Guardians of the Galaxy - Mission: BREAKOUT! Reviews, Photos, Info

JoFu

Summer of Heroes is embarrassing anyway. They advertised it with Captain America in Paradise Pier. What? All it is is Hans Zimmer (or whoever) music playing in the Hollywood Pictures Backlot and bizarre live entertainment with an urban assault vehicle and meet and greets. If this stuff is really pleasing the Marvel funny book fans then I'm glad I'm not a fan.
I agree, I think Marvel could pull in crowds if implemented properly and advertised well. As it stands neither the Summer of Heroes nor MB have been advertised very well here in Phoenix and Phoenix usually gets a lot of Disneyland advertising.

SSG

This shows that GOTG isnt really bringing in many new guests. It's just the APs riding it over and over because it's new. Predictable.
Looking at this another way, I don't think a lot of people were swarming into DCA to ride TOT either. While Disney probably hoped MB would bring in more crowds, that was wishful thinking until there is a more substantial Marvel presence in the park.

Hatbox Ghostbuster

Looking at this another way, I don't think a lot of people were swarming into DCA to ride TOT either. While Disney probably hoped MB would bring in more crowds, that was wishful thinking until there is a more substantial Marvel presence in the park.
Or...if they had actually purpose-built a brand new E-ticket attraction instead of just re-skinning something people weren't exactly falling over themselves to ride.

mickEblu

Yeah but you can say that about any ride. Most people go to the parks for the collective experience not for any specific ride unless your @Kira Nerys.

mickEblu

Mission Breakout was a rework of ToT that kept the previous ride system intact. To state the obvious I have no idea what their expectations were, but it's hard to imagine that part of their strategy was for a GoTG overlay of ToT to draw huge numbers of new Disney customers.

You would think so. But It sounds like they expected a lot more. For me it never really made sense. Put Marvel Land somewhere else and open it up with a Big Bang including 2 purpose built E ticket attractions and really wow people. Not sure introducing Marvel to the parks with an overlay and the cheap Summer of Heroes was the right move.

SSG

Yeah but you can say that about any ride. Most people go to the parks for the collective experience not for any specific ride unless your @Kira Nerys.
Sure, that's why a re-skin of TOT was always going to be a lateral move in the short term. If Disney puts in an innovative, exciting, deep Marvel Land with lots of details and experiences, and integrates MB into that, well, then Disney might just have a draw on their hands.

mickEblu

Sure, that's why a re-skin of TOT was always going to be a lateral move in the short term. If Disney puts in an innovative, exciting, deep Marvel Land with lots of details and experiences, and integrates MB into that, well, then Disney might just have a draw on their hands.

We know that but it doesn't sound like Disney did. Lateral move long run though. It should still be draw for new guests as it's only 2 months old. That's the problem. Also, if just a lateral move why spend the money and overlay an attraction that doesn't need help? They should have left TOT alone and used Bugs land / bus area / expansion pad behind TOT for Marvel Land and introduce Marvel in a grand way with 2 purpose built Es.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom