Halloween activities at the Resorts/DTD?

Epcotfan21

Original Poster
Going to be arriving on Halloween and was wondering if anyone knew of any must do activities outside of attending Not So Scary at MK. Any resorts do anything special or will DTD have anything going on? We'll have 4 kids in our group ranging from 1-6 years old and staying at the Swan.

corey154

Idk about the Swan but most Disney resorts have activities and DTD has had trick or treating in the past. It's pretty crowded though. When you check in, ask the resort about the activities for Halloween. We stayed at French Quarter in2012 and they had an afternoon of Hallowesn activities .

LaunchPadMcQuack

Fort Wilderness does some awesome stuff for Halloween. My family stay there every year.
The actual schedule is usually available at some point in September, but here are the list of activities you can expect

• Golf Cart Halloween Parade
People decorate their golf carts, some go all out and are really incredible.
I believe this is usually on Halloween day around 2PM.

• Halloween Movie and Campfire Sing-A-Long
The movie and campfire is overnight at Fort Wilderness, but for Halloween they do a special meet and greet with Chip And Dale handing out Candy, they also do little show involving the Headless Horseman (real horse and all)

• Pumpkin Carving Contest
You can usually judge the Pumpkins on the evening of the 30th at the campanile sing-a-long, the winners are announced on Halloween night.

• Additional character meet and greet in front of Trails End
Last year there was an additional meet and greet with Donald in front of Trail's End restaurant in the afternoon.

• Trick or Treating
Guests staying at Fort Wilderness can opt in to decorate their cabins or campers and hand out candy.
Some of the guests are repeat guests that return every year and really deck out their spots. It is really impressive and fun to check out the campers.

Matt_Black

As far as I know, every resort has a special character meet on Halloween. Which characters and how they're dressed depends on the resort- for instance, Sport Goofy usually meets at All-Star Sports.

Belle_MTL

I agree with the others and recommend Fort Wilderness! The people staying in the campers are regulars and they really go all out. It's worth it just to see how all the sites are decorated.

Matt_Black

If previous years are anything to go by, they'll have a movie by the pool every night that week (stuff like Frankenweenie, Hocus Pocus, etc.), a character meet Halloween day, and probably some other events.

Cosmic Commando

Fort Wilderness does some awesome stuff for Halloween. My family stay there every year.
The actual schedule is usually available at some point in September, but here are the list of activities you can expect

• Golf Cart Halloween Parade
People decorate their golf carts, some go all out and are really incredible.
I believe this is usually on Halloween day around 2PM.

• Halloween Movie and Campfire Sing-A-Long
The movie and campfire is overnight at Fort Wilderness, but for Halloween they do a special meet and greet with Chip And Dale handing out Candy, they also do little show involving the Headless Horseman (real horse and all)

• Pumpkin Carving Contest
You can usually judge the Pumpkins on the evening of the 30th at the campanile sing-a-long, the winners are announced on Halloween night.

• Additional character meet and greet in front of Trails End
Last year there was an additional meet and greet with Donald in front of Trail's End restaurant in the afternoon.

• Trick or Treating
Guests staying at Fort Wilderness can opt in to decorate their cabins or campers and hand out candy.
Some of the guests are repeat guests that return every year and really deck out their spots. It is really impressive and fun to check out the campers.
I was going to suggest the Chip and Dale campfire (and that's what my family is going to do on Halloween) just based on the assumption that they would have a Halloween movie, but that sounds amazing!

I did the trick-or-treating at Downtown Disney once, and it was awful. Way too crowded. I would get a cab to a random local neighborhood before I ever did that again. Thankfully, it seems they don't offer it anymore.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom