1. The new WDWMAGIC app for iPhone and iPad is now available on the App Store.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.
    Dismiss Notice

Guardians of the Galaxy Mission Breakout announced for Disney California Adventure

Discussion in 'Disneyland Resort' started by wdwmagic, Jul 23, 2016.

1. HatboxGhostbuster

HatboxGhostbuster Active Member

....I'm not sure what point you were trying to make. hah. The recent changes have largely all been franchise/IP inclusion mandates from on high while most of "us" would have rather seen other stuff done...hence they don't listen to our opinions or care about them...which doesn't do anything but prove my first point that they don't care about our opinions...but they should.....

Carry on.

2. LuvtheGoof

LuvtheGoof Proud DVC Member Premium Member

Because I like too? And no, what y'all do doesn't bother me in the slightest, but apparently what I do, does bother some of y'all.

TheOrangeBird01 likes this.
  3. LuvtheGoof

So you honestly believe that if they listened to y'all, that all the attractions they build would be that much better?

Dr. Hans Reinhardt likes this.
  4. Evan-500

Evan-500 Well-Known Member

Well I mean, why should they? In the end they are a corporate entity who has one goal... so far they've been meeting or exceeding that goal. Clearly the forumula is working, for now.

Maybe once they start making less money, not breaking attendance records, maybe then they'll worry and ask us Disney purists how and when they went wrong, but until then I'd expect more IP's, as the merchandise sells and the crowds surge.

5. phruby

phruby Well-Known Member

If they listened to us, the attractions would be extremely outdated and incredibly bazaar to a point where no one would ever go there and it would be sold to Six Flags.

DisneyIrishGuy and LuvtheGoof like this.
  6. HatboxGhostbuster

Certainly not. Because even amongst "us" you would get differing opinions. But some probably would, yes!

What we're annoyed with is the idea that they seem to have truly lost sight of what even they are capable of when they push themselves outside the IP box and are instead just jumping on board with whatever the hot thing is right now and looking for ways to make a quick profit with it rather than returning to their roots. POTC and HM are both classic iconic attractions that have stood the test of time. Do you think the Guardians Tower is going to have that kind of longevity? Neither do we. But Disney doesn't appear to be hearing the voice of dissent because they're too busy swishing dollars in their ears.

7. Evan-500

Evan-500 Well-Known Member

I will say, I honestly do not care where the story comes from. IP, new and original, whatever. Build me immersive, innovative attractions that fit the theme and I'm happy. Obviously GOTG has major issues thematically, where a lot of the issues stem from, add in replacing a beloved attraction and you have a Disney fan dumpster fire.

8. phruby

phruby Well-Known Member

What's the big deal? Once the ride is outdated they will retheme it or tear it down just like every other ride. Disney has gotten rid of unpopular stuff in the past. Just like society, they are not looking long term and probably never will.

9. HatboxGhostbuster

For now....that's the key. The pendulum is swinging too far to one side and will (I hope) eventually balance itself out.

10. HatboxGhostbuster

Which is just a shame since ToT WASN'T outdated...

If Disney had purpose built a brand new GotG attraction, then you'd probably hear a lot less negativity.

11. phruby

phruby Well-Known Member

Ask any teenager who Rod Serling is and they will have no clue.

12. LuvtheGoof

Now that I cannot disagree with. We all know that WDI has ideas for attractions that aren't based on anything other than their imagination, and I completely agree that these should be built as well.

Longevity for the new tower is obviously a complete unknown, but the fact that it has garnered over $650,000,000 in just a few weeks says that it is extremely popular at the moment. And those kids that go to see it will flock to the new tower for years to come. Remember that this change only took several months to complete. In 5 or 10 years, if attendance is down, it really wouldn't take that much to retheme it to the next big thing, and that I do not have a big problem with. Keeps it fresh, instead of stale.

13. HatboxGhostbuster

You're just salting the wound of my disappointment with the younger generation... :)

But can you see that Twilight Zone as a property transcends Rod Serling?? Most people would at least have heard of TZ.

Cesar R M, egg and Kram Sacul like this.
  14. HatboxGhostbuster

Sadly too in 5 to 10 years we'll have GOTG Vol 6 to keep fans interested...

I guess that's where we differ. For me, Disney shouldn't be focusing on the "next big thing" but on timeless, classic things. If I want the flavor of the month IP attraction I can drive up the freeway to Universal.

15. mandstaft

mandstaft Well-Known Member

Where on the net are folks finding these early reviews of GOTG:MB? I'd love to read them.

TP2000 likes this.
  16. LuvtheGoof

I think it needs to be a mixture of both, just like Walt did it.

17. HatboxGhostbuster

A mixture would be great...but there seems to be nothing but IP on the horizon.

18. LuvtheGoof

And you are right that the pendulum is swinging, and we all hope that it swings back the other way in the future.

19. HatboxGhostbuster

Quick Twitter search...

Screen Shot 2017-05-19 at 12.46.32 PM.png

brb1006 likes this.
  20. HatboxGhostbuster