Guardians of the Galaxy Mission Breakout announced for Disney California Adventure

Next Big Thing

Well a more appropriate ride for Hollywoodland would be a version of The Great Movie Ride or a ride focusing on Mickey's Shorts like Steamboat Willie
I don't disagree.

I'm fine with a Marvel area, but if the rest of the land is going over by Mosters Inc, then I don't see how this makes sense. Unless plans have changed.

Curious Constance

I don't know how I feel about the TOT overlay, but I'm glad it appears the Hollywood area will be leaving. I hope this also means that the horrible dance parties will be history too.

I'll miss Monsters Inc though. Maybe they can relocate it somewhere else.

flynnibus

Premium Member
What really is there that can be done? New AV stuff, that will be produced ahead of time, that's about it. I have very low expectations.

Ride vehicle interiors... Different elements at the stop levels... Different effects...
The possibility of in vehicle effects... Projection mapping... Inside and out...

With the change of theme there was always the possibility of physically changing the tower outside the shaft itself for different stops or what those stops have at them.

The idea of show stages before or after the drop if you added onto the building...

Removing or changing the pre show rooms

Basically the idea that you kept the tower shafts as the core ride system, but don't restrict yourself to how the previous show was executed. You could brain storm a lot of you don't constrain yourself to how tot ran. Obviously the drop towers have constraints that you'd avoid... But if you were given ambition and space... You could really change the total result.

But since Micechat had been reporting they had been testing inside the existing attraction during off hours, clearly those kinds of changes wouldn't include much in the terms of physical changes.

I'm not saying we should have been expecting that kind of stuff... Just saying there are bigger ideas even with the same starting point :)

Suspirian

As far as the whole name change ordeal, I still think that as long as each land relates to the CA theme and the attraction relates to that land then its not necessary which is why TLM and Soarin over the World kinda get a pass for me. This change however ( and a few other things in the park) dont really add up.

Would also like to mention that A Bugs Land will make even less sense considering its supposed to take place within the garden of the Hollywood Tower Hotel

NobodyElse

Would also like to mention that A Bugs Land will make even less sense considering its supposed to take place within the garden of the Hollywood Tower Hotel

While one could certainly look at it that way, I'm unaware of that being the official story (especially since A Bug's Land was built prior to TOT even being announced). But if there's a press release or something you can point me to, I'd be happy to read it.

Curious Constance

As far as the whole name change ordeal, I still think that as long as each land relates to the CA theme and the attraction relates to that land then its not necessary which is why TLM and Soarin over the World kinda get a pass for me. This change however ( and a few other things in the park) dont really add up.

I hope it goes with the Marvel expansion.

Minthorne

What really is there that can be done? New AV stuff, that will be produced ahead of time, that's about it. I have very low expectations.

I was thinking they could line the dropshafts with LCD screens and have video sequences that sync with the randomized movements of the drops. Add special effects to the ride vehicles to add "explosions" and "laser" fire.

But I'm thinking just strobe lights to go with the music.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom