Guest relations services being tested in the Magic Kingdom's Tomorrowland

Bolt

image.jpeg
image.png

Disneyland has GR walk up areas all through their parks.

COProgressFan

I hope this is more than temporary. Guest Services is one area that really needs help. The line out of City Hall is at times longer than for some attractions. One location for thousands of interactions a day has always seemed ridiculous to me.

I think there's definitely a need for more Guest Services locations. You have an increasing number of guests in the MK, the complexities and failures of the whole FP+ system which can take quite bit of time to straighten out, broken or lost MagicBands, dining reservation issues, not to mention the fact that one could argue there is just more to complain about today versus yesteryear (dirtier park, surlier CM's etc.). I also think there is a mentality today (right or wrong) in which people demand and expect everything to be perfect, and every small issue becomes a major complaint because "gosh darnit we paid $124 to get in and got stuck on Pooh and missed the parade". In the past, Disney treated guests well and guests (generally) returned the favor, because the cost/value was more aligned and the stakes were lower.

Hope they keep this location open.

21stamps

I think there's definitely a need for more Guest Services locations. You have an increasing number of guests in the MK, the complexities and failures of the whole FP+ system which can take quite bit of time to straighten out, broken or lost MagicBands, dining reservation issues, not to mention the fact that one could argue there is just more to complain about today versus yesteryear (dirtier park, surlier CM's etc.). I also think there is a mentality today (right or wrong) in which people demand and expect everything to be perfect, and every small issue becomes a major complaint because "gosh darnit we paid $124 to get in and got stuck on Pooh and missed the parade". In the past, Disney treated guests well and guests (generally) returned the favor, because the cost/value was more aligned and the stakes were lower.

Hope they keep this location open.
This baffles me whenever I read something like it. Referring to your "pooh" scenario. That situation would suck, but things like that happen. Unfortunate, but that's life. I would never in a million years seek someone out to complain about it. You can't rewind time..all the complainer is doing is asking for a handout.

JohnD

Why wouldn't they have them already in other areas of the park, especially the back half? For example:
  • MK: Space Mountain exit (as stated) or near Splash Mountain
  • Epcot: Near American Adventure
  • AK: Harambe or Asia
  • HS: Muppets Courtyard

COProgressFan

This baffles me whenever I read something like it. Referring to your "pooh" scenario. That situation would suck, but things like that happen. Unfortunate, but that's life. I would never in a million years seek someone out to complain about it. You can't rewind time..all the complainer is doing is asking for a handout.

I don't disagree. On one hand, there are plenty of guests looking for handouts. I've seen it first hand: "I demand all my money back because of x, y, and z", even though they they stayed at the park til close. The Pooh situation I mentioned is sort of an exaggeration, but imagine if you were stuck on multiple rides in one day (which has happened to me a few times), missed FP+ appointments, or dining because of it. Wouldn't you have a right to complain? I'm not saying you should get a refund, but again, there are lots of people looking to game the system. And one reason they're looking to game the system is because it often feels like the "system" (Disney) is trying to game us. I'm certainly more likely to complain about something at MK if I feel like I paid too much and got a subpar experience. If I had a bad meal at Chilis for $12 I would probably just "eat" the cost (ha ha) and move on but if I had a bad meal at Cinderella's Royal table for $60, I know I'd feel ripped off.

TP2000

Yes, but those are primarily for DAS.

The signs say "Guest Information" and anyone can walk up and use their services.

I've never used DAS but have stopped by these Guest Relations kiosks in Disneyland and DCA multiple times to get a map and times guide, make a dinner reservation at Blue Bayou, get a birthday button for a nephew, etc. There's about a dozen of these kiosks around both Disneyland and DCA, the Guest Relations hostesses have a computer and printer at their disposal and they can do just about anything.
MK4_2549.jpg

Maybe this Tomorrowland test is an outgrowth of all those WDW Vice Presidents who came to visit Disneyland this summer? The climate in WDW doesn't lend itself to outdoor kiosks like in Anaheim, so they are trying it in an air conditioned building?

Last edited:

Bocabear

After this test, please remove this building and restore the original view of Space Mountain. Disney has a lot of experience taking things out, so it shouldn't be too difficult.
It would be lovely to see them completely restyle the building to look more like something John Hench would have designed to match the Space Mountain structure and tie in with the original Tomorrowland... I am not sure I ever understood the 19th century/art deco power plant idea for an exit building...even with the other changes in the park...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom