Great Movie Ride: What film scenes would you add?

DisneyJunkie

Original Poster
We know that there will be changes (and/or depending on where you hear it, a doing away with it eventually altogether) to the Great Movie Ride coming. But what specific film scenes would you think would be a cool addition to it?

I'd like to see the Jack/Rose bow scene from "Titanic", the Batman/Joker interrogation scene from "Dark Knight", Normandy landing scene (minus gore) from "Saving Private Ryan", the "are you not entertained?!" scene from "Gladiator", the rooftop scene (w/Staypuft Marshmallow Man looking on) from "Ghostbusters".........those are just a few off the top of my head.

JasonDeyoung

We know that there will be changes (and/or depending on where you hear it, a doing away with it eventually altogether) to the Great Movie Ride coming. But what specific film scenes would you think would be a cool addition to it?

I'd like to see the Jack/Rose bow scene from "Titanic", the Batman/Joker interrogation scene from "Dark Knight", Normandy landing scene (minus gore) from "Saving Private Ryan", the "are you not entertained?!" scene from "Gladiator", the rooftop scene (w/Staypuft Marshmallow Man looking on) from "Ghostbusters".........those are just a few off the top of my head.
Good choices! I'm good with mostly anything NON Frozen lol

yedliW

I know they will be a sizable Star Wars presence in the park, but what about the 'I am your father' scene from Empire?

Something from Princess Bride, maybe the sword scene between Cary Elwes and Mandy Patinkin, or really, any of the fights between him and Andre the Giant or Wallace Shawn, or even Fred Savages bedroom with Peter Falk reading to him with scenes from the movie worked in there somehow (either AA or projected clips).

but these are great suggestions too:

the rooftop scene (w/Staypuft Marshmallow Man looking on) from "Ghostbusters"

I'm going with Rocky up the steps of the museum,

Last edited:

Figaro928

Shawshank Redemption could be cool but I'm not sure of one particular scene that would work. BUT The Godfather.... Brando already looks like an AA. Picture riding past the "make him an offer" scene. Pure Movie Gold.

Oh and Forrest Gump. The world needs and anamatronic Ton Hanks. It just does.

yedliW

Shawshank Redemption could be cool but I'm not sure of one particular scene that would work.

It's a bit of a spoiler (but who hasn't already seen the movie that wants to?), but what about the scene with the warden pulling up the Raquel Welch poster reviling the hole?

Figaro928

It's a bit of a spoiler (but who hasn't already seen the movie that wants to?), but what about the scene with the warden pulling up the Raquel Welch poster reviling the hole?

i guess, but a scene without Andy Duphran (sp) or Red probably wouldn't be worth the AA's, but def would work for the movie clips

Magenta Panther

I think the most natural change (and within the realm of realism) would be to change Footlight Parade into something with Buster Keaton, the Marx Bros, and Laurel and Hardy.

I suggested something like that myself not long ago. I'd add Chaplin to your list. Also, this iconic image from silent film comedian Harold Lloyd's movie "Safety Last" would look epic on the ride:

Lloyd,%20Harold%20(Safety%20Last)_01.jpg

yedliW

i guess, but a scene without Andy Duphran (sp) or Red probably wouldn't be worth the AA's, but def would work for the movie clips

My other thought was him locked in the office playing the record over the PA.

Or a scene of them all at the lunch table, with Brooks feeding the crow.

Lord_Vader

Join me, together we can rule the galaxy.
The 'Escape from the Death Star' scene or Darth Vader vs. ObiWan Kenobi from Star Wars: A New Hope

Roger Rabbit, pick one but my preference would be the "Save and a Haircut", could include the shaking while the train passes by.

Hitchcock's Veritgo, the "Hitchcock camera scene."

Planet of the Apes, the original movie. Scene would be with Charlton Heston and Zira/Cornelius.

kgaf99

star wars, avatar, toy story, titantic, godfather, saving private ryan, TOP GUN!!!!!

ImagineerDude

Lets Go to the Movies or Hard Knock Life from Annie (I'd DIE for a Carol Burnett animatronic), a simple Titanic hallway or steps with water flowing quickly down them would be a dramatic effect (like catastrophe canyon effect but way smaller) and a bow scene, Forest Gump box of chocolates or they could have the ride vehicle in the Lincoln Memorial reflection pool inbetween the two from Forest Gump, and I'd like a bigger Mary Poppins section and more Snow White less Fantasia :)

ItlngrlBella

I know they will be a sizable Star Wars presence in the park, but what about the 'I am your father' scene from A New Hope?

Something from Princess Bride, maybe the sword scene between Cary Elwes and Mandy Patinkin, or really, any of the fights between him and Andre the Giant or Wallace Shawn, or even Fred Savages bedroom with Peter Falk reading to him with scenes from the movie worked in there somehow (either AA or projected clips).

but these are great suggestions too:

You had me at Star Wars. You can never have enough.

Cmdr_Crimson

I suggested something like that myself not long ago. I'd add Chaplin to your list. Also, this iconic image from silent film comedian Harold Lloyd's movie "Safety Last" would look epic on the ride:

Lloyd,%20Harold%20(Safety%20Last)_01.jpg

Originally it was planned to be in it...But was replaced with the Gangster Scene..
6862.dhs_2D00_43_2D00_keystone_2D00_kops.jpg_2D00_500x0.jpg

But, I would have liked to seen the original finale concept where the celebrites wave farewell as you left the attraction..
5710.dhs_2D00_38_2D00_finale.jpg_2D00_500x0.jpg

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom