Guardians of the Galaxy Mission Breakout announced for Disney California Adventure

Practical Pig

They could also paint Space Mountain's interior and structure with it! Since the paint doesn't reflect any light, they could turn the stars up/introduce dangling LEDs into the space at the maximum brightness, and turn the lights on that are pointed at the asteroid atop the lift hill without having to worry about any light pollution ruining the ride. Nice find!

That. Would. Be. Awesome!

180º

That would actually be an incredible story-application of technology and make it one of the most haunting, iconic, photographed, visited buildings in the world. For guardians OR Twilight zone... it would play up the secrecy aspect of the fortress, and though it would make the hotel "go away," it would be incredibly creepy representation of the 5th dimension, bringing the entire hotel into the twilight zone, not just the elevator guests! Otherworldly for sure! They could also paint Space Mountain's interior and structure with it! Since the paint doesn't reflect any light, they could turn the stars up/introduce dangling LEDs into the space at the maximum brightness, and turn the lights on that are pointed at the asteroid atop the lift hill without having to worry about any light pollution ruining the ride. Nice find!
I so badly want them to turn on that asteroid! I do like the swirling and shooting stars, though, which would be hard to achieve without being projected onto a somewhat reflective surface.
IMG_1028.JPG

yookeroo

Odd that you would care enough to be a member of this forum, but not enough to want to learn anything or think critically about the subject. What is your threshold for being interested? Do you similarly watch post-game interviews with coaches and athletes and then change the channel as soon as an answer becomes too rich with detail? Why block yourself out of a discussion or learning opportunity? When you're at a party, and the conversation starts to go over your head, do you walk away, listen, take interest/ask questions, or do you attempt to insult everybody for talking about something you can't keep up with, thereby offending nobody but making yourself out to be a complete jack?

However, point taken. I'll remember moving forward, as a designer, not to engage the audience; that you just eat stuff up and can't decipher what meticulous strategies are deployed in the creation of experiences that give you pleasure. Designers and critics will stop sharing and preserving our body of knowledge with you, if you agree to stop sharing your opinions with us; when you understand that ultimately there are standards that must be maintained and details at depths you don't care to explore; when you let us do our work and protect the body of knowledge associated with the craft. What happens when you and others like you on a macro scale demonstrate to park operators that you will be just as happy if they invest minimal money and effort into the standards and quality of the attractions they pay the imagineers to build, is they start to listen. What you and they will involuntarily find out together, is that you don't like things as much when they let standards slip in every which direction.

It's like there is a restaurant you really love, but you don't know why. So you say you don't mind if they swap out the chef, start cooking with low-quality sourced and nitrate-soaked cuts of meat, pesticide soaked vegetables, swap out the music, change the wallpaper, transition from a service restaurant to a buffet. You walk in one evening and think "I don't know what's changed, but I don't really like this place anymore." Let the chefs cook.

I could write you a comprehensive list with every design technique involved in themed entertainment and how GOTG:MB! fails or succeeds on every individual technique. It would surely save you a ton of time in the long run because you wouldn't need to keep coming back here day in and day out to argue with other low-information, high-passion strangers, a process you seem to be gaining nothing from. But you aren't interested in that, and frankly neither am I, so after a week with WDWMagic, I'll go back to letting you all be.

"Interestingly, for all its success, the Disney theme show is quite a fragile thing. It just takes one contradiction, one out of place stimulus to negate a particular moment's experience." John Hench

TLDR

October82

"Interestingly, for all its success, the Disney theme show is quite a fragile thing. It just takes one contradiction, one out of place stimulus to negate a particular moment's experience." John Hench

Another nice post @nevol, I hope you continue to share your insights with all of us. They make this community better and this forum more interesting. There are always going to be people who don't want to honestly engage in conversation, especially with those they disagree with, but the rest of us will continue to benefit from your comments as long as you choose to share them.

NobodyElse

I actually had to Google this acronym. I read in complete sentences so I had no idea what that meant. Cant relate.

Respectfully (and a bit humorously) you might be headed down a potentially undesirable path. You appear to defensively chide the poster for not using complete sentences, followed closely with "Cant relate." While I often get confused on the pure definition, that seems ironic.

If I were in your shoes, I'd continue to post thoughtful posts - at whatever length you feel is necessary to convey your point. I'd ignore the posts that needlessly state that they didn't read your post.

Of course, nobody needs to take my advice, or even read this. Carry on. ;-)

Rich T

...They could also paint Space Mountain's interior and structure with it! Since the paint doesn't reflect any light, they could turn the stars up/introduce dangling LEDs into the space at the maximum brightness, and turn the lights on that are pointed at the asteroid atop the lift hill without having to worry about any light pollution ruining the ride.
I would not want the Tower or any large structure in DL Resort painted with that stuff (holy distraction!), but your suggestion for SM is the very best potential future upgrade for that coaster I've ever heard! Might make work lighting for maintenance a bit problematic...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom