Half Day Parks

wdwfan4ver

Here is my own experience on the 4 parks on how the 4 parks could be really be turned into half day park.

DHS is capable of being half a day park after the first trip. Any person that has went to WDW over 3 or 4 times in their lifetime is going be hard for the person to do a whole day due to Disney not updating their shows at that Park. It you don't do TOT and rock'n rollercoaster, this will cut down the amount of time in the park to a point if you don't do all the shows as an Experience Park Goer.

I actually don't know how Magic Kingdom could be a half a day park unless you are a thrill junkie or don't want be around stuff like strollers.

Epcot even in its own shape is at least a 2 day park if you take your time. Future World still does have some good attractions although Imagination and Universe of Energy needs help back. World Showcase isn't made for Park Commandos or just go on rides. World showcase is made for taking your time looking at shows, eating, drinking, and enjoy the entertainment the countries have.

I honestly think Guests need to put away the half a day label for AK at this point since the construction isn't going to done before 2017. The upcoming night time show,Night time karamojo safari and the upcoming Avatar Attractions is stuff that would increase the amount of time a guests stays in the park if they are in good quality.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
I went to AK on valentines day and I still considered it HALF of a half-day park.. and that's including getting trapped in Conservation Station or whatever it's called.. As well as doing every attraction in the park.

EnergyKing

These parks NEEED things. It's really that simple. They need more good rides to make the less exciting attractions seem worth it by association. How much more tolerable is it to see Hall of Presidents (i personally love it) knowing there are some awesome classic rides just minutes away? But if HOP was one of the only attractions in MK it obviously wouldn't be the same. AK needs like 5 or 6 more actual attractions, rides, and good ones, not carnival filler.

EnergyKing

i think there's a reason why MK works the best, because it's all about escape. DHS, AK and Epcot are too grounded in reality...they're transient. Even the future becomes dated. Maybe WDW just shot themselves in the foot with these concepts.

wdwfan4ver

i think there's a reason why MK works the best, because it's all about escape. DHS, AK and Epcot are too grounded in reality...they're transient. Even the future becomes dated. Maybe WDW just shot themselves in the foot with these concepts.
AK's issue was something else and the Management of TWDC. AK really didn't recover from not having Beastly Kingdom and the park did some stuff cheaply didn't help matters. Disney did Chester and Hester instead of Excavator due to cost. Disney also did Kali River Rapids instead of Tiger River Rapids and did it cheap also. Today's Disney unlike the Eisner era is one that every attraction must be based off an ip. Disney actually could have done more with Animal Kingdom concept since it deals with real, Mythical, and extinction animals. Disney also has ips before Avatar for Expanding the park also. Disney had Jungle Book and that Ip would have been a good fit a ride for AK. Pixar did Nemo. While Disney did Nemo: The Musical, they could have did more with that Ip at AK.

DHS is partly due to its concept, but I think it is more caused by not changing its concept enough after the production part the park was stopped. This is a park that ran the Backlot Tour way past its due date. This a park that was designed to have have a film/productions area and it did record stuff like WCW programming, but when they stopped the working studios part is the issue. Disney doing some miscalculations with DHS after not using the park as a working studio anymore didn't help matters like American Idol Experience and not doing Monsters Inc. Door Coaster.

Epcot isn't completely due to reality. Part of the issue is on Disney for not on updating stuff and is why Future World became dated. I honestly think part of the problem with Epcot was not doing enough attractions for World Showcase for those who into rides, not taking their time at that section of World Showcase. The attraction part is a legit thing that wasn't fixed since UK, Japan, Germany, Italy, and Morocco didn't have any attractions.

Doug Means

Original Poster
I've been to WDW enough, and keep going back because I love it...all of it. I don't want any of it to be half day. If I do everything in the park in half a day, then I spend the other half of the day doing it all again. Because I love it so, I stay and do it more. I guess what I'm saying is IF you love it enough to keep spending lots of money going back, why don't you want to be there all day? Or if it's one of the only times you may go? AND sure sometimes I have gone back to the room for a short siesta, but I always go back to finish out the day! I love it

Goofyernmost

I've been to WDW enough, and keep going back because I love it...all of it. I don't want any of it to be half day. If I do everything in the park in half a day, then I spend the other half of the day doing it all again. Because I love it so, I stay and do it more. I guess what I'm saying is IF you love it enough to keep spending lots of money going back, why don't you want to be there all day? Or if it's one of the only times you may go? AND sure sometimes I have gone back to the room for a short siesta, but I always go back to finish out the day! I love it
And add a Park Hopper to that, and the World is your oyster! Things are only as bad as we make them out to be.

mattdenine

AK is a 1/2 day park for us for two reasons by mid afternoon most animals are hiding from the heat and my DD who is only going to be 3 on our next trip gets over heated so we go back to the pool. I just find there's no escaping the heat at AK.

DHS was probably 3/4 of a day for us our daughter loved the shows and with the addition of the Frozen show it will just add more time we spend there.

MK is multiple day, we will be doing 2 full days and one day from 4-12 for MNSSHP.

epcotisbest

I went to AK on valentines day and I still considered it HALF of a half-day park.. and that's including getting trapped in Conservation Station or whatever it's called.. As well as doing every attraction in the park.

Simply not possible in the time frame you claim. Disney lists 28 attractions for AK. With AK open 10 hours, half of a half day there gives you 2.5 hours. That comes out to about 5.3 minutes per attraction, not even factoring in the walking time between attractions or any in line time. It also does not account for any break time for water, snacks, dining, bathroom breaks or coming up for air, much less any entertainment, of which there is plenty.
Yes, you will argue there are not 28 attractions. I'm guessing you are only counting headliners and nothing else. Anyway, consider it what you want to but I hope someday you will slow down and appreciate the details and the opportunity wasted by rushing through.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Simply not possible in the time frame you claim. Disney lists 28 attractions for AK. With AK open 10 hours, half of a half day there gives you 2.5 hours. That comes out to about 5.3 minutes per attraction, not even factoring in the walking time between attractions or any in line time. It also does not account for any break time for water, snacks, dining, bathroom breaks or coming up for air, much less any entertainment, of which there is plenty.
Yes, you will argue there are not 28 attractions. I'm guessing you are only counting headliners and nothing else. Anyway, consider it what you want to but I hope someday you will slow down and appreciate the details and the opportunity wasted by rushing through.

I'll consider it what I will, then.

Animaniac93-98

Yes, you will argue there are not 28 attractions.

Who in their right mind would really agree there are 28 attractions in Animal Kingdom? The official list includes such "attractions" as a dinosaur statue in Animal Kingdom, a signpost in Africa (Habitat Habit, which the Unofficial Guide criticizes as such), individual animal displays and the midway games in Dinorama.

And who over 5 years of age is really going to want to do TriceraTop Spin or The Boneyard?

epcotisbest

Who in their right mind would really agree there are 28 attractions in Animal Kingdom? The official list includes such "attractions" as a dinosaur statue in Animal Kingdom, a signpost in Africa (Habitat Habit, which the Unofficial Guide criticizes as such), individual animal displays and the midway games in Dinorama.

And who over 5 years of age is really going to want to do TriceraTop Spin or The Boneyard?
I agree. That official list of attractions has a few on it that could probably be considered diversions instead of attractions.

dontknow

Much depends on interest and ages.

We are heading there for a 9 day stay in a few weeks.

Not including the day we arrive which will most likely be a night at the Lodge....

1/2 Day AK
1 Day Epcot
4.5 Days MK
1 Blizzard Beach (perhaps night at MK - else Lodge night)
1 Typhoon Lagoon (perhaps night at MK - else Lodge night)
0 Hollywood Studios - absolutely nothing of interest for us to repeat doing

wdwfan4ver

I posted this in another thread but it applies here:

Beauty and the Beast - 25 minutes
Citizens of Hollywood - 10 minutes
Disney Junior - 25 minutes
Fantasmic - 30 minutes
Frozen - 30 minutes
Indiana Jones - 30 minutes
LMA - 45 minutes
Mulch, Sweat & Shears - 30 minutes
Voyage of the Little Mermaid - 15 minutes

That's four hours of just shows. Assuming you'll be at Fantasmic about an hour early to get a good seat and at least a few minutes early for the other ones, that's another two hours. So six hours total. An average DHS operating day is twelve hours. You're already at 1/2 day and you haven't experienced Muppets, Star Tours, Tower, RnRC, Toy Story, or One Man's Dream yet.

Yeah, DHS is only a 1/2 day park when you skip half of the park. That's like complaining that a baseball game is only 90 minutes long because you left in the fifth inning.
Your information is going to be outdated since DHS will have 2 less attractions before the end of the year according to WDW1974 without anything replacing them right away.

Mukta

It's not like I'm going to my room after spending an hour at DHS. I hop to another park. There is no way I am going to bed when a park is open.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom