Pre-Trip Halloween, a birthday and Christmas! The ever-changing planning of our November 2014 trip!

Hello everyone!

This is a spur of the moment thing since I've never done a trip report before, much less a pre-trip report! But some of you guys seems so nice that I finally decided to bit the bullet and start my PTR.

We went to Disney this past February and on our last day, after much crying and wishing I could just say screw the world, I'm moving to my room on POFQ permanently, we decided that we'd be coming back ASAP. As we set there waiting for the shuttle to take us to the airport I already had my phone calendar opened and we're looking around dates. Would we want to come back in February? Could we afford a trip as big as this one knowing we had a trip to Italy planned for the end of the year already? After much talking (we did have a 11 hour plane ride home after all!) we decided on November 2014. Over 600 days away! Both the MNSSHP and MVMCP played a big part on our decision and after we finally set on our dates we finally could breathe a bit better, we're coming back to our second home!

Last edited:

LucyK

Original Poster
Sounds like you've got everything all planned out and it sounds like fun! Just keep in mind that the dates for the 2014 parties haven't been released yet so you might have to change your plans a little bit. I think the dates are usually released around May? I'm going to MVMCP this year as well and I'll also be there in November!
When are your dates?

For the last few years, first week of May seems to be the sweet time for party announcements! Let's hope they keep it that way! After some research I'm almost sure the last MNSSHP will actually be on November 2nd because Disney wouldn't want to close MK at 7pm on a Saturday when they usually their biggest crowds. And I already changed my probable MVMCP date to the 20th, since Thursdays seem to attracted the smallest party crowds. But no plan is set on stone till I see park hours and party dates!

LucyK

Original Poster
I've been thinking... We usually follow Easy WDW crowd calendar to a T, avoiding EMH and going only to his recommended parks but this time around I might go to more EMH then I did in the past, specially the morning EMH at MK. It seems the best plan to ride our favorites more than once.

It's funny, people are shying away from hopping because of FP+ and I'm actually considering adding hoppers to my tickets this time around because of it! We'll go to whatever park has morning EMH, do as much as we can before lunch, take a break and hop to the most recommended park to use our FP+ during the late afternoon/evening.

Any other suggestion to maximize FP+?

ILDisneyFan

When are your dates?

Probably the second week of November, not totally for sure yet. I need to find out party dates and when the Osborne Lights start because we usually only go for about 5 days so I have to plan around all that. We LOVE the Osborne Lights, they're gorgeous! I'm so excited already and I have a long time to wait for it yet! Oh well, gives me something to look forward to I guess! :)

LucyK

Original Poster
It'll be my first time seeing the Osborne Lights, I'm really looking forward to that and to see snow at MK during the MVMCP.

We have to book our ADRs starting May 15th so I'm hoping to see party dates before that. Let's keep our fingers crossed!

Wikkler

I'm really looking forward to that and to see snow at MK

I'm not from Florida but
Wat8.jpg

LucyK

Original Poster
That's why it's italicized!

I was talking about the fake snow they use at the parties, it adds to the experience of the Christmas Party!

BTW, I'm LOL'ing so hard at that picture!!

njDizFan

It'll be my first time seeing the Osborne Lights, I'm really looking forward to that and to see snow at MK during the MVMCP.

We have to book our ADRs starting May 15th so I'm hoping to see party dates before that. Let's keep our fingers crossed!
The Osborne lights really are awe inspiring. Your eyes cannot rest on one thing because the next scene and then the next and the next is even more impressive...such a great show. And the snoap flakes are nice added touch(not to mention the random beer carts).

Still pining for the Lights of winter though

LucyK

Original Poster
The Osborne lights really are awe inspiring. Your eyes cannot rest on one thing because the next scene and then the next and the next is even more impressive...such a great show. And the snoap flakes are nice added touch(not to mention the random beer carts).

Still pining for the Lights of winter though
Never saw the Lights of Winter, I'll have to look it up on youtube.

Random beer carts do nothing for me, unless they also sell hot chocolate!

Baldy

I made a Excel spreadsheet and it looks amazing! So good to see all our plans laid out like that, I love spreadsheets :D. My plan is to print it and laminate it so we can use it as a guide when we're there.

Sounds like a great trip! I'm glad I'm not the only super planner out there. I love spreadsheets too. I even got my mom hooked. This trip she had me print out a copy (technology scares her) so that she could coordinate and organize her clothes - we aren't going until August.

LucyK

Original Poster
Sounds like a great trip! I'm glad I'm not the only super planner out there. I love spreadsheets too. I even got my mom hooked. This trip she had me print out a copy (technology scares her) so that she could coordinate and organize her clothes - we aren't going until August.
I still haven't giver her a copy of our scheduled but only because we still have to make our dining reservations (can May be next month instead of 3 months from now? lol) but she already gave me several ideas about what we should do. We have planning sessions, we usually meet for coffee twice a week and our conversations will undoubtedly turn to Disney after we're done discussing family things. It's a great bonding experience.

LucyK

Original Poster
I changed my dates a little. So now instead of staying on RPH till November/11 we're checking out on the 9th and heading to POFQ so we can enjoy the last day of the Food and Wine Festival on November 10th.

New dates are October/30-November/09 - Royal Pacific November/09-21 POFQ.

On November 09th we're still going to Discovery Cove. Our plan is to check-out around 6AM, leave our bags in storage, go to Discovery Cove and stay till around 5PM, get our bags and make our way to POFQ, probably checking in around 6PM.

This switcheroo solves two problems I had:

1) birthday dinner for my mom; I had NO idea where I was taking her for her birthday celebration. I moved things around and now we'll go to Flying Fish on the 9th after we check-in.

2) since we're staying for 13 days, a ten-day ticket plus the ticket to MVMCP wouldn't be enough. I have one day off planned and didn't want to do another (I even looked into a spa day but prices are a bit too steep for my liking). Now I don't have to! After dinner at FF, which will end pretty late anyway, we will enjoy the boardwalk entertainment before going back to POFQ.

Crowds will be a little high during the last week of F&W but my plan is to forget about rides on the 10th. We'll have a late breakfast at Boma before going to EPCOT and just travel around the world eating our favorite foods, not worrying about crowds or rides.

stevehousse

So glad I found your pre trip report! We will be there during the same time as you! I hope ur vacation is magical! I'm jealous us Americans can't have nice long vacations like othe countries! LOL

LucyK

Original Poster
So glad I found your pre trip report! We will be there during the same time as you! I hope ur vacation is magical! I'm jealous us Americans can't have nice long vacations like othe countries! LOL
Thank you and welcome to the PTR!

I wish the same for your time there. Where are you staying? If you see us, do say hello, I love to meet fellow forum members!

It's great to be able to stay there this long. We can make our own pace, relax and still do all of our favorites.

stevehousse

Thank you and welcome to the PTR!

I wish the same for your time there. Where are you staying? If you see us, do say hello, I love to meet fellow forum members!

It's great to be able to stay there this long. We can make our own pace, relax and still do all of our favorites.
We will be there Nov 11-18. As of right now we have Caribbean Beach Resort booked. However, we are awaiting more money from a dead relative sometime in the coming months, and if we get it in time, we want to try to rent points to stay at the Grand Floridian Villas instead! Either way, we have all our ADRs pre picked and our park days set! I was gonna start a trip report soon!

LucyK

Original Poster
Lemme know when you do @stevehousse, I love planning and following PTRs always give me new ideas! I hope you can rent points to stay at GFV, it looks so pretty plus staying that close to MK will be awesome!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom