Guardians of the Galaxy Mission Breakout announced for Disney California Adventure

TROR

New Specimens Join the Collection at Guardians of the Galaxy – Mission: BREAKOUT! at Disney California Adventure Park

Looks like this attraction's numbers are dwindling so they need to add new things to bring people back in.

1516738725568.png

That said, these alien things are really cute and I would love them in Tomorrowland but since they're in the Hollywood Tower Hotel it doesn't really make a lot of sense.

dweezil78

Looks like this attraction's numbers are dwindling so they need to add new things to bring people back in.

Currently a 65 minute wait on one of the most off season, slower days you'll find all year. Space Mountain is 25 min as of right now. I don't think they are worried about attendance, and if they were, this little thing certainly wouldn't do jack to help it. Also, didn't they always say the plan was to add/change the exhibits in the collection? Nice to see that wasn't just a load of BS that was quickly forgotten about.

TROR

Currently a 65 minute wait on one of the most off season, slower days you'll find all year. Space Mountain is 25 min as of right now. I don't think they are worried about attendance, and if they were, this little thing certainly wouldn't do jack to help it. Also, didn't they always say the plan was to add/change the exhibits in the collection? Nice to see that wasn't just a load of BS that was quickly forgotten about.
Let me spin my narrative

Disney Analyst

Kram Sacul

In the Parks
Yes
New Specimens Join the Collection at Guardians of the Galaxy – Mission: BREAKOUT! at Disney California Adventure Park

View attachment 258720

That said, these alien things are really cute and I would love them in Tomorrowland but since they're in the Hollywood Tower Hotel it doesn't really make a lot of sense.

Mission: Planet Hollywood. They should've added a restaurant in there.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Opinions on Mission breakout aside, is this like the only time Disney has ever followed through with semi-frequently updating a modular attraction?

ST2.0 has been alright, but that's been on the studio's dime.

While its all Disney, my bet is that its coming out of Marvel Studios budget not P&R.

I feel lmao. Wasn't switching out some creatures the plan from the beginning, though? I thought I remember reading that in one of the Disney Parks Blogs.

And yes it was stated at the very beginning that GotG:MB would be getting updated often to include new items from the entire Marvel universe.

TROR

They have so much more movement then I expected, and so adorable... I want one!

Maybe I'm just a cynic, but does anyone else think WDI originally wanted the queue to be full of animatronics but management said no due to costs so they just filled it with boring static props and convinced management to allow them to add animatronics over time? That said, if they do end up filling the queue with animatronics like these I'll only be forever sad that this queue isn't in Tomorrowland. Seriously, just look at how adorable they are. They remind me of Skippy from Alien Encounter. They'd be so perfect in a Tomorrowland 2055 setting that's full of robots and aliens.

DaftPunk06

Maybe I'm just a cynic, but does anyone else think WDI originally wanted the queue to be full of animatronics but management said no due to costs so they just filled it with boring static props and convinced management to allow them to add animatronics over time? That said, if they do end up filling the queue with animatronics like these I'll only be forever sad that this queue isn't in Tomorrowland. Seriously, just look at how adorable they are. They remind me of Skippy from Alien Encounter. They'd be so perfect in a Tomorrowland 2055 setting that's full of robots and aliens.
I can definitely see that being the case, I've yet to visit this attraction yet, but are these the first AA figures in the queue other than Rocket?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom