HaloweenTime 2017 - Cars Land/BVS Get New Decor & Ride Overlays

brb1006

In the Spirit thread, he mentioned that TDA has flown out a bunch of "lifestyle bloggers" from Orlando who usually only focus on WDW. They got the full Halloween Time treatement Disneyland-style, and so their blog channels are now filling up with rave reviews and videos of Disneyland Resort's Halloween Time offerings. Compared to the stuff they do at WDW, Disneyland seems to have blown them out of the water.

Here's a fun new effect on the Courthouse at the end of Route 66 in Cars Land. It's done up like giant jack o' lanterns with cones and jumper cables, and then the windows come to life as the eyes on the jack 'o lanterns. Neat!

Hopefully this might result in WDW giving a second chance to expanding the Halloween celebrations to the other parks besides MK.

Ismael Flores

Would be great if they expanded the storyline outside of the tower and added some characters that interacted with the guest.
How about also adding some of those weird creatures that have escaped in the structure in the queue

TP2000

Original Poster
Cars Land Haul-O-Ween officially opened this weekend. I went for a stroll there on Saturday, and it was FANTASTIC! The new songs on Mater's are really funny; I especially like "One Eyed One Horned Flying Purple Fender Bender".

Here's a few pics from Micechat...

IMG_3347-1068x712.jpg

IMG_3368-1068x712.jpg

A la' the Haunted Mansion, the Mater's queue is full of tombstones, which are really just old radiator grills...
IMG_3354-1068x712.jpg

And here's a 360 degree view of the experience...

TP2000

Original Poster
Luigi's has become Luigi's Honkin' Haul-o-ween, and the decor in the queue is adorable. The Italian flag lights and flags have been replaced with yellow and orange Halloween bunting, but it's hard to not remember Luigi is Italian-American and very passionate about tires. http://micechat.com/171108-dca-update-oogies-delight/

IMG_3431-HDR.jpg

Tire tread pumpkins from various Italian growing regions? Who knew?!?
IMG_3382-1068x712.jpg

At the exit there is a GIANT "hornocopia" full of automotive supplies. Hysterical!

IMG_3390-1068x712.jpg

TP2000

Original Poster
On the other side of the street, Ramone's has a Dia De Los Muertos theme.
IMG_3463-HDR.jpg

The characters that drive around Cars Land have all dressed up for Haul-O-Ween. Red the fire truck has decided to be a clown. But it's a happy clown, not an evil clown. Red must not have been to the Drive-In to see "IT" yet. :eek:
IMG_6811-1068x1024.jpg

Last edited:

Suspirian

So based on the rumors from earlier in the year, are we to expect more halloween offerings to come to DCA one SWL opens. If so thats pretty exciting given the tone of the additions this year.

mickEblu

So based on the rumors from earlier in the year, are we to expect more halloween offerings to come to DCA one SWL opens. If so thats pretty exciting given the tone of the additions this year.

I could live without HMH or Ghost Galaxy. They re both ok - although HMH goes up during the wrong season and lasts too long. If I had the choice of the HMH overlays and Ghost Galaxy during Halloween or both of those rides in their original versions with lower wait times and the absence of the chaos HMH brings to NOS, I would definitely go with the latter.

mickEblu

The news media has picked up on this craze.

http://www.travelandleisure.com/holiday-travel/halloween/disney-halloween-oogie-boogie-popcorn

Apparently they now have a limit of two buckets per person.

Popcorn buckets are one thing I can't get into. Not to say I don't have my own personal vices but I don't like getting into collecting anything that is never ending. That and they re just plastic buckets. But I guess AAs are just robots with rubber masks.

D

Deleted member 107043

Popcorn buckets are one thing I can't get into. Not to say I don't have my own personal vices but I don't like getting into collecting anything that is never ending. That and they re just plastic buckets.

Maybe if they put refillable frozen margaritas in them I might be tempted, but $15 for a plastic container that I have no use for AND carry around the park all day? No thank you.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom