Halloween Horror Nights "Sweet 16"

NemoRocks78

Seized
Premium Member
Original Poster
Halloween Horror Nights®
September 29 & 30
October 6-8, 11-15, 19-22, 26-29 & 31

Dare to face the most frightening Halloween Horror Nights® ever, when Universal Orlando® Resort transforms into a darkened world where ghastly creatures emerge from the darkness. Chilling haunted houses with uniquely bizarre themes appear out of nowhere. And screams of pure panic pierce the night.

This year, Halloween Horror Nights celebrates its petrifying “Sweet Sixteen”. For nineteen nights in 2006—September 29 and 30, October 6-8, 11-15, 19-22, 26-29 and 31.

Attachments

• hhn067hy.jpg
    hhn067hy.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 77

JROK

The question now is, which park? Signs are pointing to back at the Studios...

Auditions begin July 18th!!!:fork:

JCrane

What about tickets? Don't they go on sale roughly 6-8 weeks prior to the event?

I'm coming from the UK and daren't miss this...

JROK

JCrane said:
What about tickets? Don't they go on sale roughly 6-8 weeks prior to the event?

I'm coming from the UK and daren't miss this...

Single tickets aren't for sale yet... but the vacation packages (Gory Getaways) are...

http://www.universalorlando.com/vp_hhn_2006.html

Should be a blast this year! Rumors include giant bloodied cakes, a birthday party gone wrong along the lines of the infamous Stephen King's Carrie prom scene... I suspect the teaser site will be coming up around the end of July and a full site by mid-late August... After the auditions start, more info will be out...

Mr Bill

In the announcement for Universal: 360, their new nighttime show, Universal Orlando President Bob Gault said:

The technology offers other opportunities too, for Halloween Horror Nights, Universal could produce a horror video show for the spheres. For Mardi Gras, stage shows could be projected live into the spheres. The screens could even broadcast NBC-TV shows, perhaps the Olympics

This seems to support a Studios return.

disnyfan89

From a flyer I recived Universal said that all of there famous Halloween icons would make a return for this event! Go Caretaker

JROK

As of today, tickets are supposed to go on sale July 14th with the website coming online shortly after... and the logo posted above is the real deal except the 1 is replaced by a severed finger...

NemoRocks78

Seized
Premium Member
Original Poster
JROK said:
As of today, tickets are supposed to go on sale July 14th with the website coming online shortly after... and the logo posted above is the real deal except the 1 is replaced by a severed finger...
Nice :sohappy:

Hey guys! I've never been to this, but it seems really cool! Is it better to go a year that it's located in Islands of Adventure or Universal Studios? Also, about how much are single tickets? Does the price of a 1 day pass not include admission at night? Also, is there a weekend in October that is usually less crowded? I have a break October 12-15 so I was thinking about going then. Please explain to me what this is all about...I'm too anxious to wait for the website!!! Thanks!

nicolita3

the day pass does not include the night time part sorry! but it is well worth the money i went about 2 years ago and it was awesome!

typhoonguy

BelleWannaBe77 said:
Hey guys! I've never been to this, but it seems really cool! Is it better to go a year that it's located in Islands of Adventure or Universal Studios? Also, about how much are single tickets? Does the price of a 1 day pass not include admission at night? Also, is there a weekend in October that is usually less crowded? I have a break October 12-15 so I was thinking about going then. Please explain to me what this is all about...I'm too anxious to wait for the website!!! Thanks!

I believe last year was the first year it was located Islands. The closer towards the beginning of the month, the slower it tends to be. HHN is great. It's a lot of fun. Every year sort of has a central 'theme'. There are many different 'haunted houses' if you will, set up throughout the park. They are so much more than haunted houses though. You'll really get a good scare, no matter who you are. There are lots of themes within each scare zone. Some examples would be a demonic biker bar, a haunted/possesed school or an alien mineshaft. Some are more intense than others, but all are good fun. There are props and actors galore. There are also lots of shows, roaming entertainment and drinks galore. The make-up is amazing. Some of the roaming characters last year looked amazingly like orcs from Lord Of The Rings, even looking BETTER than the make-up used in the movies. Definately don't pass on this event. I never miss it, and usually buy a frequent scare pass:)

Is it insanely scary?? I can't handle haunted houses...too scary!! Is the whole park scary, or just parts? And what is the difference between a haunted house and a scare zone? Don't you get scared in both?? Also, is it only at night and if it's at Universal Studios this year, is Islands of Adventure scare-free? AHH I wanna go but I'm such a chicken :eek:

typhoonguy

BelleWannaBe77 said:
Is it insanely scary?? I can't handle haunted houses...too scary!! Is the whole park scary, or just parts? And what is the difference between a haunted house and a scare zone? Don't you get scared in both?? Also, is it only at night and if it's at Universal Studios this year, is Islands of Adventure scare-free? AHH I wanna go but I'm such a chicken :eek:

It's pretty scary, but it's a lot of fun. The houses are located inside or around specific scare zones. You get scared in both, but it's insanely fun. It's only at night, and typically the other park is closed the time that HHN is going on. Just go, you'll love it.

JROK

I've been attending HHN since 1992 (started in 91) and have worked it since 2003... It's a lot of fun... the event was originally held at USF until 2002 when it was moved to Islands... now this year, the event is rumored to be coming back to USF, but it hasn't been officially confirmed... During the day, the parks are both opperating normally, but at night, the park that is holding HHN will close early so that they can transform it into the night event... the event runs about 630 (always opens early) to either 12 or 2am, depending on the night... The best time to go would be during the week because on the weekends it will get VERY crowded (imagine Magic Kingdom during 4th of July)... Weekend crowds range from 40,000-50,000, and weekday crowds are anywhere from 15,000-30,000 or so... I recommend a Frequent Fear Pass (valid on every non-peak night), or Express pass... Most rides will be operating during the event for those who are too scared to go to the Haunted Houses, but there are no 'safe zones' and you will have to encounter a monster sometime during the evening...

For more information about the event visit www.hhnvault.com ...

NemoRocks78

Seized
Premium Member
Original Poster
Halloween Horror Nights 2006 - (7/6/06) The latest buzz so far seems to confirm again that most of the event, if not all of it, will return to the Studios. We’ve also heard a short list of placeholder names for this year’s haunts. These names are either a work in progress, to indicate a similar theme to a previously used maze or perhaps even just the location in the park used for a previous maze. However, our earliest rumors for the Sweet 16 concept also mentioned that older classic themes and characters may return for another visit as well, so anything is possible. The list of seven haunts so far includes: Screamhouse, Run, PsychoScare-apy, Dungon, People Under the Stairs, All Night Die-In and Scary Tales. Anyone else heard more?

Also, the HHN 15 site has been taken down and replaced by a site that features the HHN logo and links to the USF & USH (yep, it's coming back!) websites.

Legacy

NemoRocks said:
Also, the HHN 15 site has been taken down and replaced by a site that features the HHN logo and links to the USF & USH (yep, it's coming back!) websites.
That buzz from Screamscape is true. Props have started to be pulled for those houses, so expect the return of Caretaker and the Director in some form.

The only house I'm really excited to see back in Run.

NemoRocks78

Seized
Premium Member
Original Poster
Legacy said:
That buzz from Screamscape is true. Props have started to be pulled for those houses, so expect the return of Caretaker and the Director in some form.

The only house I'm really excited to see back in Run.
Run was great!

Legacy

Oh... and it's strongly looking like an eigth house will be created also... although my source doesn't know what it is yet.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom