Guide to DLR for WDW Veterans!

ScottKC

This is probably a dumb question, but what are the average prices per night of the non-Disney hotels near the resort? Planning a trip out to DL for my 25th birthday next year and I just wanted to hear what you more seasoned folks think is too much or just right in regards to pricing for accommodations! Thanks as always

You can book so-called 'Good Neighbor Hotels" through the Disneyland website in packages that include your park tickets. Every kind of conceivable hotel/motel type is available within a very short distance from the resort. I've priced things out in the 125-150 range(All-Star/Pop Century pricing?) and that covers a lot of ground....from mom & pop 60 year old motels to all of your national chains. Try Trivago(or your favorite travel site) to get an idea. For example the Hilton across Katella Ave. on the other side of California Adventure at the Anaheim Convention Center had mid August rooms in the low 100's through Trivago. Look carefully at the photos because some of the closest motels(walking distance) have varying standards of upkeep but all stay in that same price range. Best deals will probably be low 100's, sub 100's are going to be Motel 6 or pretty old not so nice places...but probably clean and just a place to sleep and shower.

GiveMeTheMusic

Original Poster
I started my search on the DL website and immediately ran out the door, lol.

I'd look into Hotwire and Priceline bidding. You can often get Hilton/Sheraton et al for real decent that way ($100/nt or less). Just do your research on TripAdvisor so you don't end up in a poo hole motel with shady creatures. ;)

surfsupdon

If I'm a WDW AP holder will I get free Photopass downloads while in DL from runDisney races?

I will be solo for a day. Where in DL is a great lounge/bar I can sit at and order a really good dinner meal (sitting at the bar)?

Oh yeah I'm so excited for my first visit!

GiveMeTheMusic

Original Poster
If I'm a WDW AP holder will I get free Photopass downloads while in DL from runDisney races?

I will be solo for a day. Where in DL is a great lounge/bar I can sit at and order a really good dinner meal (sitting at the bar)?

Oh yeah I'm so excited for my first visit!

You will only be eligible for free PhotoPass downloads at DLR if you're a Premier Annual Passholder. If you hold any other WDW AP, you aren't eligible.

Napa Rose Lounge would be my pick.

BrianV

How far out are DL hotels booking usually? I just looked and it is only until January. When they expand are there cheaper rooms available first? Do they pre-release rooms to disney card holders or pass holders?

We will probably stay off site at a convention hotel but I wanted to check the prices and nothing was open yet.

TexasErin

Can anybody give me some guidance on the cheapest way to have admission for our upcoming 10-day trip?....Although I know we don't actually NEED to stay that long, we WANT to stay that long. Our 2014 and 2015 trips were both 10 days and really allowed us to relax and smell the roses....

We will probably get Deluxe APs and are planning on May 27-June 5. May 27 will be blocked, but we will activate our APs that day, so we will be able to get in. It appears May 28 will also be blocked, so ADDITIONALLY we will have to buy a 1-day ticket (sigh...). June 3 will also be blocked, but that's okay because I don't mind having one day to just sleep late, character breakfast at a hotel, swim, and enjoy DTD.

Any cheaper way to have 10 days of admission with just one blocked day during that timeframe. The best I can come up with is a deluxe AP plus a 1-day ticket (probably won't spring for park hopping for that one day). We are not California residents. We are DVC members.

StarWarsGirl

Can anybody give me some guidance on the cheapest way to have admission for our upcoming 10-day trip?....Although I know we don't actually NEED to stay that long, we WANT to stay that long. Our 2014 and 2015 trips were both 10 days and really allowed us to relax and smell the roses....

We will probably get Deluxe APs and are planning on May 27-June 5. May 27 will be blocked, but we will activate our APs that day, so we will be able to get in. It appears May 28 will also be blocked, so ADDITIONALLY we will have to buy a 1-day ticket (sigh...). June 3 will also be blocked, but that's okay because I don't mind having one day to just sleep late, character breakfast at a hotel, swim, and enjoy DTD.

Any cheaper way to have 10 days of admission with just one blocked day during that timeframe. The best I can come up with is a deluxe AP plus a 1-day ticket (probably won't spring for park hopping for that one day). We are not California residents. We are DVC members.
You could upgrade to the signature passport. There are no blockout dates during your trip on that pass, and the discounts are greater than the deluxe APs and the DVC discounts. Remember too that the one day passes go up in price based on how busy that day is expected to be, so a one day pass on a day when the Deluxe APs are blocked is likely going to be pretty expensive.

TexasErin

You could upgrade to the signature passport. There are no blockout dates during your trip on that pass, and the discounts are greater than the deluxe APs and the DVC discounts. Remember too that the one day passes go up in price based on how busy that day is expected to be, so a one day pass on a day when the Deluxe APs are blocked is likely going to be pretty expensive.

The signature is $250 more than the deluxe. And there are four in my family. EEK! Even though the discounts are higher, I don't think that we would save over $1000 extra on food or souvenirs...if so, then we are really spending way too much on food and souvenirs, lol. I did look at the DVC member discount, and it's a whole $20. Woo hoo, right?? I'm hoping a one-day ticket doesn't cost more than $120, even on a busy day?

TexasErin

Hmmm...now that I think about it some more, the difference between buying the signature pass and the deluxe pass would only be like maybe $130 (since I would save the cost of a one-day ticket, which I'm guessing might be around $120 next year on a busy day??) I wonder if I would save an extra $130/per person with a better discount on food/souvenirs. I still think my husband would **** a brick if I told him that we were spending $3400 on tickets....Good thing I do all of the budgeting and planning :)

StarWarsGirl

The signature is $250 more than the deluxe. And there are four in my family. EEK! Even though the discounts are higher, I don't think that we would save over $1000 extra on food or souvenirs...if so, then we are really spending way too much on food and souvenirs, lol. I did look at the DVC member discount, and it's a whole $20. Woo hoo, right?? I'm hoping a one-day ticket doesn't cost more than $120, even on a busy day?
Peak one-day tickets cost $120.

I know, the DVC discount is really...sad. Especially compared to the discount on our WDW APs.

Californian Elitist

All 10 of those days will be spent at the Disneyland Resort?

BrianV

Yep! I know most people think that is way too long, but we have had a great time spending all of our days at DLR. Not bored for a second. We went back to WDW a couple of months ago and missed our leisurely DLR trip this year.

But will you enter the parks all 10 days too? Or will some days explore, swim, etc.?

BrianV

We are planning on taking one day off to relax. We will swim and may catch a movie at the DTD AMC. All the rest of the days, we will go into the parks.

Impressive. As a wdw veteran for sure, planning my first dlr trip, I couldn't imagine such a long trip at wdw. But it will be awesome. We'll probably only have two days and part of a third before a red-eye.

TexasErin

Impressive. As a wdw veteran for sure, planning my first dlr trip, I couldn't imagine such a long trip at wdw. But it will be awesome. We'll probably only have two days and part of a third before a red-eye.

I would definitely recommend making a list of the most important things to hit, like Radiator Springs Racers, World of Color, and Indiana Jones. Although the castle is smaller, we thought the Sleeping Beauty walk-through made up for it.

BrianV

I would definitely recommend making a list of the most important things to hit, like Radiator Springs Racers, World of Color, and Indiana Jones. Although the castle is smaller, we thought the Sleeping Beauty walk-through made up for it.

Years ago DD was a huge sleeping beauty fan. On the BluRay there is a walk through of the castle. Always wanted to go and would watch over and over. Sadly for her this will be a business trip. No DD. :(

Yes, the castle, radiator springs, IJ, snow white, Mr toad (miss both) and a few others. I know DW and I can't see it all. But this might likely be our only trip ever to dlr.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom