Guardians of the Galaxy Mission Breakout announced for Disney California Adventure

GiveMeTheMusic

You can't be doing well when Cynthia Harris is being given as a standard to achieve.

What's amazing is that we're now far enough removed from Cynthia's reign for everyone to have forgotten the lessons learned. Cynthia did a lot wrong, but upcharge events wasn't one of them. Cynthia presided over the expansion of FP in the parks, which went so poorly it had to be pulled back. Current TDA drones either don't know about that or have forgotten, so they will learn the hard way that too many FP attractions will break DLR.

How many other industries make a habit of hiring executives who have zero experience in their line of business?

GiveMeTheMusic

What's amazing is that we're now far enough removed from Cynthia's reign for everyone to have forgotten the lessons learned. Cynthia did a lot wrong, but upcharge events wasn't one of them. Cynthia presided over the expansion of FP in the parks, which went so poorly it had to be pulled back. Current TDA drones either don't know about that or have forgotten, so they will learn the hard way that too many FP attractions will break DLR.

How many other industries make a habit of hiring executives who have zero experience in their line of business?

YUP. Whip up a Legend of Moana luau dinner show. Charge $69 a head. Can run every day. Done.

It's SO easy and yet...the Tomorrowland Skyline Lounge is now a thing that exists.

D

Deleted member 107043

I think part of the problem may be that there isn't someone within the responsible team who has the necessary skills for strong event excecution. It wouldn't hurt them to grab a few talented show producers from Fantasmic, Aladdin, WoC, parades, and streetmosphere teams to consult. I'm sure the GC and DLH catering teams have more skills producing memorable events than these amatures.

SMLR

IMG_8427.JPG
IMG_8428.PNG

Cesar R M

I guess you all never heard of ComicCon.

There's an audience for this. It's niche and they'll pay for the access and the atmosphere. Just like the Star Wars crowd. And the Potter crowd.

If Disney made an Antique Car Land, they could squeeze an upcharge night out of that group.
Technically, at comicon you get better opportunities to meet better things.
Like actually meeting Hugh Jackman in "disguise" as wolverine, or meeting Stan Lee.

Curious Constance

So to get real for a second here, it sounds like Disney is asking for $150 to ride GOTG about 12 hours before the rest of the god forsaken world. Plus they'll throw in a wiener and soda and a couple of junk items or "collectible souvenirs" like hats and pins that aren't selling. But that's "while supplies last" because I guess they aren't going to have enough for each person who buys a ticket?

GiveMeTheMusic

So to get real for a second here, it sounds like Disney is asking for $150 to ride GOTG about 12 hours before the rest of the god forsaken world. Plus they'll throw in a wiener and soda and a couple of junk items or "collectible souvenirs" like hats and pins that aren't selling. But that's "while supplies last" because I guess they aren't going to have enough for each person who buys a ticket?

It's a joke. That it doesn't include unlimited food and at least two alcoholic beverages is a joke.

I seriously hope people don't buy tickets. I want this crap to fail badly so that TDA starts doing stuff right.

TP2000

You can't be doing well when Cynthia Harris is being given as a standard to achieve.

That's exactly what I thought. But @GiveMeTheMusic has a point, and Cynthia deserves some credit here as this was one thing she seemed to have a knack and genuine talent for. I remember she even appeared at one merchandise event all dressed up in drag, er... elaborate costume as the Wicked Queen.

I've never seen Michael Colglazier in the park except for staged media events, but I can't imagine him dressing up as anything but what he is. (And I'll be nice and just stop talking now.)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom