Halloween Horror Nights "Sweet 16"

Legacy

The site has been updated yet again... this time with "The Director's Chair" (which is coming soon) and "Share a Scare".

bayoutinkbelle

OK, I can't be the only one here who already has done the Share a Scare. :D That was cool! I've sent it out to everyone I'm going to HHN with on Oct. 22.

haveyoumetmark

I watched the Scare Die-ries and I couldn't figure out why some scareactors shave their heads? Is it actually mandatory for some roles? They get reallly into it, Universal does such a great job in Make-up. Behind the scares is really cool.

PeecahSmoocher

I May Be Too Late...

Has anyone noticed that in the PsychoScareapy house site, the letter of resignation states that Jack was almost dismembered by his former employer and circus owner, Dr. Oddfellows, and that he had a stack of returned letters to his dear brother Eddie at Embarcadero Drive in San Francisco (this is going to be along sentence), and that the Run: Hostile Territory "maze" is located in/near Earthquake (which lands you at Embarcadero Station when the "earthquake" takes place)? And if you click on the phone in the Run: Hostile Territory site, the last screen shows that it's "logged in" to Oddfellows Ultimate Adventures?" I've heard that no one has seen Eddie yet, but might this be a coming attraction of sorts? Just a thought... we are going tomorrow night (after I ride The Hulk and all of the fun stuff at IOA, of course) and we can't WAIT!

Again, I may be WAY too late with these observations...:veryconfu

NemoRocks78

Seized
Premium Member
Original Poster
HOUSES
1. All Nite Die-In: Take 2 - Easily the best house of the night with nice theming and great scares.
2. Psycho Path: The Return of Norman Bates - Every year there's a surprise ('04 it was Disorientorium, '05 was The Skool), and this year it was Psycho Path. I really liked the look of it (but why wasn't there a shower scene?) and the scares were really good.
3. RUN: Hostile Territory - Disappointing, but still not bad. I guess my expectations were just too high because the original is my favorite house of all time. It also didn't have many scares, and I was mad about the lack of Eddie, but the gore and theming make up for it.
4. Screamhouse: The Resurrection - Best. Theming. Ever.
5. PsychoScareapy: Maximum Madness - Nice scares, not much else though.
6. Dungeon of Terror: Retold - Weird, weird, weird house....barely any scares too.
7. People Under the Stairs: Under Construction - :brick: Not as bad as Horror in Wax or Terror Mines, but it was still pretty bad.

SCAREZONES

1. Deadtropolis: Zombie Siege - Not bad, not bad at all. I did like the whole "under siege" thing with the theming and all.
2. Blood Masquerade - Meh, it was ok. Its main problem is that it was in too small of a space.
3. Harvest of the Souls - Move along, nothing to see here.....

The Arrival: B
- A nice little show to start off the event. I liked how it showed off each character with them doing something to a person.

Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure: A-
- Another "excellent" show. I loved all the characters used (Jack Sparrow was great) and it was freakin' hilarious. The end dance scenes were the best done in a while too. My only problem with this year was that the story didn't keep going and it was just a bunch of random things happening. I also wanted to see more of Jay and Silent Bob (I'm tellin' ya, one year they need to do a show with a battle between Bill & Ted, Jay & Silent Bob, and Wayne & Garth :lol: ).

Sweet 16: The Director's Cut:
D - One word: lame. Festival of the Dead Parade should've been brought back.

Final Thoughts: As much as I wanted it back in USF, I have to say that the two-park idea is a lot better....that allowed for MUCH, MUCH, MUCH better scarezones (the three this year were a joke). The houses were good and all, but the whole thing together didn't feel like a real HHN. I felt like I was in USF at nighttime and there were haunted houses to go in, a few shows to see, and a couple scareactors in the streets. My final grade would be a B-.

Oh, and HHN Express was a lifesaver once again. :lol: Went through all seven houses (including Die-In twice), watched The Arrival, caught the 7:30 Bill and Ted and the 10:10 Sweet 16, and went on Neutron, Twister, Mummy, Earthquake (BTW, you went straight the ride portion --- no preshows), Jaws (I wish they had done some stuff for it like they had done in the past), and E.T. by 10:45 (I then went to the Cineplex and saw Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Beginning at 11:15 :lol: ).

PeecahSmoocher

HHN 16 Update

Let me start off by saying if you are planning/nominated to be designated driver, you WILL have a hard time fining anything non-alcoholic, except fpr a $3.00 bottle of water. That being said...
This was my 7th HHN, and it was by FAR my favorite. I really believe that the main four characters will continue to show up in their respective houses as the event goes on. I have heard a lot of complaints that Jack was not in PsychoScareapy, but he was there in the last scene tonight. I MAY have seen Eddie in Run (not the Hannibal Lechter character that a lot of have spoken of because I saw hom, too, but he didn't "seem" like Eddie - too short and "round"). As a warning, my fiance is the jumpy one in our relationship, but it doesn't matter - if you are a female going through a haunted house, you WILL be targeted. The best houses are Screamhouse (the scenery is really, REALLY good), All Nite Drive In 2 (good scares in there!), PsychoScareapy (the smell in the bathroom scene will almost make you sick, and my fiance got sprayed with "pottie fluids" that he SWORE were real), and Run:Hostile (may be too gross if you haven't seen the movie Hostel - it's basically the same thing - by far the most disturbing house I've seen to date as far as gore). The other three houses (Dungeon of Terror, Psycho, and PUTS) and mediocre at the VERY best. Deadtropolis was a GREAT scare zone - they have amazing "3-D" sound effects and the whole scene envelops you, and the zombies come out of nowhere and scare the bejezzus out of you when you're not paying attention (but that really happened in all of the scare zones). The other two scare zones are OK, just WAY too small. The Director's Cut show was a bit lackluster, mainly lacking a good ending, but was cool for horror movie fans. My Love really enjoyed seeing (and hearing) me scream a lot. I HIGHLY recommed HHN 16 for anyone who likes to be scared!!:sohappy:
P.S. We didn't have an Express Pass and had no more than a 20 minute wait for any of the houses, but we also got there EARLY (opening time) and first went to the 4 that I thought would be the most popular (you have to do some back-tracking by Mel's Diner as you can't go to the left when you first get in). Glad I saved the $120!

PeecahSmoocher

HHN 16 - An Added Comment

If you want to do Psycho and P.U.T.S., do NOT do them during daylight - they are in a tent and you can see everything.

I am SO glad my love took me there! It was FUN!!!

JROK

I watched the Scare Die-ries and I couldn't figure out why some scareactors shave their heads? Is it actually mandatory for some roles? They get reallly into it, Universal does such a great job in Make-up. Behind the scares is really cool.

Yes it was required for the Follower roles of ScreamHouse... They asked at auditions who would be willing to shave their head... Those who said they would, were selected for that house...

coasterphil

Yes it was required for the Follower roles of ScreamHouse... They asked at auditions who would be willing to shave their head... Those who said they would, were selected for that house...

Is that a role that a lot of people would want, or is it pretty basic? I know I wouldn't want to shave my head for a regular old role, I'd want to be more involved if I made that sacrifice.

PencilTest

Is that a role that a lot of people would want, or is it pretty basic? I know I wouldn't want to shave my head for a regular old role, I'd want to be more involved if I made that sacrifice.
No one knew at that point. Literally, all they asked was "Okay, would any of you be willing to go bald for a month?" No explanation, just the question.

BarryH

Let me start off by saying if you are planning/nominated to be designated driver, you WILL have a hard time fining anything non-alcoholic, except fpr a $3.00 bottle of water.

Actually, I saw water and sodas sold at many stands throughout the park.

I think that this year's HHN is the best I've seen over the last few years. Bill and Ted was the funniest I've seen it since HHN 12. The Scare-actors really got me spooked a lot!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom