Gwazi set to close

Omnikron

Original Poster
Busch Gardens has confirmed in that they'll be closing down Gwazi sometime soon. Stating high maintenance to blame. Rumors of it closing for good around early Feb 2015, while it'll remain up, Busch Gardens has no plans for demolition of the coaster as of yet.

source

Rember riding this when it first opened and loved it, now, it hurts my back to just watch it :D The last time I rode it, it reminded my a lot of the old Python coaster and how my head hurt after getting off the ride.

StageFrenzy

Busch Gardens has confirmed in that they'll be closing down Gwazi sometime soon. Stating high maintenance to blame. Rumors of it closing for good around early Feb 2015, while it'll remain up, Busch Gardens has no plans for demolition of the coaster as of yet.

source

Rember riding this when it first opened and loved it, now, it hurts my back to just watch it :D The last time I rode it, it reminded my a lot of the old Python coaster and how my head hurt after getting off the ride.
Ditto

StageFrenzy

Yeah, rode it once, that was enough. That thing will shake your kidneys loose.
Rode it a bunch of times, can't/don't want to take it anymore especially if there is only one train running. It got a little better with the philly trains however to little to late. The only way to fix it would have been the "iron topper" and at that point it's not a woody.

Bairstow

It's such a shame that Gwazi turned out to be such a disappointment.
I was really excited to finally get a chance to ride it after being so blown away by GCI's "Thunderhead" at Dollywood.
Sadly, it seems like they didn't really figure out what they were doing until after Gwazi was built- even with the racing feature it was painful and not that fun to ride.

Here's to hoping Busch Gardens builds a worthwhile wooden replacement.
Heck, let GCI try again- they certainly have improved their methods since Gwazi.

Donald Razorduck

It's such a shame that Gwazi turned out to be such a disappointment.
I was really excited to finally get a chance to ride it after being so blown away by GCI's "Thunderhead" at Dollywood.
Sadly, it seems like they didn't really figure out what they were doing until after Gwazi was built- even with the racing feature it was painful and not that fun to ride.

Here's to hoping Busch Gardens builds a worthwhile wooden replacement.
Heck, let GCI try again- they certainly have improved their methods since Gwazi.

As someone that gets to enjoy RMC's Outlaw Run at SDC and has rode their two conversions at the Texas Six Flags parks, I would have loved to see them come in and redo both tracks with their ibox conversions. Put an inversion or two on one side and add some pops of air without inversions on the other, yet keep the racing aspect, two in one.

Looking forward to see what they do with the duel coaster at Kentucky Kingdom.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom