Halloween Time

Figments Friend

Yeah, the closing of the Tower seems to be heavily tied into this years Halloween Time marketing.
I'm getting that from being here in Anaheim at the moment, not nessesarily from online media.

It seems odd in a way....almost like they are 'celebrating' its closure.
It's good to see the Tower get some attention and be in the spotlight a bit, but it is still a odd feeling knowing it is closing.

I've heard a LOT of Guests talking about it today while standing around in queues and elsewhere when I was over at DCA for a couple of hours.
There was definitely a buzz in the air from people.
Found that interesting, exspecially since some of these folks were most certainly 'tourists' and not just miffed local fans.

-

Animaniac93-98

If you fired just half a dozen cubicle drones in the TDA building, you could fund this sort of thing all year long. Let go of a couple dozen cubicle drones and useless middle managers in TDA that have absolutely no impact on the customer experience, and you could be doing this at a half dozen E Tickets in both parks.

Spoken like a true Mice Chat hater!

You obviously have no idea what, for example, the Vice President of Hotel Pillows brings to the Anaheim resort and why she commands a $95,000 a year salary with free valet parking and Club 33 membership. Those 98.5 days a year she works are hard labour!

;)

GiveMeTheMusic

Has anyone here rode TOT in the dark yet?

Yes, I got a Fastpass and rode last night (the Fastpass seems to be a necessity, but your return window has to fall after dark). It was weird to not see the show scenes, but it was FAR scarier than the normal ride. No sound, no light - just dropping. I wasn't blown away, but it was a fun way to experience the ride a different way.

mickEblu

Yes, I got a Fastpass and rode last night (the Fastpass seems to be a necessity, but your return window has to fall after dark). It was weird to not see the show scenes, but it was FAR scarier than the normal ride. No sound, no light - just dropping. I wasn't blown away, but it was a fun way to experience the ride a different way.

Thanks for response. From what I've read so far most people agree with you. It's scarier/ different but prefer the ride with the show scenes. Not that I didn't see that coming.

TP2000

With video camera quality improving, there are now some really good YouTube videos out there in 4K. It's not quite as good as being there, but certainly much better than most videos just a few years ago, especially in low light conditions.

Here's a 4K video taken this weekend of Space Mountain Ghost Galaxy.

And here's one from this weekend of Haunted Mansion Holiday.

mikenatcity1

Another random question- is it normal for the Halloween Party at Disneyland to sell out or come close to selling out? I just looked out of curiosity and more than half of them are sold out (while at WDW, none are sold out)...

Also- even at a sell-out, does it mean that it will be packed or still manageable?

GiveMeTheMusic

Another random question- is it normal for the Halloween Party at Disneyland to sell out or come close to selling out? I just looked out of curiosity and more than half of them are sold out (while at WDW, none are sold out)...

Also- even at a sell-out, does it mean that it will be packed or still manageable?

They usually sell out, but the crowds are manageable unless you want to line up for characters.

Figments Friend

Butterscotch sounds pretty good. Wish I could try it, maybe someone will and post a review and pictures.

I had them yesterday.
They are quite yummy.
I actually liked them better then the pumpkin ones from previous years.

They look the same, but the butterscotch ones have a slight icing dribble on them it seemed.
As you would bite into it, periodically you would get a sugary hit of butterscotch.

They are quite good.
Definitely try them if you are at Disneyland any time soon!
The Mint Julep bar has them.

-

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
I had them yesterday.
They are quite yummy.
I actually liked them better then the pumpkin ones from previous years.

They look the same, but the butterscotch ones have a slight icing dribble on them it seemed.
As you would bite into it, periodically you would get a sugary hit of butterscotch.

They are quite good.
Definitely try them if you are at Disneyland any time soon!
The Mint Julep bar has them.

-

I wish I would be able to try them but alas I probably won't be back until (hopefully) April. I'm glad they are tasty maybe they will bring them back next year then.

mikenatcity1

They usually sell out, but the crowds are manageable unless you want to line up for characters.

Awesome :) We may want the villains, which means we expect lines; other than that, i'm not sure who else we would try for. Looking forward to next Friday and hoping it's not as packed as the average party at WDW!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom