Halloween Party, Costume thoughts.

Gaprofitt

Original Poster
Hey All,

Single dad with a 4 year old son, he will be 5 when we go to Disney this Sept. I'm at a loss for costumes for both of us. He doesn't really have favorite characters, etc. And who would I be? I thought about Peter Pan and Captain Hook. I'd prefer to buy costumes as i'm not crafty at all.

Any good ideas?

Greg

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I would check out Disney Bound for ideas.

Disney bounding is essentially combining normal clothes into a Disney costume. The outfits tend to be much more comfortable than costumes which will be quite important especially since you will be there in September where highs in the 80's are quite common.

If you see something you like click on "get the look!" and you will find links to where you can purchase what is shown. While most of what is shown will be women's clothes, it will at least lead you in the right direction for putting something together.

NelleBelle

Carl and Russell from Up
Felix and Ralph from Wreck It Ralph
Tigger and Pooh?
Mickey and Donald
Toy soldiers from Toy Story (or Mr Potato Head and Hamm)
Sully and Mike from Monsters Inc (might be a little hot for those)
Or just some cool pirates (not sure if they will be doing pirates league for the MNSSHP events)?

Take a look on some Halloween costume sites for ideas too. Sometimes just putting your own together (not even "crafting" but gathering the things from different sites...like for Carl and Russell) might last more than one-wear so you can trick-or-treat again on Oct. 31 plus it's more comfortable then wearing the plastic polyester garbage bags some costumes are made of ;)

disneygirl76

Carey Poppins - Nanny and Disney Enthusiest
I would check out Disney Bound for ideas.

Disney bounding is essentially combining normal clothes into a Disney costume. The outfits tend to be much more comfortable than costumes which will be quite important especially since you will be there in September where highs in the 80's are quite common.

If you see something you like click on "get the look!" and you will find links to where you can purchase what is shown. While most of what is shown will be women's clothes, it will at least lead you in the right direction for putting something together.

There are some great ideas here! Incredibles and Buzzy/Woody are easy b/c you can buy either just t-shirts or a whole costume. And generic pirates are easy too! The idea of going to Pirate League is also excellent! Have a great time!

Me 'Earties

Not all treasure is silver and gold, mate
Hey All,

Single dad with a 4 year old son, he will be 5 when we go to Disney this Sept. I'm at a loss for costumes for both of us. He doesn't really have favorite characters, etc. And who would I be? I thought about Peter Pan and Captain Hook. I'd prefer to buy costumes as i'm not crafty at all.

Any good ideas?

Greg

So buzz and woody, like others have said, is nice combo. I'm not super crafty, and was able to make costumes for hubby and myself (son's Buzz costume was purchased at the DisneyStore). For hubby, I got him a yellow dress shirt, found a Woody hat on the interweb, tied a bandana around his neck, put on a pair of jeans (this was in late October) but made the vest. You may be able to find one online for purchase. If we weren't also going this September, I would just send it over to you. However, if you would like a hand at making one, I can guide you-just let me know.

Another thought related to Toy Story (doing this for my brother in law for this year's trip): find a Mr. Potato Head shirt with his face on it, place black bowler hat on head-done! Then your son could be any character in Toy Story!

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    76.6 KB · Views: 46

RememberWhen

My little guy will be 4 1/2 for our Halloween trip in September. This is basically his costume:
image.jpeg

We are looking for yellow shoes and I have white buttons to sew on the shorts. I'm not crafty, but can handle sewing on non-functional buttons. We might add a tail, but probably not.

We went with this because he will be so much more comfortable than if he was in a polyester costume. They tend to be itchy and hot.

Me 'Earties

Not all treasure is silver and gold, mate
My little guy will be 4 1/2 for our Halloween trip in September. This is basically his costume:
View attachment 153943
We are looking for yellow shoes and I have white buttons to sew on the shorts. I'm not crafty, but can handle sewing on non-functional buttons. We might add a tail, but probably not.

We went with this because he will be so much more comfortable than if he was in a polyester costume. They tend to be itchy and hot.

If you're looking for shoes, try Crocs. They usually come in all sorts of colors, and the kinda have the Mickey shoe shape

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom