Halloween/Christmas Decoration Change?

squidward

Original Poster
Is there any downtime between the decoration changes from Halloween to Christmas? When do the Halloween decorations at the MK come down, and when do the Christmas decorations go up?

danlb_2000

Premium Member
As soon as Halloween is over the switch over starts. Last Halloween party at MK is October 31, first Christmas party is November 7.

MRGEFF

As soon as Halloween is over the switch over starts. Last Halloween party at MK is October 31, first Christmas party is November 7.
We were there last year when the change over happened. One day it was Halloween and the next, Christmas. We've seen stories on TV how they literally truck in and set up, quite a choreographed project. My hats off to all involved.

Cmdr_Crimson

I posted this in the Memes section and it pretty much sums it up...
disney-funny.jpg

Still it will be interesting to see the trasition..

yensid67

From what I can remember, the transition WASN'T an overnight event, but took place within a two nights. They usually tear out all the fall plantings one night and leave it as bare landscaping for day 1 and then the evening into day 2 they planted all the poinsettias and hung the garlands, set up the Christmas trees. This may have changed over the years, but that's what I remember it! I would love to sit and watch from the train station one time! Can you imagine...the will transition EACH park practically over a few days and all at the same time! So you don't celebrate Fall décor in the MK and then Christmas at Epcot. Check out YouTube for a video of them transitioning the Mk from Fall to Christmas...its amazing even to watch it on youtube!

Cosmic Commando

I was hoping the Christmas decorations would be up by Nov. 2, 2016. Are you absolutely sure it was nov. 3rd & 4th?
EXIF data doesn't lie... unfortunately. :( There's normally a MNSSHP on the 1st, so that wouldn't leave much time for them to put up decorations on that night. I think your only hope of seeing Christmas decorations on 11/2 is if the last Halloween party is actually on Halloween next year. I think they prefer to have the 11/1 party, though. Maybe there's an outside chance of having some Christmas decorations up on 11/2 at DHS?

alissafalco

EXIF data doesn't lie... unfortunately. :( There's normally a MNSSHP on the 1st, so that wouldn't leave much time for them to put up decorations on that night. I think your only hope of seeing Christmas decorations on 11/2 is if the last Halloween party is actually on Halloween next year. I think they prefer to have the 11/1 party, though. Maybe there's an outside chance of having some Christmas decorations up on 11/2 at DHS?
:cry::cry: Thanks for the info. Oh well :(:(

koryadams

Is there any downtime between the decoration changes from Halloween to Christmas? When do the Halloween decorations at the MK come down, and when do the Christmas decorations go up?
The last Halloween party is November 1st. The decorations will come down that night and the park may be neutral November 2nd. then they quickly transform the next couple days because the first party is November 8th

fireworksandfairytales

In the Parks
No
My birthday is the first week of November, so my boyfriend and I are usually there when the transition happens. One day there'll be no Christmas decorations up and Magic Kingdom will still be decked out for Halloween, the next morning, BAM! explosion of holiday magic. It's seriously amazing. I can't even imagine how they do everything so quickly.

alissafalco

Ok, so yesterday was Nov.1st, the last day of the Halloween party. Today is November 2nd, is anyone at MK today? Can they tell me what the park looks like for decorations? Did they take all the Halloween items down? Is it decorated for Christmas already? Are there no decorations at all and the park is in transition?

Last edited:

DisneyFans4Life

I have a friend who is at MK now and he said the Halloween decor is still up. Maybe they start yanking it down tonight? If the first Christmas party is the 8th, they had better get on it lol!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom