Half day tickets?

wired

My wife and I will be in orlando for a business trip and will have time in the afternoon to kill, we talked about going to the Magic Kingdom. But since we will not be able to get there until about 3 pm or so, I was wondering if discount tickets late in the day.

I am just about figuring that the answer is no, but I hey if you don't ask you never know. Thanks All...

wired

wdwmomof3

When we went last Sept for my husbands business meeting, I remember that the hotel where we stayed, Hotel Royal Plaza, also where the meetings were held, did offer some sort of discount but it was only a couple of dollars. We ended up just getting him a five day pass too. :)

If they did offer a big discount, I think that the parks would really be packed at night, worse than they already are.:lookaroun

Upvote 0

CAPTAIN HOOK

Would it work out any better/cheaper to buy MYW tickets with the No Expirey Option in preperation for your NEXT trip and add on an extra day to enable you to visit this year ?

Upvote 0

Rob562

Is your business meeting/convention being held *at* WDW? If so, they offer special discounted after-2PM and after-4PM admission tickets. But it has to be purchased through your convention or through WDW's convention office. It's not something that can be purchased at the ticket windows.

-Rob

Upvote 0

hokielutz

nope... sorry. Its nothing that I have ever heard of.... but if Rob562 is right and your convention is on Disney property... its worth checking into.

But I do agree, if Disney offered discounted 1/2 day tickets, then the evenings would be mass hysteria.

Upvote 0

StingraySam

Sorry but the only half day passes that I am aware of are for Florida residents:

The After 2pm Water Park Pass which is currently being offered and the After 4pm Epcot pass of which I am not sure they even offer any longer. Neither of these passes would be any bargain to you anyway because the are annual type passes and would cost more than just a single day ticket.

Upvote 0

barbara

I would check to see if they are having a special event when you go like, Pirates & Princess Party, the ticket is appx. $45 and you can get into Magic Kingdom after 4pm, and the party goes till midnight. Usually no long lines to get on the rides.

Upvote 0

disneychick53

My wife and I will be in orlando for a business trip and will have time in the afternoon to kill, we talked about going to the Magic Kingdom. But since we will not be able to get there until about 3 pm or so, I was wondering if discount tickets late in the day.

I am just about figuring that the answer is no, but I hey if you don't ask you never know. Thanks All...

wired
they have after 4 p.m. tickets

Upvote 0

Phonedave

... but ONLY for participants in conventions that are administered by WDW and purchased through that avenue.

The general public can't simply buy an "after 4" ticket because they don't exist.

FACT, not opinion.

Are you sure it has to be at a convention administered by WDW? I was at a convention at the World Drive Marriot a few months back, and we were offered our choice of two free after 2:00 PM tickets to either WDW or Universal. Of course I am sure the tickets were not free, they were paid for by the event organizers. In fact we could buy additional tickets at a discount, but they had to be full day tickets.

I took the Universal tickets because I allready have an AP, so I am not certain exactly what the WDW tickets looked like.

Upvote 0

Rob562

Are you sure it has to be at a convention administered by WDW? I was at a convention at the World Drive Marriot a few months back, and we were offered our choice of two free after 2:00 PM tickets to either WDW or Universal. Of course I am sure the tickets were not free, they were paid for by the event organizers. In fact we could buy additional tickets at a discount, but they had to be full day tickets.

I took the Universal tickets because I allready have an AP, so I am not certain exactly what the WDW tickets looked like.

If you click on the order link on the page linked above, the drop-down menu for hotel choice has MANY non-Disney hotels listed, including the Marriott World Center. So my guess is that individual conventions can make a deal with Disney.

-Rob

Upvote 0

CleveRocks

Yes, I was mistaken on that part ... it doesn't have to be a WDW-sanctioned convention, as there are ticket wholesalers who will sell convention tickets to conventions.

However, it remains accurate that someone off the street can't just decide to buy an after 4 p.m. ticket. It must be done through a convention organizer who wants to offer this opportunity to participants.

Upvote 0

Carolyn1717

Epcot has After 4 Tickets for Florida Residents...that's so they can go to the restaurants there...best suggestion I've seen given for you so far is to purchase the 2 day/no expiration ticket and use it the next time you come for a convention.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom