Guests at Pools

Minthorne

DID THEY PAY DISNEY TO USE THE POOL?

Yes or no.

Well the room was paid for. If the name was on the reservation with a allowed number of guests in the room then I'd say Disney was paid.

The real point here is that all these rules are open to Disney interpretation based on how much you spend. If you are staying in the presidential suite at the contemporary I bet they will let you have any guests visiting you use the pool. No questions asked.

RustySpork

Oscar Mayer Memer
Well the room was paid for. If the name was on the reservation with a allowed number of guests in the room then I'd say Disney was paid.

The real point here is that all these rules are open to Disney interpretation based on how much you spend. If you are staying in the presidential suite at the contemporary I bet they will let you have any guests visiting you use the pool. No questions asked.

Don't mind me, I'm just over here using the thread's words against them.

Yes. That's what my room pays for. I had a total of 3 people in my room.

This isn't difficult-
3 people in a room- one price for the room. That price included all benefits for all room occupants.

You're right, it's not difficult. You went to Disney, and you paid for a room for yourself. You added additional people to the room to give them Disney benefits without payment.

You literally stole from Disney according to the thought police here.

21stamps

Don't mind me, I'm just over here using the thread's words against them.

You're right, it's not difficult. You went to Disney, and you paid for a room for yourself. You added additional people to the room to give them Disney benefits without payment.

You literally stole from Disney according to the thought police here.

What? Seriously.. how do you come up with that, I don't want to go down this road.. but I can't help but being intrigued by the logic behind your statement.

A hotel room can hold 4 people. You pay the same regardless of 1-2-3 or 4. If someone is only staying part of the trip, then they are added to the reservation for that many days only. Still included in the room price for 1-2-3- or 4. They are registered with the front desk, listed as a resort guest-and room occupant (for those who want to spat about the definition of resort guest)

Please explain how that in any way shape or form, is breaking a rule or stealing.

RustySpork

Oscar Mayer Memer
What? Seriously.. how do you come up with that, I don't want to go down this road.. but I can't help but being intrigued by the logic behind your statement.

A hotel room can hold 4 people. You pay the same regardless of 1-2-3 or 4. If someone is only staying part of the trip, then they are added to the reservation for that many days only. Still included in the room price for 1-2-3- or 4. They are registered with the front desk.

Please explain how that in any way shape or form, is breaking a rule or stealing.

Were those guests on the on the reservation when you checked in, or did you add them later?

jakeman

Were those guests on the on the reservation when you checked in, or did you add them later?
580b35823efec1bfdfc0b07a7f7065dd.gif

21stamps

I'm guessing you've never done this. It can be a mess if you talk to the wrong person.

In 2015 was the first time that I did it. I called, explained that I would have a guest for 3 days, and asked how to go about it.. so we could book our FP's together.
Was on the phone about an hour.. then told "all is good, we can book our fast passes".
So, I log onto MDE.. and hit the ceiling.
Somehow the phone cm made a mistake- my new balance was huge... my friend had been added to 7 days of tickets and 9 nights of the dining plan.

I called back. This was a huge mess.. over 2 hours on the phone, no way to remove it without canceling reservation.. no TPV rooms left at Poly..no guarantee that my room would be there if we cancelled and rebooked. Got transferred several times, finally to Guest Relations.. they somehow removed it.
What they did then- notated it on the reservation with her name.
When the vacay came, and she arrived at the resort, she had to go to the front desk to get a key card-with her name on it, and a parking pass.

2016- I called, explained what happened in 2015.. asked how to avoid that again.. So they just made a notation with that person's name and the dates she would be staying.
When that vacay came- she had to go to the front desk and get a key card- with her name on it, and parking pass.

One more time- Registered Guest.

RustySpork

Oscar Mayer Memer
I'm guessing you've never done this. It can be a mess if you talk to the wrong person.

Of course I wouldn't do this kind of thing, I'm not a bad person. I don't take things from other people without their awareness, approval, and proper compensation if necessary. I don't drive in the left lane, I yield at yield signs, and I always shower before I enter a pool that I've paid to access.

In 2015 was the first time that I did it. I called, explained that I would have a guest for 3 days, and asked how to go about it.. so we could book our FP's together.
Was on the phone about an hour.. then told "all is good, we can book our fast passes".
So, I log onto MDE.. and hit the ceiling.
Somehow the phone cm made a mistake- my new balance was huge... my friend had been added to 7 days of tickets and 9 nights of the dining plan.

I called back. This was a huge mess.. over 2 hours on the phone, no way to remove it without canceling reservation.. no TPV rooms left at Poly..no guarantee that my room would be there if we cancelled and rebooked. Got transferred several times, finally to Guest Relations.. they somehow removed it.
What they did then- notated it on the reservation with her name.
When the vacay came, and she arrived at the resort, she had to go to the front desk to get a key card.

2016- I called, explained what happened in 2015.. asked how to avoid that again.. So they just made a notation with that person's name and the dates she would be staying.
When that vacay came- she had to go to the front desk and get a key card.

One more time- Registered Guest.

You've talked around both of my questions so far. Who cares about your story. Did your guests compensate Disney for their use of the pool, and were they on the reservation when you checked in?

jakeman

Yeah I get that. I also get there's a handful of posters around here that seem to live for backing @21stamps into a corner.

I just wish you guys (including @21stamps) would take your constant slap fighting to PMs so I could take the lot of you off ignore. It'd be nice not to have to wonder why there are pages with only 3 post on it sometimes.

21stamps

Of course I wouldn't do this kind of thing, I'm not a bad person. I don't take things from other people without their awareness, approval, and proper compensation if necessary. I don't drive in the left lane, I yield at yield signs, and I always shower before I enter a pool that I've paid to access.

You've talked around both of my questions so far. Who cares about your story. Did your guests compensate Disney for their use of the pool, and were they on the reservation when you checked in?

Dude, I get that you like to go in circles.. but what part of this aren't you comprehending? There is one price for the room.. not a per person fee. Even if there was- does it matter?

One price for 2 adults and 2 children... let's use a total price of $200 for these 4.

If 2 adults and 1 child are in the same room...
What is the total price for this room?

I think a key card with someone's name on it, and a parking pass.. would mean that somehow Disney had their name.
I could be wrong on that though..I mean it is a "magical" place.

RustySpork

Oscar Mayer Memer
Dude, I get that you like to go in circles.. but what part of this aren't you comprehending? There is one price for the room.. not a per person fee. Even if there was- does it matter?

One price for 2 adults and 2 children... let's use a total price of $200 for these 4.

If 2 adults and 1 child are in the same room...
What is the total price for this room?

I think a key card with someone's name on it, and a parking pass.. would mean that somehow Disney had their name.
I could be wrong on that though..I mean it is a "magical" place.

You can rest assured that this isn't a comprehension problem.

21stamps

You can rest assured that this isn't a comprehension problem.
I'm glad you finally get it. Whew. That was a long process to get here.

If Disney adjusts their room prices to a per person fee.. then I definitely wouldn't complain. I'd come out better in that scenario :)
Please lobby for it.

Jon81uk

Except if they are checking at the gates to the pool then they will scan every magicband, if you bring guests not listed on your reservation, they won't have a band and the lifeguard won't know to let them in, they don't know how much you paid or what room type, just who is and isn't a registered guest.

Minthorne

Except if they are checking at the gates to the pool then they will scan every magicband, if you bring guests not listed on your reservation, they won't have a band and the lifeguard won't know to let them in, they don't know how much you paid or what room type, just who is and isn't a registered guest.

I think we would all be surprised at how that MB would be flagged when scanned. Disney know their high rollers and they have a different experience.

"I love rich people. I love how rich people live. I love how I live when I'm with rich people!"
- Max Detweiler

RustySpork

Oscar Mayer Memer
I think we would all be surprised at how that MB would be flagged when scanned. Disney know their high rollers and they have a different experience.

"I love rich people. I love how rich people live. I love how I live when I'm with rich people!"
- Max Detweiler

Can you imagine the blowback that would happen if (insert famous person here) wasn't allowed to bring a friend that flew in for the day to the pool with him or her after dropping $5k on a room for the weekend?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom