Guardians of the Galaxy Mission Breakout announced for Disney California Adventure

Next Big Thing

Has anyone asked yet how GotG fits into a park themed on California?

Dear. Oh dear.
A park cannot solely exist with the focus being on 1 state and be successful. The only "ride/experience" that they've added since about 2007 that fit the theme is the Red Car Trolley. No other rides are actually California by nature.

Remember when the park was nothing but California? Yeah, me too. It sucked.

D

Deleted member 107043

So much chatter about how poor this decision is and yet we all know it'll end up being a big draw for DCA, especially if produced at a high standard. I agree with those who question the integrity of the location and context of the IP, but it appears that there's more news coming that will explain everything.

flynnibus

Premium Member
Who may have attended Marvel simply to find out if the rumors are true.

Less likely. Those sessions at CC take huge commitments to attend because of the crowds and compromises you make. And the marvel one would be one of the popular ones to start with because of the film previews.

It's just when in SoCal.... Everyone has a bit of dl in theme. I it's only a matter of how much :)

Next Big Thing

Remember when it became Disneyland 2.0?
Which is exactly why people said the park should change it's name about 5 years ago. There's honestly only a sliver of California left in the park, it's time for a new name.

Also, since it's become "Disneyland 2.0", the fanboys have begun to like the park more. Why is it that they are just now having an issue?

Jiggsawpuzzle35

The California theme is no more. It's only a matter of time before they some how incorporate part of Avatar Land into DCA. It's a shame that our beloved Mickey Mouse doesn't have a ride based on him. That's a ride that would make sense at California Adventure.

D

Deleted member 107043

What difference does it make what the park is called? Don't get me wrong I get why inconsistencies irk people, but let's not pretend that Disney hasn't played fast and loose with themes and storytelling at Disneyland since the beginning.

Curious Constance

What difference does it make what the park is called? Don't get me wrong I get why inconsistencies irk people, but let's not pretend that Disney hasn't played fast and loose with themes and storytelling at Disneyland since the beginning.

I don't get that either. Why would a new name for the exact same theme park make people feel better about what's there?

flynnibus

Premium Member
I don't get that either. Why would a new name for the exact same theme park make people feel better about what's there?

Us repeat customers aren't the only kinds of customers. Plus, we also are interested in the business/industry... so yes, 'making some sense' is a significant issue, even if it doesn't necessarily impact our direct consumption of the product.

You'd still tell someone they should change the label of an ice cream if it didn't taste anything like it's label inferred.. even if you liked the result.

Curious Constance

Us repeat customers aren't the only kinds of customers. Plus, we also are interested in the business/industry... so yes, 'making some sense' is a significant issue, even if it doesn't necessarily impact our direct consumption of the product.

You'd still tell someone they should change the label of an ice cream if it didn't taste anything like it's label inferred.. even if you liked the result.

I'm not saying a new name isn't needed or warranted, but what I don't understand is why it would make anyone happier with the ice cream after the name change.

flynnibus

Premium Member
I'm not saying a new name isn't needed or warranted, but what I don't understand is why it would make anyone happier with the ice cream after the name change.

Because we are fans of the company, product, and industry.. not just consumers. If we were just consumers.. we'd be hanging on a trip planning forum and only sharing our trip reports.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom