Halloween at the Resorts

GardnerDisFamily

Original Poster
Last year I visited Port Orleans Riverside over Halloween. Most of the time we were in the parks and even attended MNSSHP so we didn't spend much time at the hotel. This year we are going at the same time but we didn't buy Park Hoppers and plan to have more hotel time. I know each of the resorts plans Halloween related activities, parades, etc. I've also seen people decorate their room windows. My question is, and this might be crazy, do people go trick or treating around the resort? It seems like those who stay for a while make it their home. I just want to be prepared if someone shows up at my door. Sounds like a silly question now that I'm typing it but you never know! I'd rather bring my own candy than pay a fortune in Disney candy if Trick or Treaters come knocking!

EpcotCenter82

Both Port Orleans Riverside and French Quarter offer trick-or-treating on Halloween along with a costume contest plus other fun activities. I don't think you have to worry about other guests knocking on your door but there are trick-or-treating locations at each resort.

EpcotCenter82

Here's last year's Halloween activities at Port Orleans Riverside:

Riverside Halloween Bazaar
Join us at the Riverside Courtyard for our Annual Halloween Bazaar from 4:00pm–6:30pm! Activities Include:
A Dastardly DJ
Kooky Crafts
Pumpkin Decorating
Trick-or-Treating
Games and Prizes!
Meet & Greets with some of your favorite Disney Characters!
Also included in the Riverside Halloween Bazaar:
4:00pm
Cake Walk
5:00pm Monster Mash Dance Party
6:00pm Costume Contest for all ages!
7:00pm Haunted Campfire
Join us for creepy stories and yummy treats!
9:00pm Movie Under the Stars - Hocus Pocus

Riverside Marina
11:00am–4:00pm
Candy Corn Guessing Contest
11:00am Haunted Bayou Scavenger Hunt - Old’ Man Island Pool
12:30pm Halloween Craft - Stop by Ol’ Man Island Pool to decorate your very own Trick-or-Treat Bag!
1:00pm Disney Villain Trivia
2:00pm Bewitching Bingo
3:00pm Ol’ Man Island Ghoul Party

GardnerDisFamily

Original Poster
Here's last year's Halloween activities at Port Orleans Riverside:

Riverside Halloween Bazaar
Join us at the Riverside Courtyard for our Annual Halloween Bazaar from 4:00pm–6:30pm! Activities Include:
A Dastardly DJ
Kooky Crafts
Pumpkin Decorating
Trick-or-Treating
Games and Prizes!
Meet & Greets with some of your favorite Disney Characters!
Also included in the Riverside Halloween Bazaar:
4:00pm
Cake Walk
5:00pm Monster Mash Dance Party
6:00pm Costume Contest for all ages!
7:00pm Haunted Campfire
Join us for creepy stories and yummy treats!
9:00pm Movie Under the Stars - Hocus Pocus

Riverside Marina
11:00am–4:00pm
Candy Corn Guessing Contest
11:00am Haunted Bayou Scavenger Hunt - Old’ Man Island Pool
12:30pm Halloween Craft - Stop by Ol’ Man Island Pool to decorate your very own Trick-or-Treat Bag!
1:00pm Disney Villain Trivia
2:00pm Bewitching Bingo
3:00pm Ol’ Man Island Ghoul Party

Thanks so much! I had remembered they had a ton of activities last year. Hopefully we can participate this year. We'll have to plan a light park day that day.

Tinkerfan4ever

Saratoga Springs had Trick or Treating back in 2012 for Halloween. However it was just trick or treating at various spots where CMs were handing out candy. There was no door to door trick or treating to the rooms. Saratoga also had a ton of other activities going on, but I just can't find the list! It was a lot of fun and I think my kids ended up with more candy at the resort than they did they year we attended MNSSHP. :)

disneyfan56

DTD also used to allow trick or treaters to go from store to store for candy. This was in 2010, so I don't know if it has continued to present day.

smk

Sounds like kids and adults can have a fun time at the resort if they don't get to a party! Interesting, maybe when the grand kids get older it would be fun trip to make without going to the MK party.

jaklgreen

So I just realized(duh) that I will at POFQ over Halloween. I always leave before but this trip I leave the day after. Didn't even think about it. Have to check out some of the activities.

Matt_Black

Some of the resorts, such as the All-Stars, often show a movie at the pool area, like Frankenweenie or some other family friendly and seasonally appropriate film.

GardnerDisFamily

Original Poster
Thanks for the info! Anyone know if they hand out trick or treat bags at the hotel like they do at MK or should we bring our own? Im so excited to see what's going on at the resort this year! Pumpkin decorating, dance party, trick or treating... my three year old is going to love it!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom