Guardians of the Galaxy - Monsters After Dark coming this Halloween

TROR

I could see Disney selling Marvel after the fourth Avengers film comes out. After that, the interest in the property will only go downward. You cannot build up something for seven years and then keep the hype after we've already got payoff.

Hatbox Ghostbuster

Disney would probably only consider selling Marvel after all the current main actor contracts expire with no chance of re-upping. Current Marvel makes Bob (er, Disney) too much money to let go of now. Let's see how things shake out in 2019.

I personally find that hold-ups with DCA and MarvelLand are probably 85% Eastern Gateway and 15% managerial incompetence.

I also forget if the Universal contract affects DCA's usage...but they mentioned Spiderman AND the Avengers attractions, so my gut says no.

mickEblu

You mean explosive B.S. I don't understand why that guy has god like status.

Well he isn't human. Lol. I don't consider him a God. I think he's a human that has access to valuable info that most of us on these boards desire. And he usually calls it right. Just think back to when he broke the TOT news.

Last edited:

mickEblu

Oh brother. If there was speculation they were selling the Muppets it might be believable, but Marvel? That's just hilarious. Not to mention the new streaming service Disney is about to launch that will likely depend heavily on studio content from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, and LucasFilm. Remember that wild rumor several years ago that Disney was planning to sell ABC? Then there was that crazy story buzzing on financial news sites earlier this year that Disney was quietly planning to buy Twitter. lol

I would take anything business related speculation about Disney on a fansite forum, especially a possible sale of Marvel, with an enormous grain of salt.

For sure. I just wanted to start some conversation and find it kind of fascinating to think there is even a remote possibility of that happening.

I think when you look at Marvel studios and films (which is what really makes the money and is what they care about) it makes much less sense that they would sell than when you look at Marvel and how it's used in the parks. We tend to view things on these boards they the theme park lens and when you do that you can find numerous reasons why they may consider selling including but not limited to the mess with Universal. (@britain wrote up some pretty good theories on page 46 of the Spirit thread). With that said it still is interesting to note that Marvel was purchased before Lucasfilm was even on the radar. Would they have still purchased Marvel if it was the other way around? Would Disney scoff at making 5 billion plus on their acquisition in less than 9 years?

George Lucas on a Bench

The only effect Universal's Marvel attractions have on Disney's is reminding everyone that's been on Spider-Man how vastly superior that ride is to anything Disney has done with Marvel.

Phroobar

Well he isn't human. Lol. I don't consider him a God. I think he's a human that has access to valuable info that most of us on these boards desire. And he usually calls it right. Just think back to when he broke the TOT news.
The one time he showed up over here, I felt he was extremely crude. He came off as "worship me or your an idiot". He seemed to be pretty insulting. I see him about as creditable as anyone else that might know someone in the company. I know plans change and I don't take rumors from anyone at face value but they are fun to think about.

Travel Junkie

The one time he showed up over here, I felt he was extremely crude. He came off as "worship me or your an idiot". He seemed to be pretty insulting. I see him about as creditable as anyone else that might know someone in the company. I know plans change and I don't take rumors from anyone at face value but they are fun to think about.

I find his information to be pretty dead on. His style of delivery doesn't sit well with me much of the time. I imagine it's more a style to get attention than actually how he feels.

GiveMeTheMusic

@GiveMeTheMusic Can you confirm or deny a permanent TOT overlay to GOTG:MB?

respond-to-it.gif

giphy.gif

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom