Guardians of the Galaxy coming to Energy Pavilion at Epcot

Status
Not open for further replies.

spacemt354

Chili's
I'm a little confused about it as well. For a ride that is likely to have a relatively short ride time (like an indoor roller coaster like GotG apparently is or a simulator like FoP), having an elaborate queue to build up the story strikes me as a good thing to enhance the experience. With a shorter ride length, more time will be spent in the queue so providing details there has some value. Whether it is a "pre-show" or "first show scenes" does indeed down like semantics; the big question to me is whether the queue is an essential part of the ride (think stretching room for HM) and, thus, whether FP skips it or not -- which makes an unfair is a downside to FP. To me, while an ideal queue is entertaining, if it key part of the storytelling for the ride, then all riders should be routed through it an experience it.
I would probably guess that if its a pre-show that's essential for the story - like the library in ToT - that the FP goes up to that point, then joins the regular line.

alphac2005

You know, as long as people are talking with such certainty about how rides not even finished yet are terrible, they should throw in some lotto numbers too.
Martin is one of the most in the loop and respected in the WDW online community across the board. He needs no defending, but it's irritating to read a snarky attitude about someone that has provided more details about projects at the properties than likely anyone, anywhere on the Internet this century with amazing accuracy along with his love of EPCOT CENTER. Take a moment to watch his documentaries that not only show someone talented in the editing bay, but with facts and details that many times haven't been heard of before.

spacemt354

Chili's
I will when YOU post a link of me saying that I said that you specifically said the rides are terrible.
28375_7_full.jpg

You clearly insinuated Martin by responding to him with this...
Ah, yes, judging things before they're even completed. Yay for this board!
And then this...
You know, as long as people are talking with such certainty about how rides not even finished yet are terrible, they should throw in some lotto numbers too.

Martin is one of the most well-versed members on here, and if you need proof, watch his videos. And if you don't trust his word...I guess you'll find out in a few years?

Matt_Black

But once he started editorializing, he opened himself up to criticism. I could write a review of The Lone Ranger based on the early script where they fight werewolves, but that script is in no way relevant to the finished product.

As I noted above, plans change. WDW fans of all people should be aware of that. Let's judge the finished product once we actually have it.

UpAllNight

My main question on this project is why isn't it happening already.

As it stands it looks like all Disney are going to have to offer new in 2018 is Toy Story Land. That's not enough for a resort in dire need of refreshing and expansion.

britain

But once he started editorializing, he opened himself up to criticism. I could write a review of The Lone Ranger based on the early script where they fight werewolves, but that script is in no way relevant to the finished product.

As I noted above, plans change. WDW fans of all people should be aware of that. Let's judge the finished product once we actually have it.

It would be legitimate for you to say "I'm concerned about this Lone Ranger script." That's all Martin is saying.

Daveeeeed

Your opinion is fine, but @marni1971 has done so much there's no point to insult. I think that is the problem here.
Also he has information that we can't see. Whether it changes or not, it is usually for the worse, look at Seven Dwarfs Mine Train, and if Marni would say that about The Lone Ranger his point would be correct, as the only thing good about the movie was the Western theme and the action.

Last edited:

danlb_2000

Premium Member

I haven't been able to keep up with these threads, what exactly did Martin say about this ride?

britain

So if I understand correctly, the issue is truly a budgetary one. Because if everything is still top notch, I personally would love it if there were more show scenes in queues.

Is this comparable to saying "You know that flat dart room in DL's Indy? We could give it sculpted walls if we don't have the spike chamber in the queue." Only instead of deciding on the quality of the dart room, we're deciding on whether or not to even have the dart room.

NearTheEars

I haven't been able to keep up with these threads, what exactly did Martin say about this ride?

Not really sure. It's all jumbled.
But I believe he was critical about plans to place several show scenes in the queue instead of the ride itself, taking up more space, possibly at the expense of another attraction in the same location.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Not really sure. It's all jumbled.
But I believe he was critical about plans to place several show scenes in the queue instead of the ride itself, taking up more space, possibly at the expense of another attraction in the same location.
Aha.

I observed earlier proposals for this showed a secondary attraction within the current building. Later revisions omit this for more queue space for a single attraction.

I also commented in the same post of a wider trend for show scene labels to begin with the queue and continue numerically into the ride itself as opposed to being separate.

The someone got their knickers in a twist and started mud slinging.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom