Guardians of the Galaxy coming to Energy Pavilion at Epcot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bocabear

it all boils down to saving labor and costs...well in advance of anything happening...aside from demolishing Catastrophe Canyon, nothing much else has happened there a year later...but why rush when people are still willing to pay money to go there with reduced attractions... they are laughing at the sheeple all the way to the bank...

ULPO46

it all boils down to saving labor and costs...well in advance of anything happening...aside from demolishing Catastrophe Canyon, nothing much else has happened there a year later...but why rush when people are still willing to pay money to go there with reduced attractions... they are laughing at the sheeple all the way to the bank...
Sadly i have to agree with you. It makes me sick to my stomach to know nothing that my fellow employees and I get to make get started. After all Avatar Land was supposed to be open by now. I'm almost done with my Phd in Hospitality and Engineering, I remember when they announced that back when i was doing my apprenticeship in Orlando. Not it's been over 5 years.

Clamman73

One last ride...
IMG_1898.JPG

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
Sadly i have to agree with you. It makes me sick to my stomach to know nothing that my fellow employees and I get to make get started. After all Avatar Land was supposed to be open by now. I'm almost done with my Phd in Hospitality and Engineering, I remember when they announced that back when i was doing my apprenticeship in Orlando. Not it's been over 5 years.

2017 has been the opening year for quite some time.

ULPO46

2017 has been the opening year for quite some time.
I know that, but remember there once was a time when people waited something like 3 years to see any real progress, thats what i meant. As for the topic at hand it can be anywhere up to 1-2 years before any heavy construction work begins. I don't see anything at EPCOT happening in the near future, probably around 2019/20 at earliest. Top priority is to get DHS up to shape.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
I know that, but remember there once was a time when people waited something like 3 years to see any real progress, thats what i meant. As for the topic at hand it can be anywhere up to 1-2 years before any heavy construction work begins. I don't see anything at EPCOT happening in the near future, probably around 2019/20 at earliest. Top priority is to get DHS up to shape.

Yes. They announced Pandora well before they were even planning construction and before they even had finalized plans from what I remember. Someone can fact check me but I think a leak forced an early announcement.

ULPO46

Yes. They announced Pandora well before they were even planning construction and before they even had finalized plans from what I remember. Someone can fact check me but I think a leak forced an early announcement.
It was something like that, but honestly i still don't feel the hype for that. As for guardians of the galaxy, it's an all right franchise but honestly why ruin what can easily be updated as an amazing ride. Basically at the current administration all a GotG ride would be is a overhaul of the current UoE just as what happened next door in Norway/ Arendelle. I just don't understand some of the things around here or why i stay on. Ideas are great but budgets suck now a days.

montyz81

That is really really sad. I can't believe I will never get a chance to sit in those cars again. It amazes me that in this day and age where everyone is putting solar panels on roof tops, this ride that was so innovative for 1982 is going to get demolished in favor of a ride system that will likely uses more dino juice then UoE. Why not just update this ride and then add GoTG to some other unused part of the Epcot property. The clump of trees between Epcot Dr to Woodpecker Ln and over to the parking lot seems pretty good. I hate that FW now appears to be speeding up it's death! I guess I can say I got to ride it first in March of 1983 and then last in April of 2016 with my kids!

Mikejakester

One question for moderators. Is there a way to "star" or "pin" the informative post inside the threads that are directly related to the subject line? I usually follow the forums once or twice a week, for some threads it easy to find the information (threads less than 20 pages). However, large threads are usually full of side conversations (And that's totally fine... I'm not against that), Just thought it would be a cool feature to filter out and only see informative post and rumors/details. Would be easier to go thru the 200+ page threads and catch up with the discussions. Thinking out loud here. For example this post would be filtered out :)

Alice a

As trite as it is, if UOE truly does become a roller coaster, that's one more thing at WDW that everyone can do that's lost. I have inner-ear problems, and one of WDW's main draws for me is the elaborate theming and the dark rides; I can't do coasters. When we went to WDW as a family when I was a kid (80s and 90s), everyone from my 91 year- old grandfather to my 3-year old cousin could enjoy them together.

Yes, universe of energy is tired and far too long for the content, but as a woman without children who enjoys seeing characters out and about in the parks but has no desire to wait in line, I love Epcot for the lack of coasters and the shadow of former glory/theming. As prices rise and more dark rides are replaced with thrill rides or meet and greets, I spend more vacation time and dollars elsewhere. If I really wanted a concentration of thrill rides, I could go elsewhere - closer - for much cheaper.

RoysCabin

As trite as it is, if UOE truly does become a roller coaster, that's one more thing at WDW that everyone can do that's lost. I have inner-ear problems, and one of WDW's main draws for me is the elaborate theming and the dark rides; I can't do coasters. When we went to WDW as a family when I was a kid (80s and 90s), everyone from my 91 year- old grandfather to my 3-year old cousin could enjoy them together.

Yes, universe of energy is tired and far too long for the content, but as a woman without children who enjoys seeing characters out and about in the parks but has no desire to wait in line, I love Epcot for the lack of coasters and the shadow of former glory/theming. As prices rise and more dark rides are replaced with thrill rides or meet and greets, I spend more vacation time and dollars elsewhere. If I really wanted a concentration of thrill rides, I could go elsewhere - closer - for much cheaper.

A very fair point and one many have been making in various ways.

I enjoy thrill rides, no doubt about it, but I greatly appreciate parks that don't dwell on them and instead thrive on great theming, place making, atmospherics, and experiences that offer more than just an adrenaline rush. I appreciate a place where there's lots of experiences that let me indulge my inner child, but also engage me as an adult, something WDW can do thanks to the "blessing of size" and all that. I'm willing to pay a decent chunk of change to experience all that at Disney World, and if I go to Disney it's often at the expense of at least one other trip I could be taking in a given year, even a simple road trip to a city I'd like to visit and explore.

If it's thrills I want, as a New Jersey resident I can travel all over this area to Six Flags, Hershey, Dorney Park, etc.; if it's characters I want I can watch any movie I feel like watching; but I can't get something like EPCOT anywhere except Disney World, for example.

Cesar R M

One question for moderators. Is there a way to "star" or "pin" the informative post inside the threads that are directly related to the subject line? I usually follow the forums once or twice a week, for some threads it easy to find the information (threads less than 20 pages). However, large threads are usually full of side conversations (And that's totally fine... I'm not against that), Just thought it would be a cool feature to filter out and only see informative post and rumors/details. Would be easier to go thru the 200+ page threads and catch up with the discussions. Thinking out loud here. For example this post would be filtered out :)
I actually wondered the same. or threads with a lot of likes changed color to "gold". as in "relevant post".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom