Guardians of the Galaxy - Mission: BREAKOUT! Reviews, Photos, Info

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
The ride's name is being used for a commercial for DisneyXD's Guardians of the Galaxy show season premiere this Sunday.

Synergy!!

I'm afraid I agree with this completely, at least in the stateside parks, no matter how much I'd like to see unique new park experiences. Barring a complete sea-change in corporate, synergy is the name of the game. But synergy has, to a strong degree, always played a significant role in the original park and beyond. They just had fewer IPs adaptable to the park experience back then. I expect most people will have seen these early days diagrams, but I'll post them here anyway.

From 1957:
View attachment 196512
And from 1967:
View attachment 196513

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Probably to try and boost attendance.

For the ride? It don't need no boosting...

1520455262686.png

Hatbox Ghostbuster

Except if it was considered a failure they wouldn't be spending loads of money on a new season that expands the story line.
Well, I will respectfully disagree with that.

Disney is recognizing that they're stuck with MB due to the forthcoming Marvel Land and will do whatever they can to keep MB in the spotlight until they can put their efforts into another Marvel franchise.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Well, I will respectfully disagree with that.

Disney is recognizing that they're stuck with MB due to the forthcoming Marvel Land and will do whatever they can to keep MB in the spotlight until they can put their efforts into another Marvel franchise.

Except Disney is WELL known for letting things languish if they feel its a failure. So to keep building on the same story indicates they feel its a success. If it wasn't deemed a success they would have planned a different story line for the animated series.

dweezil78

Back in the day, there were many days where you would find ToT with that wonderful' 13 Minute' wait sign out front (i.e. pretty much a walk-on). I have not seen that once since MB came in. While max wait times may have died down and are on a level comparable to what you'd see on a busy day at ToT, I don't think the minimum waits are ever coming anywhere close to what was formerly seen there.

Hatbox Ghostbuster

Except Disney is WELL known for letting things languish if they feel its a failure. So to keep building on the same story indicates they feel its a success. If it wasn't deemed a success they would have planned a different story line for the animated series.
Maybe they're building on the same story because they have to. I think most of this decision making happens before they know the outcome of the attractions success/failure. Especially in animation. These shows would have had to be greenlit years ago.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Maybe they're building on the same story because they have to. I think most of this decision making happens before they know the outcome of the attractions success/failure. Especially in animation. These shows would have had to be greenlit years ago.

It got green lit last summer. This was the same time the some claimed management saw it as a failure. If it was seen as a failure the animated series story update to include Mission Breakout wouldn't have been green lit.

dweezil78

Haha I really don't think Disney sees them as being 'stuck' with MB and I definitely do not think anyone is making high level decisions about the GotG franchise to keep interest in one theme park attraction.

Hatbox Ghostbuster

It got green lit last summer. This was the same time the some claimed management it as a failure. If it was seen as a failure the animated series story update to include Mission Breakout wouldn't have been green lit.
For all we know, they were probably under mandate to keep the Marvel alive in DCA and on TV. Disney will never come right out and admit things are "failures". But Summer of Heroes was a total bust.

Hatbox Ghostbuster

Haha I really don't think Disney sees them as being 'stuck' with MB and I definitely do not think anyone is making high level decisions about the GotG franchise to keep interest in one theme park attraction.
They're "stuck" in the sense that even if MB was a total dud, they couldn't just say "oops" and turn it back into TOT. It has to uphold the Marvel name until the rest of the land gets created.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
For all we know, they were probably under mandate to keep the Marvel alive in DCA and on TV. Disney will never come right out and admit things are "failures". But Summer of Heroes was a total bust.

I will admit that Summer of Heroes was a bust. But I don't feel they believe the attraction itself is a failure.

Hatbox Ghostbuster

So then you admit this idea of it being a failure is all from the fandom that hated the idea in the first place. Management doesn't feel its a failure.
I agree its largely a fan-based idea. Obviously, we don't know what thoughts are behind closed doors. But I still think they're determined to milk it for everything its worth in an effort to justify its existence.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom