News Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind attraction confirmed for Epcot

bcoachable

so, question...
This Apparent: "Coming Soon to an Energy Pavillion Near You"
Guardians Launch Coaster...
tame like smell of oranges on soarin?
or aiming to get the teenagers back from Universal??
I realize the word "Launch" carries a bit of x-tream factor to it, just wanting some clarification as to how Launchy the Launch is gonna be.

Jenny72

My guess is that it will be a pretty launchy launch. :) I mean, if you're going to make a GotG ride, it doesn't really make sense to aim it at preschoolers or the elderly or timid. Might as well go for the teens.

The Empress Lilly

If it happens, what a stupid change...

Hollywood Studios worked just fine since the word "studios" carries the connotation of movies/entertainment. Just because the park isn't as much about the making of movies doesn't mean the name is no longer fitting. Now its being replaced by the generic overused word "adventure" :hungover:

Anyway GotG...
DHA is the new name not of DHS but of EPCOT. :bookworm:

The Empress Lilly

Wow. Bravo.
And the sad thing is, I'm wrong. GotG isn't even the product of lesser Gods. But of people such as Rohde and Fitzgerald, who designed EPCOT Center. The way Hench designed the LaL war memorial.

I am forever digging at the inner workings of the decision and design process. How come the best and worst come from the desks of the same people? A puzzling question.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Just get back on again 44 more times!
Icon.vomit.gif

The Empress Lilly

What? The original Future World pavilions are definitely Story through and through, no cladding or mere decor. They are ducks in the best and proudest sense.
Energy faces directly South. Not sorta, but precisely. The roof is tilted, the north side raised and the south lowered. For maximum exposure to the sun for the solar panels.

Is that story by your definition? Serious question.

Energy needs to house energy, it is what the pavilion is designed for. Such are the marvels (sad wordplay!) of EPCOT, and why the park was so impressive when all that stuff made sense and played off of one another. Details more meaningful to discover than a hidden Mickey, that scourge of late eighties and onwards design.

DisneyDodo

Energy faces directly South. Not sorta, but precisely. The roof is tilted, the north side raised and the south lowered. For maximum exposure to the sun for the solar panels.

Is that story by your definition? Serious question.

Energy needs to house energy, it is what the pavilion is designed for. Such are the marvels (sad wordplay!) of EPCOT, and why the park was so impressive when all that stuff made sense and played off of one another. Details more meaningful to discover than a hidden Mickey, that scourge of late eighties and onwards design.

They closed EEA, but do we know if they are ditching the Universe of Energy theme for the pavilion? Or are they going to create a ride that makes use of the GotG IP, but still fits in with the pavilion's energy theme?

jt04

They closed EEA, but do we know if they are ditching the Universe of Energy theme for the pavilion? Or are they going to create a ride that makes use of the GotG IP, but still fits in with the pavilion's energy theme?

Just hoping it isn't much more than a nod to the past of future world. More than that and it restricts the creative process IMO.

Solar panels are ubiquitous now. There are fears that tens of thousands of them will end up in toxic dumps in the next couple decades. Best to start fresh thematically if possible. IMO.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom