Guardians of the Galaxy - Mission: BREAKOUT! Reviews, Photos, Info

SSG

In some other Marvel bits, that Spirit dude (is he a dude? idk) on the WDW side says he will write something up about why the DCA Marvel announcement was pulled for D23.

In something called the Season Pass Podcast (any idea? no, me neither), they say Bug's Land is staying and all of Hollywoodland will become Marvel.

Hatbox Ghostbuster

We know that but it doesn't sound like Disney did. Lateral move long run though. It should be draw for new guests as it's only 2 months old. That's the problem. Also, if just a lateral move why spend the money and overlay an attraction that doesn't need help? They should have left TOT alone and used Bugs land / bus area / expansion pad behind TOT for Marvel Land and introduce Marvel in a grand way with 2 purpose built Es.
psssssst..........corporates not that smart...

Hatbox Ghostbuster

In some other Marvel bits, that Spirit dude (is he a dude? idk) on the WDW side says he will write something up about why the DCA Marvel announcement was pulled for D23.

In something called the Season Pass Podcast (any idea? no, me neither), they say Bug's Land is staying and all of Hollywoodland will become Marvel.
Read that and looking forward to some explanations. They way they announced it was super uncertain and almost hopeful that they were giving correct information.

mickEblu

Terrible news :(

mickEblu

Well this doesn't make sense. Isn't season pass podcast also a micechat thing? There's a DCA Update on micechat today saying to say "farewell to the Bugs." Im guessing that's what Spirit is going to say. That plans for Marvel have moved to Bugs land because of the eastern gateway project issue and that's why it wasn't announced.

Last edited:

Curious Constance

I don't think Disney does enough to pull in out of towners. They cater to the locals, locals flood the parks, and they make it miserable for people making that once in a year, few years, lifetime trip.

There is absolutely nothing to help the people paying thousand of dollars for a few days at the resort. No pre-planning benefits, basically no discounts, nothing.

I think Disney has themselves stuck in a corner. They've over saturated APs. The APs made for a bad experience for the much higher paying guests who have taken their money elsewhere. Now how do you convince them to come back?

George Lucas on a Bench

Yeah but you can say that about any ride. Most people go to the parks for the collective experience not for any specific ride unless your @Kira Nerys.

That's a slightly different situation. The Haunted Mansion is one of Disney's greatest creations. It has a skull blasting out of a coffin and a spirit that's a sheet being blown by a fan. It's so charming. It can stand on its own. It's pretty awful to go through GotG searching high and low for anything charming and coming up with nothing.

Curious Constance

That's a slightly different situation. The Haunted Mansion is one of Disney's greatest creations. It has a skull blasting out of a coffin and a spirit that's a sheet being blown by a fan. It's so charming. It can stand on its own. It's pretty awful to go through GotG searching high and low for anything charming and coming up with nothing.
You said one of the light fixtures was charming in your vlog!

mickEblu

I don't think Disney does enough to pull in out of towners. They cater to the locals, locals flood the parks, and they make it miserable for people making that once in a year, few years, lifetime trip.

There is absolutely nothing to help the people paying thousand of dollars for a few days at the resort. No pre-planning benefits, basically no discounts, nothing.

I think Disney has themselves stuck in a corner. They've over saturated APs. The APs made for a bad experience for the much higher paying guests who have taken their money elsewhere. Now how do you convince them to come back?

You overlay TOT duh? Nevermind...

George Lucas on a Bench

I have very nearly asked the maintenance people so I could offer them a sum of money to fix that effect by shining a light on the fruit. It was so charming, I don't understand why they would suddenly activate it after decades and then allow it to fall into disrepair.

mickEblu

I have very nearly asked the maintenance people so I could offer them a sum of money to fix that effect by shining a light on the fruit. It was so charming, I don't understand why they would suddenly activate it after decades and then allow it to fall into disrepair.

It sounds like it was devastatingly charming.

choco choco

Yeah but you can say that about any ride. Most people go to the parks for the collective experience not for any specific ride unless your @Kira Nerys.

This is what drives me crazy about the franchise exploitation. Disney literally has decades worth of data that the attraction concept is what draws people to ride something and not the property, and yet they are always bassackward with their blue sky process: starting with the property first, working backwards to shove as many familiar references into the thing as possible, and leaving the actual conceptual hook (the entire reason for wanting to ride a ride) as an afterthought.

And, predictably, the result is something crass and soulless.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom