1. Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.
    Dismiss Notice

Guillermo del Toro's Haunted Mansion

Discussion in 'Animation, Movies, TV' started by tinkerblonde11, Mar 12, 2014.

1. NiarrNDisney

NiarrNDisney Well-Known Member

Agreed! However what I was talking about was the writing which at this point is what is needed to make a better movie. A story better than what (as we all know) was lack luster in the terrible Eddie Murphy HM film and has been all over the place with the attraction itself!

Last edited: Jul 14, 2014
  2. ChampDisney

ChampDisney Well-Known Member

I actually thought of a Marvel crossover, where Dr. Doom purchases The Gracey Manor estates to use it as a new secret base for Intelligencia as a way to rejoin the group. The whole comic series would be about Dr. Doom experiencing strange ghostly activities occurring around the mansion, it would then lead to Doom fighting off the 999 unhappy haunts who want to be at peace in "their" mansion. Just like in the 2003 film, Madame Leota comes in handy for help but Mr. Gracey especially wants him out. Who would win? The mansion. ... It always wins!

Matt_Black likes this.
  3. Matt_Black

Matt_Black Well-Known Member

Good, except that when Reed Richards isn't involved (RICHAAAAARDS!), the outcome heavily favors Doom. He's a top scientist and the equivalent of Sorcerer Supreme.

ChampDisney likes this.
  4. ChampDisney

Fair enough. What would your Hellboy crossover consist of?

5. Matt_Black

Basically, Hellboy and the BPRD would just have a relaxing weekend in the Mansion. The ghosts try to spook them, but they think it's quaint.

ChampDisney likes this.
  6. seahawk7

seahawk7 Well-Known Member

I also liked or thought it was interesting. But I'm curious, how many of Eddie Murphy's movies have you seen that cause you to not like him as an actor?

7. Matt_Black

I'm guessing it was anything from the 90s onward. Now, Beverly Hills Cop, Trading Places, The Golden Child? Those films are CLASSIC.

seahawk7 likes this.
  8. seahawk7

seahawk7 Well-Known Member

YES! That's what I wanted to hear! No matter your age, see those movies if you want to have an informed opinion on Eddie Murphy. No insult meant. But Eddie Murphy is a great comedian and did make some classic movies.

9. Matt_Black

As far as modern stuff goes, he was EXCELLENT in Shrek and Shrek 2, as that was closer to "classic" Eddie than "modern" Eddie.

seahawk7 likes this.
  10. SosoDude

SosoDude Well-Known Member

11. SosoDude

SosoDude Well-Known Member

AllyInWonderland likes this.
  12. ChampDisney

Wow! I'm super pumped for this! And it's kind of interesting considering the fact that Guillermo del Toro is or was co-directing the stop-motion animation version of Gris Grimly's version of Pinocchio.

Here's my guess. Grimly was working with Del Toro on the Mansion film as a story artist and/or character designer. The art pieces that Del Toro was talking about? Was made by Grimly. And since fans including myself are clamoring for a Haunted Mansion film, Disney hired him for the television special while Del Toro comes up with a script worthy of Disney's approval. Just my educational guess seeing that Del Toro and Grimly are linked to other works.

AllyInWonderland and SosoDude like this.
  13. Bparso87

Bparso87 Well-Known Member

Del toro needs to make hellboy 3 and justice league dark before this. I just don't really see huanted mansion as a good movie property unless it is pg-13.

Steel City Magic and Matt_Black like this.
  14. Magicart87

Magicart87 Well-Known Member

This thread was bumped back in 2015 to find out what the latest was on the movie. That bump and subsequent replies have since been removed it seems. Now that this thread "appears" dead and buried I thought it time to resurrect it to once again to find out if this movie is ever going to get made. Surely someone at D23 2017 can find out!? I want to see this movie dang it!

SosoDude and Steel City Magic like this.
  15. Matt_Black

Given del Toro's track record, I predict we'll see this shortly after Hellboy 3.

16. ChampDisney

Impossible. Hellboy is set to be rebooted with David Harbour of Stranger Things to tackle on the role of Hellboy.

17. Matt_Black