Guardians of the Galaxy Mission Breakout announced for Disney California Adventure

mickEblu

The boiler room has always been the most boring, dreary, awful part of DL's ToT. The *one* thing giving me hope about this stupid overlay was the thought of having something more exciting to experience while waiting for the elevator. Soooooo glad to hear it's the one area not getting a major overhaul.

Here's the overhaul in the boiler room, brace yourself: they re scrapeing the word "service elevator" above the elevators, removing the desk with the props and changing the background music. Oh ya, instead of the cool creepy voice in the background giving us safety instructions we ll get to hear from Rocket.

Just my guess.

Suspirian

Here's the overhaul in the boiler room, brace yourself: they re scrapeing the word "service elevator" above the elevators, removing the desk with the props and changing the background music. Oh ya, instead of the cool creepy voice in the background giving us safety instructions we ll get to hear from Rocket.

Just my guess.

That room could very well remain creepy if they use the Collector's voice for safety instructions.

Suspirian

I doubt they ll use him considering the story line I've read. "As you try to assist the GOTG to escape from my clutches, please do so safely." Lol

Im a bit confused by the story of the attraction, I was under the impression that the elevator part was still part of you tour of the collector's facilities.

mickEblu

Im a bit confused by the story of the attraction, I was under the impression that the elevator part was still part of you tour of the collector's facilities.

Gotcha. No at that point you re getting ready to assist Rocket in helping the rest of the guardians escape. If I understand correctly.

SuddenStorm

I'm interested to see how well the story works with the drop ride. With the HTH, the idea of a drop elevator ride made sense. Like the story and ride were developed together. Now with the remodel, they had a checklist that they had to adapt to a new ride system. Had to be Marvel. Had to fit inside this building. Had to be a drop ride. Had to be able to have a somewhat attractive exterior. I'm sure whatever we get will be amazing, but I wonder how much better a GotG ride could be if they were just given a few acres of empty land and a healthy budget.

Rich T

That room could very well remain creepy if they use the Collector's voice for safety instructions.
The thing is, the boiler room was never creepy. It was boring. Boring, drab and a big zero. It was an industrial holding pen where people stared at their phones or chatted with their friends. And looked at their watches. A lot. Any suspense or involvement created by the library scene evaporated here as the whole experience came to a dull, dead halt for ten or fifteen minutes. It had all the magic of waiting for the elevator at the Paradise Pier Hotel.

So it blows my mind that the makeover crew looked at this attraction and said "Boiler Room--good enough. Leave it."

mickEblu

The thing is, the boiler room was never creepy. It was boring. Boring, drab and a big zero. It was an industrial holding pen where people stared at their phones or chatted with their friends. And looked at their watches. A lot. Any suspense or involvement created by the library scene evaporated here as the whole experience came to a dull, dead halt for ten or fifteen minutes. It had all the magic of waiting for the elevator at the Paradise Pier Hotel.

So it blows my mind that the makeover crew looked at this attraction and said "Boiler Room--good enough. Leave it."

I think it worked and I never had any problems with it but I agree it wasn't scary. The only thing I really liked about the boiler room was the voice giving the load/safety instructions.

I think they actually created the poweplant / Oil refinery theme around 2 things. Minimal work would be required for the facade and the boiler room would only need minor rehteming.

Earl Sweatpants

I think it worked and I never had any problems with it but I agree it wasn't scary. The only thing I really liked about the boiler room was the voice giving the load/safety instructions.

I think they actually created the poweplant / Oil refinery theme around 2 things. Minimal work would be required for the facade and the boiler room would only need minor rehteming.
The boiler room always bothered me because I felt (like others do) that it broke the Twilight Zone theme you just left, and even the Hollywood Hotel vibe, and just dumped you into a dimly lit, dingy holding room. Somehow it actually seems more befitting of the GOTG than TZ.

D

Deleted member 107043

I will miss the chalk drawing of the door on the wall on the second floor with the little girl saying "where are you mommy? I can't see you mommy." It's very Poltergeist and right out of the TZ show.

Yes! That was a cool feature and quite creepy the first time I experienced it. On the rare occasion I got to go up there it was almost impossible to hear because of all the chattering going on from guests. I'm hoping that some interactive features get added here. The space could really use something more engaging to do/look at.

SuddenStorm

I'm still having trouble figuring out how the boiler room will fit in with a GotG themed ride, which has a very unique art style that is very different than an old Hollywood hotel.

Earl Sweatpants

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom