel’s megahit Black Panther, according to Fandango.

Yet Solo can’t top first-day presales for Marvel’s Avengers: Infinity War, which remains the fastest-selling film of the year in these early metrics.

The news has to be a bit of relief to Disney given that Solo has been considered a “troubled” production — at least in terms of public and media perception — for many months after producers replaced directors Phil Lord and Chris Miller with Ron Howard for extensive reshoots last year. Black Panther, after all, has gone on to rack up 1.2 billion at the box office globally.
So you’re saying that I need to buy tickets now if I want decent seats. ;)

Spring is such a more difficult time to attend a movie, for us anyway.

Princess Leia

I'm pretty surprised this thread doesn't have a lot going on (maybe once the movie comes out?), but just wanted to drop in and mention that the premiere was last night, and reviews seem mostly positive so far.

Personally, I'm still not that excited for it, but that's another story.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member

I was quite surprised to hear this. For the last 3 Star Wars movies nearly every theater and ticket site went down within seconds of opening up the presale. My theater choice was solely based on the one whose site held up to the traffic.

It might as well have been any other random day when I got Solo tickets.

21stamps

I was quite surprised to hear this. For the last 3 Star Wars movies nearly every theater and ticket site went down within seconds of opening up the presale. My theater choice was solely based on the one whose site held up to the traffic.

It might as well have been any other random day when I got Solo tickets.

I checked a few days ago and there are a ton of good seats left in the 4 theaters that I checked.. for a Friday night, IMAX and Real 3D.

I haven’t purchased yet because I’m still not sure what times will work for us.. I’m not worried after seeing the availability.

DisneyFreak

I'm pretty surprised this thread doesn't have a lot going on (maybe once the movie comes out?), but just wanted to drop in and mention that the premiere was last night, and reviews seem mostly positive so far.

Personally, I'm still not that excited for it, but that's another story.

Glad to see the positive reviews so far. I know there has been a lot of skepticism over this movie with the re-shoots and fired directors. Rogue One had a lot of the same bad vibes before it was released and that worked out fine.

For me it's seeing someone else in the role that Harrison Ford made iconic that gives me apprehension. I grew up with Star Wars and still remember sitting through the movie twice as a six year old when it first came out in theaters. With that being said I'll of course go and see it.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Cnn had a non spoiler review from Brian Lowry posted tonight...

...and it actually sounds pretty damn good. Very encouraged.

Which just reaffirms my new stance that they should stop episode films...now...and not do more damage.

There’s other ways to do movies that don’t rob the soul on an agenda

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom