Grocery Delivery to Resort

BrerWayne

Hello all, my family will be staying at CSR in August. I am thinking of having some groceries delivered to our room. Nothing extravagant possibly a case of water, some Diet Cokes, and some snacks. Can anyone recommend a particular company? Also, do the groceries come straight to the room? And finally, how accurate is the delivery time? I would hate to be cooped up in our room with two small children who want to go do something while we wait on a delivery. Thanks in advance, I appreciate any advice/recommendations that can be provided.

CaptainAmerica

Garden Grocer, $14 per delivery. The delivery goes to bell services and they hold it for you until you call for it, including refrigerated items. You don't have to sit around waiting for anything. Don't forget to tip your bellman.

Upvote 0

BrerWayne

Original Poster
Wow, thats pretty amazing. I figured that stuff like water could be stored but that's pretty cool (no pun intended) that they can keep cold items for you. Thanks for the information.

Upvote 0

CaptainAmerica

Items I find particularly useful:

Cases of water, roughly four bottles per person per day
Beer
Bananas
Eggs (if you're staying in a villa or cabin)
Granola bars
Toddler snackies

Upvote 0

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
@CaptainAmerica is correct about Garden Grocers. I believe all other deliveries, like Amazon Pantry, will now be delivered to the central warehouse, but Garden Grocers still comes to your resort. Not only do you get to choose your delivery day, but a time slot. And if you order in advance, you receive a discount. I'd also search for promo codes.

Upvote 0

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
@CaptainAmerica is correct about Garden Grocers. I believe all other deliveries, like Amazon Pantry, will now be delivered to the central warehouse, but Garden Grocers still comes to your resort. Not only do you get to choose your delivery day, but a time slot. And if you order in advance, you receive a discount. I'd also search for promo codes.

Amazon Prime Now delivered to our hotel room when I was staying in Atlanta last year. They wouldn't do the same in WDW?

Upvote 0

CaptainAmerica

Amazon Prime Now delivered to our hotel room when I was staying in Atlanta last year. They wouldn't do the same in WDW?
Why would you want them to? That would actually be a bad thing, as the OP said he doesn't want to be sitting around waiting for his delivery. I'd much rather have everything go to bell services and then have it brought up on my time.

Upvote 0

LAKid53

Premium Member

Amazon Prime used to deliver your Disney resort and you'd pick up the box from Bell Services. But my understanding was that the volume of package deliveries to the resorts was creating space problems, so Disney now uses a central warehouse for package delivery. You call and then it will be delivered to your resort.

Upvote 0

CaptainAmerica

Amazon Prime used to deliver your Disney resort and you'd pick up the box from Bell Services. But my understanding was that the volume of package deliveries to the resorts was creating space problems, so Disney now uses a central warehouse for package delivery. You call and then it will be delivered to your resort.
Is Garden Grocer subject to this new policy?

Upvote 0

LAKid53

Premium Member
Is Garden Grocer subject to this new policy?

From what I read, no, because of perishable food contents and that your order is not delivered by UPS, but by Garden Grocers drivers. But it would be a good idea to double check.

Not sure if the new policy also applies to Disneyland. I'm hoping not because I plan on ordering from Amazon Pantry when I visit again next year.

Upvote 0

BigRedDad

Personally, I do not want stuff delivered unless it is packaged items like water. For food items that are fresh, I want to hand pick what I get. GG has a $14 delivery fee for under $200. However, the price of each item is ~$2-$10 more than the item itself. You are better off taking Uber to a grocery store yourself and back. It would be about $15 RT.

Upvote 0

I am Timmy

We usually take an Uber to Costco - stock up on water bottles (and a couple of gallons for the room), soda for the room, yogurt, bananas, muffins, protein bars, goldfish, beef jerky, and assorted nuts. Works out nice for a fast breakfast, and power snacks for the backpack. The prices are low for what we get, we get to pick it out ourselves, and it really doesn't take that long. We do it on our way to the resort from Uni, but we also grab a few things on our way to Uni from the airport (we always do a few days there first, then two weeks with the Mouse). We also don't have to tip the grocer!

Upvote 0

correcaminos

Publix via Instacart gives free first delivery. We used it a week ago. I'd use it again for sure, though frozen waffles were thawed but we had that refunded along with a $5 credit on our account and just bought them at the Marketplace instead.

The prices were right in line with what you pay at the store and if Publix has a sale, you get the sale price. Quite convenient and better pricing IMO than other deliveries I've seen.

Upvote 0

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
Publix via Instacart gives free first delivery. We used it a week ago. I'd use it again for sure, though frozen waffles were thawed but we had that refunded along with a $5 credit on our account and just bought them at the Marketplace instead.

The prices were right in line with what you pay at the store and if Publix has a sale, you get the sale price. Quite convenient and better pricing IMO than other deliveries I've seen.

Well that changes everything. I miss Publix so much, so it's beyond exciting they deliver to WDW!! Publix cupcakes are an acceptable in room breakfast item when you're on vacation, right?!??!

Upvote 0
We fly in from the U.K. And always use garden grocer - they offer a fantastic service! We normally order water, soda, a few breakfast and snack (pringles) items and mainly beer!! Bell services always ask when the party is! I would highly recommend GG!

Upvote 0

breesus

Family and I have used garden grocers pretty much every trip for last 4 years or so. We love it!! Also, unless they made some changes to pricing since June 2016 the pricing of items I bought were pretty much the same as I pay at local grocery stores here in Louisiana. I did not see any $2-$10 mark ups as one poster mention. Maybe we already pay a higher price for those where we live.

Upvote 0

BrerWayne

Original Poster
Family and I have used garden grocers pretty much every trip for last 4 years or so. We love it!! Also, unless they made some changes to pricing since June 2016 the pricing of items I bought were pretty much the same as I pay at local grocery stores here in Louisiana. I did not see any $2-$10 mark ups as one poster mention. Maybe we already pay a higher price for those where we live.
I'm from NOLA! With a name like breesus, I'm assuming you are too.

Upvote 0

md0u80a2

I have tried all of the above. The best option is a supermarket. Whether an Uber, taxi, whatever, I have often done the winn Dixie 5 mins away from CSR and other local resorts. If you use a delivery, the sizes are never right, the deals never there and you pay for it.

Upvote 0

correcaminos

Well that changes everything. I miss Publix so much, so it's beyond exciting they deliver to WDW!! Publix cupcakes are an acceptable in room breakfast item when you're on vacation, right?!??!
I love both Publix and Winn Dixie so I am glad I have at least one of them delivering when we go. As I said I don't think I'd do waffles for delivery again (they thaw sooo quickly) but they are not badly priced in the marketplaces. I got 4 bakery bagels for $1 as they were on sale - woo hoo!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom