Halloween Time

TP2000

That looks like a parade that is worthy of the upcharge ticket on these events. Paired with the Halloween Screams fireworks, and all the usual trick-or-treat fun and Character meets, and the Disneyland Halloween Parties are a worthy offering in the competitive SoCal market for theme park Halloween events.

That said, I don't get the music for this parade. It's not catchy or memorable, just oddly screechy and forgettable.

brb1006

That looks like a parade that is worthy of the upcharge ticket on these events. Paired with the Halloween Screams fireworks, and all the usual trick-or-treat fun and Character meets, and the Disneyland Halloween Parties are a worthy offering in the competitive SoCal market for theme park Halloween events.

That said, I don't get the music for this parade. It's not catchy or memorable, just oddly screechy and forgettable.
Well most of the music was used from the former Paris parade.

mikenatcity1

I was at the first party (Friday) and staked out my seat for the first parade at 7pm (parade at 830pm). While the parade was a little shorter than I am used to, the quality was great! My friend with me loved the music as she had seen the Paris parade it was originally from (and listens to it often). The level of detail in the floats was great- and some of the characters you never see (the spirits from the other side from The Princess and the Frog). The 1 downside was the "running" of the Headless Horseman...I have seen him run at MK and in recent years trot...at DL, it was a casual walk.

The quality of the trick or treat trails was far superior to Florida (Florida has a couple trails with 3, maybe 4 stops) and a few places with 1 stop...all of the locations had numerous stops, many with 6. They also gave a lot of healthier options. In the end, 2 of us got about 30 pounds of candy- without repeating lines or going at the end of the night to stock up.

The fireworks (with the effects in the show) were awesome :) I didn't expect most of what happened...wish I could see it again!

This proved Disneyland Resort is small but mighty :)

Phroobar

Original Poster
Mickeys-Halloween-Party-Its-A-Small-World.jpg

Sundown

The music that accompanies this Halloween parade is horrendous. I wouldn't be able to last through watching this parade with that awful music blaring.

I couldn't think of a more "non-Disney" sounding music, honestly. Which is sad, because the parade itself is great.

Last edited:

mikenatcity1

Can't believe how short it is although a lot of those floats are nice.

Still though, even with the higher prices, Orlando does the halloween party better l.

Having gone to both, while i'm a huge fan of WDW, I feel that DL does the halloween party better- not only do you get more time to trick-or-treat time in Toontown (1 hour before the party actually begins), each station has a ton more candy, the entire park has atmosphere with projections, added interactions, a fireworks show that is amazing (with projections and effects that make it so awesome). The parade is a little shorter, but the quality is amazing. I was beyond pleased with it when seeing it :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom