Guardians of the Galaxy - Monsters After Dark coming this Halloween

Curious Constance

Maybe Disney wants to appeal to more than just little kids for Halloween. They used to have a fun mix for Halloween back in the 90's, but when it came back, it was really watered down to be enjoyable only for little ones. Many of us would love to see Halloween events with Disney's level of detail and design. I hope that moving Halloween parties to DCA will finally bring Disney into the fold for fun Halloween events. I would love to see some mazes like they do overseas.

I never heard of the Universal controversy aside from a poster on here claiming "pi$$ed off" was swearing. Really pretty mild, considering Universal often plays irreverent. Far weirder to have Rocket saying "crap" in a Disney park.

You just may be the most biased arguer I've ever seen type words on a screen.

Professortango1

You just may be the most biased arguer I've ever seen type words on a screen.

How so? Disney appears to be going after a more rounded out demographic. Disney also used to have less G-rated Halloween events. I didn't hear about the Universal issues other than one post on here. Rocket says "Crap." These are all facts.

Practical Pig

What the bloody hell?n That was one of the worst spectacles I've ever seen from a theme park. It's hard to believe that Knott's is willing to be that unfunny and tone deaf.

Based on the 50% I managed to get through, it has all the sophistication of every high-school senior class night show I ever saw, but without the raunchy-content filters that grown-up supervision would have provided, and also on steroids. It's playing to a local teen-ish audience, though, isn't it? I really don't know, but I thought Knott's off-season crowd was mostly young locals. If so, it's still not pretty.

Curious Constance

What the bloody hell?n That was one of the worst spectacles I've ever seen from a theme park. It's hard to believe that Knott's is willing to be that unfunny and tone deaf.
Ummmmmm that was the worst thing I've ever seen. @TP2000 please don't watch it, your fanciness can't take it.

I'm not opposed to adult humor, but there was nothing remotely funny about any of that.

Everyone catch the TOT jab? :rolleyes:

Suspirian

The haunt community somehow gets a kick out of these types of shows including Bill and Ted over at HHN. They're all pretty awful imo and i don't know how parody shows became associated with almost every theme park haunt

TP2000

Original Poster
Ummmmmm that was the worst thing I've ever seen. @TP2000 please don't watch it, your fanciness can't take it.

I'm not opposed to adult humor, but there was nothing remotely funny about any of that.

Everyone catch the TOT jab? :rolleyes:

I actually hit Play and watched about 40 seconds. I wish I hadn't. Although I appreciate a random Reno 911 reference, the rest was a horrible mess. People pay money to watch this? Knott's management thinks this is okay? Yikes.

And what's with all the shirtless-but-not-straight men on stage? Was there a two drink minimum to get in?

I'm going to think twice about getting that jar of Knott's Boysenberry Preserves the next time I'm at the Fresh Fare.

VJ

At least the Hong Kong Disneyland Halloween attraction "Maze Of Nightmares" does a unique twist on Disney characters and actually makes things scary while avoiding the Universal approach with the lack of gore.

Everything you post is like a Family Guy cutaway gag (in a good way).

c-one

I was disappointed that we're supposed to believe there are all these monsters running amok but on the ride, we just see the same one repeatedly, doing the same thing three times. Also I still have a lot of questions over how physical space works in the Collector's Fortress. Rather Tardis-like.

TP2000

Original Poster
I was disappointed that we're supposed to believe there are all these monsters running amok but on the ride, we just see the same one repeatedly, doing the same thing three times. Also I still have a lot of questions over how physical space works in the Collector's Fortress. Rather Tardis-like.

If you are concerned about how the Fortress is laid out and where the "gantry lift" vehicle takes you on Guardians of the Galaxy, do NOT, I repeat, do NOT even try to understand how the house is laid out and where you go when riding Walt Disney's Haunted Mansion.

Phroobar

I was at Knott's scary farm last night. The Hanging show is a very long running and offensive show. It parody's today's celebrity culture and lots of digs at the "theme park down the road with the rat infestation problem." I did enjoy the Beauty and the Beast parody where Trump dances with Putin in a dress while Hillary Clinton sings Tale As Old As Time. It's not a show for those easily offended. Lots of crude humor but still extremely popular.

Elvira's show was very good this year. Its a lot less offensive but still adult oriented.

TROR

The interior vs exterior is a problem I had even with Tower of Terror. I mean, just imagine the wings that were blown up in the lightning strike. Those aren't big enough to house hotel rooms.

D

Deleted member 107043

The Hanging show is a very long running and offensive show. It parody's today's celebrity culture and lots of digs at the "theme park down the road with the rat infestation problem." I did enjoy the Beauty and the Beast parody where Trump dances with Putin in a dress while Hillary Clinton sings Tale As Old As Time. It's not a show for those easily offended. Lots of crude humor but still extremely popular.

Why is this type of show playing at a theme park with a long standing reputation for family friendly entertainment? Why would they do this to their brand? Makes zero sense to me.

Elvira's show was very good this year. Its a lot less offensive but still adult oriented.

No kidding.

(NSFW) http://www.themeparkinsider.com/art/2017/elvira.jpg

What are they thinking?? I'll stop now. Sorry, I'm just so perplexed by this.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom