Halloween at the Disneyland Resort- 2015

Californian Elitist

Original Poster
The Halloween season has officially kicked off today at the Disneyland Resort. Let's celebrate Halloween with this thread. :)

IMG_03661.jpg

IMG_0367.jpg

IMG_03701.jpg

IMG_03761.jpg

Disney has incorporated fall colors into the 60th decor.

IMG_1003.jpg

IMG_07321.jpg

IMG_07271.jpg

Space Mountain: Ghost Galaxy is open.

IMG_0719.jpg

http://micechat.com/110703-disneyland-welcomes-halloween-time/

Californian Elitist

Original Poster

Californian Elitist

Original Poster
Can't say I'm really a fan. It's always a bummer when Haunted goes down and we're stuck with this awful cartoon Christmas version until the end of January. Not really feeling Ghost Galaxy, either. I mean, I like the Roger Rabbit pumpkin near the partners statue. That's about it.

As much as I love Haunted Mansion Holiday, I wouldn't mind if it was taken down after Halloween instead of Christmas. It is up for a long time.

Disneysea05

In the Parks
Yes
In town square at DL right now taking all the Halloween atmosphere in! It all looks great! I love how they replaced the Mickey pumpkin heads on the lamp posts with the diamond crest.

Was able to try the Halloween pastrami pizza literally seconds it came out of the oven at Pizza Port. It looked bizarre (pickles on pizza?!) but it was good. I also got some pumpkin beignets!

Very happy to have haunted mansion holiday back again! The gingerbread house is very creative and the hatbox ghost fits right in.

Vegas Disney Fan

I really like the 60th decorations worked into the fall decorations! Those weren't up when I went last week.
I'm excited to see a mix also, I thought they might minimize both the Halloween and Christmas decorations this year because of the 60th decor but it looks like we're going to get the full treatment. Nothing tops Disneyland during Christmas and a big part of the fun of visiting over the holidays is spotting all the changes, not just in the decorations but also in the Haunted Mansion, IASW, and Space Mtn. I love the original versions but the temporary holiday versions are a fun change of pace.

George Lucas on a Bench

I can never get into the Halloween spirit at Disneyland or Walt Disney World because it's always a million degrees and disgustingly humid that time of year. It's still Summer, maybe worse. Walking into a Magic Kingdom park all decked out for Fall and it's like 90 degrees. Forget going to one of those parties and wearing a costume in that crap. It's supposed to be cold and blustery with colored leaves falling everywhere, not tropical.

Phroobar

They missed the opportunity to make the Hatbox Ghost show something more Christmasy in his hatbox then just his regular head. They could have randomized it with different gifts.

Californian Elitist

Original Poster
They missed the opportunity to make the Hatbox Ghost show something more Christmasy in his hatbox then just his regular head. They could have randomized it with different gifts.

That wouldn't make sense, unless his head on his body was replaced with different gifts.

Axoman

This is a longshot, but I figured this is probably the best thread to ask in.

Does anyone know what lamps/lightbulbs are used around the Haunted Mansion to provide the life like flaming candle effect?

I saw it for the first time on a trip to Disneyland last December and I really liked how it looked and would like to get some to decorate my house.

Anyone that goes there willing or able to get an up close picture of one of the candles for me?

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
We're going to the Halloween party on 10/19 - what are not-to-miss things during the party?
Is Paint The Night the same parade as it is other nights?

GiveMeTheMusic

We're going to the Halloween party on 10/19 - what are not-to-miss things during the party?
Is Paint The Night the same parade as it is other nights?

Paint the Night will be the same parade it is on other nights. The only special things that happen during the party are candy stations and character greets. Since the party hasn't started yet, the character lineup hasn't been revealed so we don't know if there will be anyone truly interesting beyond the usual suspects.

Twilight_Roxas

While I like the Gingerbread House I was suspecting that they were going to make something 60th anniversary related like a icing shape like a diamond or a creepy gingerbread house resembling Sleeping Beauty's Castle with 60 on it this year. They could have given Hatty a christmas present shape Hatbox, but he still looks good.

Twilight_Roxas

You'll definitely want to see the Hocus Pocus show, the Boo-to-You parade, Hallowishes and that lady in front of The Haunted Mansion. Oh, wait. They don't have any of that stuff. Something that WDW does better than DL??
Hallowishes is kinda the same as Halloween Screams only with Jack Skellington as the Master of Scaremonies. Wonder if Halloween Screams is going to use Disneyland Forever's projections on the castle this year?

Twilight_Roxas

It might not happen this year, but I still hope for a Halloween edition of World of Color with either Winifred Sanderson, OUaT's Regina or Frankenweenie as the host along with bringing back the lost villains segment from the original World of Color. Endor Sightseer if your reading this please don't start ranting just don't please.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom