1. The new WDWMAGIC app for iPhone and iPad is now available on the App Store.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.
    Dismiss Notice

Guardians of the Galaxy coming to Energy Pavilion at Epcot

Discussion in 'WDW Parks News, Rumors and Current Events' started by davis_unoxx, Jun 29, 2016.

1. HMF

HMF Well-Known Member

Do you know how easy it is to get a job these days? I understand the sentiment, I used to think that way too but time and experience has shown me how naïve that mindset is.

2. Kamikaze

Kamikaze Well-Known Member

This is not correct. Hollywood Land was/is ToT, Hyperion Theater, and Monsters Inc. It also included the building that contained the Disney Junior show, but that is currently closed and is soon to be replaced by a show featuring Mickey's Roadster Racers. The only attraction that was themed to 1930s Hollywood from those is obviously ToT. The facades for the other attractions do not scream 'I'm from 1930!' in any outward way like ToT did. I want to see someone tell me how Monsters Inc, Frozen (or Aladdin) or Disney Junior takes place in the 30s.

The entrance area is called Buena Vista Street. Which is actually themed to the 20s. Its supposed to look like LA did when Walt arrived.

MisterPenguin likes this.
  3. Kamikaze

Kamikaze Well-Known Member

It was never supposed to be a progressive city.

That was E.P.C.O.T., Progress City of Walt's dreams. That was never built and never attempted to be built.

4. danlb_2000

danlb_2000 Premium Member

Water management permits only need to show how water runoff will be handled. They do not need to show the exact details of what is going to be built.

DarthFiscus75 likes this.
  5. DarthFiscus75

DarthFiscus75 Well-Known Member

And that's why I appreciate your work with all of the permits that come up and make sense of it all.

JenniferS and Princess Leia like this.
  6. Princess Leia

Princess Leia Well-Known Member

I'm probably not the first person to admit this, but Honey I Shrunk the Audience scared the living daylights out of me as a kid. That being said, I'd rather see it return to Imagination than run a bunch of Pixar shorts that have nothing to do with the theme of the pavilion.

7. marni1971

marni1971 WDW History nut Premium Member

Somewhat yes.

8. atighe42

atighe42 Well-Known Member

Good lord. When will this madness end? The fixes for this park should be easy/no brainer stuff. (Well, the content shouldn't be no-brainer haha)

Mike S, HMF and Princess Leia like this.
  9. EricsBiscuit

EricsBiscuit Well-Known Member

Actually they can quit. They knew starting off the pay would suck it was totally optional. It's just like with teachers: it's a career choice, you know the pay's gonna suck, so don't complain about it. If it sucked so bad they wouldn't have almost 75,000 people working for them in WDW alone!

10. trainplane3

trainplane3 Member

At the very least, please say they're still going to redesign the entrance. Its not even funny how badly I want the graveyard gone.

11. marni1971

marni1971 WDW History nut Premium Member

So far as I know, yes.

12. atighe42

Are we at least getting a V.3 of the park? Or has it been squandered and will be occasional additions here and there with no goal for cohesion in sight?

13. trainplane3

trainplane3 Member

Oh good! I thought I was going to need to drive a bulldozer down there and take of it myself.

And on topic. As sad as it is to say, old Epcot is dead. I'm fine with the countries but futureworld feels like it needs a good refresh. I don't like possibly turning IP heavy but if it means an overhaul, I'll take it (even my parents hate the idea of cramming IPs in). Epcot always felt like it was forgotten about compared to the other parks (mk got FL, Studios have SW and TS, AK got Avatar). I will say though, whatever they have planned for Illuminations better not be IP heavy.

Last edited: May 19, 2017
    Skipper Dan likes this.
  14. atighe42

If things aren't looking great for Epcot, then I'd prefer delays. Brush that stuff into the bin.

HMF and trainplane3 like this.
  15. DarthFiscus75

DarthFiscus75 Well-Known Member

My friends mom jumped up on her seat when the mice came running under the seats. So, you're not the first to be scared. :)

16. Princess Leia

Princess Leia Well-Known Member

I was okay with the mice. The snake? Nope nope nope.

TeriofTerror and DarthFiscus75 like this.
  17. dclfan

dclfan Well-Known Member

OMG me too. I would flat out refuse to go into this as a child. I would ride everything and then when it was time for HISTA I would sit outside with my dad and watch the jumping water lol

Princess Leia likes this.
  18. aladdin2007

aladdin2007 Well-Known Member

agree, if its changed that much and going down a hodge podge path, so long epcot, I was feeling kinda hopeful by how things were sounding that there would be some correlation or return to the parks original feel in some form no matter the ip. But if its all changed again that much? I fear this will be a new six flags. very upsetting.

HMF and atighe42 like this.
  19. Goob

Goob Well-Known Member

I don't think anything at WDW will ever come close to Six Flags level. Let's pray it doesn't anyways.

brb1006, HMF and atighe42 like this.
  20. clemmo

clemmo Well-Known Member

Is it more the idea of attractions like ips being shoved in or is it more that the funding is getting cut. Between this and what seems like problems in tomorrowland it seems like they're cutting budgets again.