Half day at parks?

DiSnEyF@n

Hello All..

My family of 6 is planning on going to Disney this August, but due to lack of funds we are staying off site. With that said, I was wondering if this sounds like a feasible plan...

2 days at MK (at random - don't know which days but I know it will be spread out)
2 days at Epcot (our favorite park)
1/2 day at HS (not sure if we should do am or pm though)

What do you think? Will we be able to do all the "good" stuff at HS in half a day?

Thanks for your input!

nickys

Premium Member
Re: HS It all depends on what you want to do / see. Fitting in the rides is not a problem, but planning HS becomes tricky if you want to see any of the shows, do Jedi Training and so on. If you give us some suggestions as to ages, likes, Star Wars or not etc. it will make it easier for people to give advice.

Upvote 0

DiSnEyF@n

Original Poster
Re: HS It all depends on what you want to do / see. Fitting in the rides is not a problem, but planning HS becomes tricky if you want to see any of the shows, do Jedi Training and so on. If you give us some suggestions as to ages, likes, Star Wars or not etc. it will make it easier for people to give advice.

We'll probably want to do TSMM, Muppets, B&tB show and the big kids will want to do the rides on Sunset Blvd. Probably won't do Jedi training.

Upvote 0

nickys

Premium Member
We'll probably want to do TSMM, Muppets, B&tB show and the big kids will want to do the rides on Sunset Blvd. Probably won't do Jedi training.

There's also GMR (if it hasn't shut by then) and Star Tours? But so far you essentially have 2 tier 1 rides and the rest are tier 2. Others can advise on which fps to book (I'm a wimp and don't ride ToT or RnR!). Muppets is continuous anyway, so might want to fp B&tB to ensure you get into a specific show since you are pushed for time.

Without all the Star Wars stuff you'll be fine. My problem was fitting in the Star Wars stage show, March of the First Order and enough time in the Launch Bay. We needed a second half day to fit it all in lol!

Upvote 0

LeighM

I second Animal Kingdom as well but mostly bc I love that park and Pandora will be open ;) The last time we were at HS, it was so crowded and I started to feel claustrophobic. I have never seen the park so crowded but someone told me it was probably because, with some sections closed for construction, the crowds are being funneled into the main walkways. If you have park hopper, I would suggest going to HS in the morning, hop over to Epcot, and go back to HS in the evening - just based on my experiences. If you don't have park hopper, and depending on what the park hours are, it might be best to go in the morning before the afternoon crowds.

Upvote 0

Mark P.

Right now, DHS is absolutely a half-day park and would be our first and only choice among the four. AM is preferable, so that you can rope-drop whatever you don't get FP+ reservations for.

Upvote 0

mdubm

You can def do DHS in 1/2 day. In fact, that's our half day when we go in June. We FPed TSMM in tier 1. We usually try to catch everything else at park open. I'd definitely do AM for DHS. You'll get the most knocked out that way and it won't be as crowded as later in the day.

Upvote 0
I am going to disagree with everyone else. We really enjoyed HS a lot more than AK. and the problem with only planning a 1/2 day there is you will miss Fantasmic! which I think is one of the best shows at any of the parks. Really Really enjoyed it. AK is by far my least favorite park. We planned a full day there, and ended up hoping over to Epcot for part of the day instead because there was nothing else at AK we were interested in doing.

Upvote 0

mdubm

I am going to disagree with everyone else. We really enjoyed HS a lot more than AK. and the problem with only planning a 1/2 day there is you will miss Fantasmic! which I think is one of the best shows at any of the parks. Really Really enjoyed it. AK is by far my least favorite park. We planned a full day there, and ended up hoping over to Epcot for part of the day instead because there was nothing else at AK we were interested in doing.
I do agree with you on AK (we've always done it in half a day too), but OP never listed it as a park, so I didn't mention it. Now that they will be adding Pandora, you could possibly spend a full day at AK, but with two young kids (like myself), we can't get a full day out of AK.

Upvote 0

CaptainAmerica

DHS is the one park we spend maybe two or three hours and can be done.
How? Beauty and the Beast is 25 minutes. Disney Junior is 25 minutes. Fantasmic is 30 minutes. Frozen is 30 minutes. Indiana Jones is 30 minutes. Voyage of the Little Mermaid is 20 minutes. One Man's Dream takes about 20 minutes. That's three hours right there and doesn't include any time walking, eating, standing in line, or actually riding a single ride.

Animal Kingdom is my favorite park so I'm not advocating for DHS over DAK, but I think "DHS can be done in two hours" is a bit of hyperbole.

Upvote 0

mdubm

How? Beauty and the Beast is 25 minutes. Disney Junior is 25 minutes. Fantasmic is 30 minutes. Frozen is 30 minutes. Indiana Jones is 30 minutes. Voyage of the Little Mermaid is 20 minutes. One Man's Dream takes about 20 minutes. That's three hours right there and doesn't include any time walking, eating, standing in line, or actually riding a single ride.

Animal Kingdom is my favorite park so I'm not advocating for DHS over DAK, but I think "DHS can be done in two hours" is a bit of hyperbole.
We don't do Fantasmic, Frozen, Indiana Jones, or One Man's Dream. I have two young kids, so Fantasmic scares them, my DD almost fell asleep in Frozen the ONE time we did it, so never again, and the other two don't appeal to them either. Indiana Jones is a little frightening to my DD. So yes, I may have exaggerated a bit, and we are maybe a little unusual in that we don't do several of the attractions there. Once they get older, we will spend more time there. And we don't eat because we eat at resort before we get there, then head back to resort for lunch.

Upvote 0

correcaminos

Don't really like the Beauty & the beast show and we are waaaaaaay beyond Disney Junior. Didn't like Fantasmic either - Disney World or Disneyland and in general we're not show people at all. So we ride Star Tours, Toy Story Mania, Muppets and maybe another two rides and we're done. We're honestly almost always done before lunch and go to Epcot for lunch instead. Last year we were there from maybe 2-5 and that was it. Not our favorite park at all.

Upvote 0

MickeyMomV

We usually spend a couple of half days at HS every trip. Of course the DH and DS will spend a couple of hours on Star Tours. One of the last times we were there they road ST 7 times in a row. Personally I think they are nuts!! If you are there at night the fireworks are fantastic. We actually liked them more than Wishes last year.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom