HaloweenTime 2017 - Cars Land/BVS Get New Decor & Ride Overlays

D

Deleted member 107043

I want to see IT, but the last scary movie I saw kept me awake for days :(

Going to see it tomorrow. I have a ton of anxiety about watching it. I can't wait. lol

On a side note some cheeky prankster has been tying red balloons to gutters around San Francisco. A friend told me there's also been reports of red balloons floating around the city.

D

Deleted member 107043

Thought this was interesting

Interesting, weird, and kind of awkward.

Maybe Chinese guests are less familiar with the history of these characters so presenting them this way as part of a foreign holiday event doesn't seem as absurd to them as it does to me. Or maybe there's an interesting backstory to explain it all.

With all the creepy villians in Disney's arsenal I'm perplexed as to why management thought it was wise to take characters from Alice and Pinocchio and twist them around like this. The whole thing is odd.

Last edited by a moderator:

Suspirian

Interesting, weird, and kind of awkward.

Maybe Chinese guests are less familiar with the history of these characters so presenting them this way as part of a foreign holiday event doesn't seem as absurd to them as it does to me. Or maybe there's an interesting backstory to explain it all.

With all the creepy villians in Disney's arsenal I'm perplexed as to why management thought it was wise to take characters from Alice and Pinocchio twist them around like this. The whole thing is odd.

Yea i thought that was odd as well. Tim Burtons Alice is kinda understandable. Apparently theres a Hades room but none of the videos I've watched have shown it. I would still like to see something similar here maybe without the actors to keep it on brand

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
Is nobody going to bring up the first park appearance of Ichabod Crane?

or how good Ursula looks in the Frightfully Fun Parade?

Which one is Ichabod? I don't see the resemblance. (likeness or mannerisms)

IMO, The Headless Horseman is also particularly weak. Being a rarer character and one that serves as the "face" of this entire event; his likeness should be perfect but instead he's more "meh" than scary. I've seen better Headless Horseman costumes at my local party supply store with better recreations at pro haunt attractions during Halloween. I'm slightly disappointed with how he's represented. Ursula however; she's done faithfully and has much more character. She looks great!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom