Guardians of the Galaxy Mission Breakout announced for Disney California Adventure

mickEblu

Haven't seen the Tower in person, but from the photos... Holy Moses... I'm actually starting to miss Maliboomer and Orange Stinger. They looked like freaking masterpieces compared to this.

Heck, Goofy's Sky School looks better than this.

Although I'm not fond of the color scheme or it's oil refinery chic vibes, I actually don't mind it on its own. (Ok maybe that's too generous. More like I can live with it on its own). It's just how it blends in with the rest of the park that is particularly bothersome.

Except from Pacific Wharf.

Last edited:

SMLR

(from Twitter) Almost all of the scaffolding is down.
IMG_8154.JPG
IMG_8155.JPG
IMG_8156.JPG

D

Deleted member 107043

I really don't know how I feel to be honest it's odd. I can acknowledge its ugly but its not as ugly as I expected?

I get what you're saying. I'm having a similar reaction as well, but in a way I think that may be good thing considering what the ride's storyline is supposed to be. I'm a bit odd in that I love when Disney pushes limits and does the unexpected at its parks.

180º

I'm really curious to see what they've done to the ride vehicles. Minimum effort would be repainting the stamped letters to something GOTG specefic, but I wonder if they might have changed the lights, decorative trim, or even the seats.

Also, if not every ride profile opens the 9th, 10th, and 11th floor doors, then where will they take the photo?

Curious Constance

I have to say I like it. It has the comic-book vibe but feels like it could exist in our world. It this truly becomes the anchor to an expanded Marvel land (some unnamed metropolis area) it might just be ok. For awhile it will sit alone and that will definitely bug people.
That's the thing I think is easy to lose sight of during this transformation. This isn't supposed to be something you see on your way to the grocery store or to pick up the kids from daycare. This is from a superhero, comic world.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom