Half Marathon Training App?

ada0801

Original Poster
I have been training for running for about a year. I have completed a few 10Ks and run 3 miles as my normal run. Its a HUGE difference from not being able to run .25 miles when I started. My Husband and I will be running the wine and dine together and I would like to get better. He is a great runner and I am excited to run by his side. What apps do you use to improve time/pacing? I just run until I am tired, walk a bit, run some more. Its not been a real training program. Obviously I have plenty of time before November, but I would love to be completely comfortable with 13.1 by then and not have to struggle bus my way though. Any advice?

Andrea

lukacseven

Have you checked the Jeff Gallowway training plans on RunDisney. They are geared towards his run/walk method, but will give you some idea of training mileage and pace.

psherman42

Yeah, I use the run/walk method that's on the runDisney site. It's worked well for me with the Disney races I've done. I had never even run a 5K (I did used to play soccer but it's been years..) and signed up for the Dumbo Double Dare in 2015 lol. I don't go for time though, mostly just to finish. I use the map my run app to keep track of my pace.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
I use my Fitbit Surge which syncs with the Fitbit app. That way I can check my pace during my runs, but don't have to bring my phone with me, since the Surge has built in GPS.

Chet Dakota

I used Runkeeper for the first 1.5 years of my running. I now use the Nike Run Plus app with my Apple Watch. It has a Coach where you can start a training program for a particular race distance on a future race date. I have been using the Coach for the Dark Side because I want to PR under 2hrs on the Half. The app is fine I guess, but it has some quirks that I dislike and it 'loses" a completed run that is assigned to the Training Program from time to time.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom