Guide to DLR for WDW Veterans!

Bairstow

Honestly, early May is pretty awful timing. Any chance you could push it back to be after the celebration commences? There will be a big difference in offerings between early May and late May - like a substantial, OMG difference.

Beyond some decorations on the castle, Matterhorn being open, and there being some projection elements to the fireworks show?
Because that seems to be the major thrust of the 60th elements that have been announced so far.

Californian Elitist

Beyond some decorations on the castle, Matterhorn being open, and there being some projection elements to the fireworks show?
Because that seems to be the major thrust of the 60th elements that have been announced so far.

Not to mention a new WoC, a new night parade, new enhancements to attractions/lands, and the possibility of new a new Harold and the return of Hatbox.

GiveMeTheMusic

Original Poster

The major thrust is the first new light parade in a domestic Disney theme park since 1997, an unprecedented parkwide fireworks and projection show, a top to bottom redo of World of Color, a completely redone Peter Pan's Flight, plus additions to Matterhorn (new show scenes/Harold AAs) and Haunted Mansion (Hatbox Ghost).

Then there's decor overlays and the usual food/merch, and nothing will be closed (except for Luigi's, which is being rebuilt until late 2015).

Bairstow

It will be completely different. Me thinks you need to either look at our 60th anniversary thread or google it.

Seen it, and it's like 250 posts long.

My problem with the anniversary is that the crowds are going to be murder for the first couple weeks, and then peak season starts.
There really won't be a good time to visit until next fall, and again, we've never even seen vanilla Disneyland.
Seems like most of these enhancements are going to be permanent, too.

Californian Elitist

Seen it, and it's like 250 posts long.

My problem with the anniversary is that the crowds are going to be murder for the first couple weeks, and then peak season starts.
There really won't be a good time to visit until next fall, and again, we've never even seen vanilla Disneyland.
Seems like most of these enhancements are going to be permanent, too.

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/...isneyland-the-reality-of-it-all.895280/page-4

Well, if you don't want to deal with crowds, then it looks like your choice has been made. And I didn't realize you said March. WoC will be the regular version in March.

Bairstow

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/...isneyland-the-reality-of-it-all.895280/page-4

Well, if you don't want to deal with crowds, then it looks like your choice has been made. And I didn't realize you said March. WoC will be the regular version in March.

Odd.
Seems like with the enhancements in place there would be no point in going back to the old show.

I don't suppose it's public knowledge how many tarps/scaffolds will still be in place in the weeks leading up to the main kickoff.
It would seem that most of the enhancements to the lands would be unveiled ahead of time, simply because it wouldn't be practical to take all those walls and pipes down in one night, or even week.

LWB

When do kids go back to school in California? I didn't know when the local crowds during the week might lessen? Before or after Labor Day?

GiveMeTheMusic

Original Poster
When do kids go back to school in California? I didn't know when the local crowds during the week might lessen? Before or after Labor Day?

Summer weekdays are not as bad as you might think, generally speaking. In fact, summer crowds can now pale in comparison to Halloween and Christmas crowds. Generally speaking, there's a short dead-ish period between Labor Day and September 12th or so, which is when HalloweenTime kicks off - and then it's anything but dead.

Unless you want to be here for HalloweenTime, I'd advise coming during the summer - June or July are preferable to August, especially if you want to ride Haunted Mansion, as it goes down every year in mid to late August to switch over to Haunted Mansion Holiday.

cooleo

Thanks to all for this thread. My family has been to WDW 16 times and we are now making our first trip to DL. We arrive 4 days after the 60th begins and we are all so excited to finally get out to DL. I have many close friends who have been out there and we have discussed this a bunch so I already had a good idea what to expect, but this info is tremendously helpful. Staying at the Fairfield Inn (Good Neighbor Hotel) which appears to be extremely close walking distance according to google earth. 4 day Park Hopper passes with a couple extra days to visit other sites around SoCal. Very excited to get there.

lego606

MagicBandit
Thanks to all for this thread. My family has been to WDW 16 times and we are now making our first trip to DL. We arrive 4 days after the 60th begins and we are all so excited to finally get out to DL. I have many close friends who have been out there and we have discussed this a bunch so I already had a good idea what to expect, but this info is tremendously helpful. Staying at the Fairfield Inn (Good Neighbor Hotel) which appears to be extremely close walking distance according to google earth. 4 day Park Hopper passes with a couple extra days to visit other sites around SoCal. Very excited to get there.

Fairfield is very close. Just be ready for a whooooooole lot of people, CA schools let out right before that week, and with all the new fun things to do, everyone's going to want to go to Disneyland

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom