Green eggs and Ham......burger?

Frankie Nova

Original Poster
This is a question about the importance of preplanning (180 out) ADR
of breakfast locations as well as lunch locations( keep in mind I will be on the Deluxe dinner plan) .I have no interest in any character dining seeing it is going to be my wife and I during our 20th anniversary vacation. The question is do I have to be as diligent getting reservations for breakfast and lunch as I do with dinner? I hate to feel bogged down with time for all 3 meals but want to enjoy the best that can be offered. With that being said I will plan all 3 meals if need be
Thank you and in case your wondering my names not SAM

jgj123

A lot depends on where (and when) you want to eat breakfast and lunch. The more popular locations and times will go fast, but I would never count on being able to just walk up to a restaurant and take a chance on getting a table, even for 2. Sometimes it works, sometimes you have a long wait, sometimes they say no. While there are almost always some cancellations, that can often mean checking for reservations the night before.

Frankie Nova

Original Poster
A lot depends on where (and when) you want to eat breakfast and lunch. The more popular locations and times will go fast, but I would never count on being able to just walk up to a restaurant and take a chance on getting a table, even for 2. Sometimes it works, sometimes you have a long wait, sometimes they say no. While there are almost always some cancellations, that can often mean checking for reservations the night before.
thank you . knowing me I will certainly have a plan. just curious

Minnie Mum

You're paying a premium for the DxDP. That means that to come close to breaking even, you'll be eating exclusively at TS restaurants. Which in turn means spending a lot of time sitting in restaurants. Many people on that plan opt for just 2 meals a day, using 2 credits each night at a signature restaurant.

There aren't that many TS restaurant breakfasts that aren't character meals, so getting an ADR is prudent. Lunch and dinner are both busy times for TS restaurants inside the parks, and there are only a handful of TS restaurants in the resorts that are open at lunch time. But those (like the Wave, GFC, or Kona) would be your best bet for a walk up meal (providing you aren't there at a busy time of year). Dinner? Busiest time of day. And you'll likely opt to do several signature dinners during your stay ( with just breakfast or lunch and a snack on those days). If you don't want a bunch of credits left unused (or wasted on CS meals), then making ADRS would be wise.

Of course you could always just make an ADR on the day of, and settle for what's available. But I wouldn't gamble if there are places that you particularly want.

Frankie Nova

Original Poster
You're paying a premium for the DxDP. That means that to come close to breaking even, you'll be eating exclusively at TS restaurants. Which in turn means spending a lot of time sitting in restaurants. Many people on that plan opt for just 2 meals a day, using 2 credits each night at a signature restaurant.

There aren't that many TS restaurant breakfasts that aren't character meals, so getting an ADR is prudent. Lunch and dinner are both busy times for TS restaurants inside the parks, and there are only a handful of TS restaurants in the resorts that are open at lunch time. But those (like the Wave, GFC, or Kona) would be your best bet for a walk up meal (providing you aren't there at a busy time of year). Dinner? Busiest time of day. And you'll likely opt to do several signature dinners during your stay ( with just breakfast or lunch and a snack on those days). If you don't want a bunch of credits left unused (or wasted on CS meals), then making ADRS would be wise.

Of course you could always just make an ADR on the day of, and settle for what's available. But I wouldn't gamble if there are places that you particularly want.
thank you and I do expect to do sig meals for the most part. we did the deluxe dp so we could eat well 20th anniversary . we weren't going to do qs with them that's for sure. my wife and I have a strict diet and qs wouldn't work for us.
just want to get my ducks in a row

Last edited:

JIMINYCR

Congratulations on your 20th and its wonderful you can celebrate it at WDW. Since it is taking up a lot of time and money for your DDP and you are using the dining to add to your celebration... I'd suggest making your ADR's. You could very well wing it and try getting walk in tables but why take any chance that you wont get in or the time you could get in to dine would be inconvenient. You want a smooth process in order to best celebrate the anniversary. Start looking at the menu sites and get a better idea of exactly what would be your favorite spots to celebrate and dine. Then with those spots chosen and locked in, youll have one big headache avoided. P.S....Decide on one dining spot to spring a special 20th anniversary gift onto your DW at the table.;);)

Frankie Nova

Original Poster
Congratulations on your 20th and its wonderful you can celebrate it at WDW. Since it is taking up a lot of time and money for your DDP and you are using the dining to add to your celebration... I'd suggest making your ADR's. You could very well wing it and try getting walk in tables but why take any chance that you wont get in or the time you could get in to dine would be inconvenient. You want a smooth process in order to best celebrate the anniversary. Start looking at the menu sites and get a better idea of exactly what would be your favorite spots to celebrate and dine. Then with those spots chosen and locked in, youll have one big headache avoided. P.S....Decide on one dining spot to spring a special 20th anniversary gift onto your DW at the table.;);)
plan to do so . thanks for the advice

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom