Guardians of the Galaxy - Monsters After Dark coming this Halloween

D

Deleted member 107043

EjyxD.gif

Is that @mickEblu?

mickEblu

This a snippet of the Guardians Halloween lighting from the Magical Journeys vlog (this couple mostly focuses on food. I like them a lot and the guy has a umm....very pleasing voice).

I think the new lighting effects look great and should have looked like this from the day the attraction opened.

This lighting package is legit! If only DCAs operating hours were from 9pm to 9am and not the other way around.

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
Remember when Halloween was Orange and Black, Plastic Masks, Pumpkin Pails and Carved Jack-o-lanterns? Pepperidge Farm Remembers. Looking at the exterior lighting and the sneak peek production art and I'm still waiting to see the Halloween part of this seasonal GOTG overlay.

Emmanuel

Monsters After Dark fastpasses begin distribution at 3pm. Mission Breakout will close at 5pm and reopen for Monsters After Dark at 6pm

Attachments

• IMG_4385.JPG
    IMG_4385.JPG
    148.2 KB · Views: 44
D

Deleted member 107043

Remember when Halloween was Orange and Black, Plastic Masks, Pumpkin Pails and Carved Jack-o-lanterns? Pepperidge Farm Remembers. Looking at the exterior lighting and the sneak peek production art and I'm still waiting to see the Halloween part of this seasonal GOTG overlay.

Exactly what I was thinking. The lighting is what's been missing from the attraction, but I'm not seeing Halloween.

Emmanuel

Guardians Fastpass Machines broke so they scanned everyone's tickets with a portable scanner and told everyone in line to return when the open Monsters After Dark

TP2000

Original Poster

I remember that. I also remember when it was only celebrated one night a year, with about a week's lead time to carve a pumpkin on the kitchen table. And it was all aimed at darling children who would go trick-or-treating for a few hours on that one night, plus a few college keg parties if it fell close enough to a weekend that year.

Now it lasts for two months. And when you go to Disneyland on a Friday night in September you are subjected to Annual Passholders desperate for attention who spend a small fortune and days of prep time to dress up as Morbidly Obese Princess Leia, near as I can tell.

TP2000

Original Poster
Guardians Fastpass Machines broke so they scanned everyone's tickets with a portable scanner and told everyone in line to return when the open Monsters After Dark

Sounds like another smooth opening day for Disneyland management who love to make getting in line for a ride as complicated as possible. :cool:

mickEblu

Well then that would be just like Disneyland's version of Halloween and not like the edgier park they want DCA to be. Besides Halloween has evolved way past the jack o lanterns etc. It will be interesting to see how they handle Halloween at DCA when/ if they remove Halloween from DL.

Speaking of Orange and Black, I think it's one of my least favorite color combinations, right after Orange and Brown. (I'm looking at you Thanksgiving)

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
IMO; If they're going for edgy they then need to drop the Halloween-shtick altogether and focus on just the scary. That's a tall order for Disney and nearly impossible given what DCA currently offers in rides and IPs. This tonal shift in theme reminds me of a long-standing feud that created strife and infighting among imagineers back in the day on the Haunted Mansion. I sense this same problem emerging but in a larger scale on DCA's Halloween offerings.

With the GOTG ride overlay; it's not really in-sync with the rest of the park's decor and more precisely it's tone, even if it's attempt is to be Disney's edgy park. I'll give Imagineering praise for coming up with a "quick-change" seasonal option but trying to pass this off as a Halloween overlay doesn't really work if it doesn't acknowledge or somewhat celebrate Halloween. That said (and to keep the pessimism at bay) I do look forward to seeing how they handle this overlay and I hope it's met with praise.

Last edited:

HonorableMention

Here's the preshow for the overlay:

That doesn't sound like Cooper as Rocket, and to be honest this pre-show seems really weak. I guess it is kind of strange having a sequel to an attraction, so I guess you're expected to have ridden the original beforehand. :confused:

mickEblu

With the GOTG ride overlay; it's not really in-sync with the rest of the park's decor and more precisely it's tone, even if it's attempt is to be Disney's edgy park. I'll give Imagineering praise for coming up with a "quick-change" seasonal option but trying to pass this off as a Halloween overlay doesn't really work if it doesn't acknowledge or somewhat celebrate Halloween. That said (and to keep the pessimism at bay) I do look forward to seeing how they handle this overlay and I hope it's met with praise.

Well ya but much better than what that monstrosity looks like in the day. I honestly like what I'm seeing with this DCA overlay. The oogie boogie and GOTG lighting package look great. The Cars Land decorations are very clever.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom