Great Movie Ride scene replacement?

DoctorWho

Original Poster
What scene or scenes would you replace and what would you replace it with.

I would get rid of Foot light Parade and replace it with The Jazz Singer. It has much more significance in film history.

Tarzan would be replaced by Star Wars Empire Strikes back Light saber duel.

Cmdr_Crimson

I would get rid of Foot light Parade and replace it with The Jazz Singer. It has much more significance in film history.
2963197-8730018323-18364.JPG

I'm sure there would be hundreds of angry letters about that..

Last edited:

AylaRanzz

I don't think there's anything I would change. It's all so iconic. Only thing I'd like is the clips at the end to be updated. Seems like the last time it was updated was for Pirates and that was 12 years ago.

Thrill

I don't think there's anything I would change. It's all so iconic. Only thing I'd like is the clips at the end to be updated. Seems like the last time it was updated was for Pirates and that was 12 years ago.

While I do think that the scenes could stand to be updated, the montage would be an easy fix. Drop movies that shouldn't be in there (not sure Narnia belongs in it...), and just generally refresh the selection. Cheap, quick, easy, and makes a noticeable impact.

As for scenes, before they replace movies, they can do a whole lot more with The Sorcerer's Apprentice. New effects would be a help. First scenes to go should be Tarzan and the one after Indiana Jones (is that even a specific movie?). Not sure what I'd replace those with, though. I like Empire Strikes Back, but I feel that having that right after a two-room Indiana Jones sequence is too much George Lucas for one ride. So if they're going to add Star Wars, half Indy first.

rct247

Scene 1 - Silent Movie Era Montage/Collage featuring Charlie Chaplin and Laurel & Hardy
Scene 2 - Singin' in the Rain
Scene 3 - Mary Poppins
Scene 4 - Public Enemy / Gangster
Scene 5 - Old West / Bank Robber
Scene 6 - Alien
Scene 7 - Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory (Chocolate Room Scene)
Scene 8 - Reworked Indiana Jones Scene

Scene 9 - Generic Horror Movies
Scene 10 - Lord of the Rings
Scene 11 - Casablanca
Scene 12 - Frozen (Let it Go Scene)
Scene 13 - Wizard of Oz
Scene 14 - Wizard of Oz
Scene 15 - Movie Montage (Redone)

AllydoesDisney

Scene 1 - Silent Movie Era Montage/Collage featuring Charlie Chaplin and Laurel & Hardy
Scene 3 - Mary Poppins
Scene 6 - Alien

Scene 11 - Casablanca
Scene 13 - Wizard of Oz
Scene 14 - Wizard of Oz
I must agree with Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory because that would be so cool! But switch around Wizard of Oz and Frozen since Frozen is so recent.

Thrill

Scene 3 - Mary Poppins
Scene 6 - Alien

Scene 11 - Casablanca
Scene 13 - Wizard of Oz
Scene 14 - Wizard of Oz

I like it.

That said, I'd really love Willy Wonka's tunnel scene. Maybe I'm just cruel, but I think it would be a good time.

Lightning McQueen

Very interesting question. I like the ride, but agree it is perhaps a little dated. I would like to see some recognition of more recent films, but keeping the theme of the ride the same, i.e. iconic, significant, 'game changing' movies. Therefore, my suggestions would be something from the PIXAR studios perhaps a Toy Story scene and maybe Pirates of the Caribbean. My reasoning is that these movies have been pretty significant in the movie world in terms of changing the industry (digital animation & a new era of special effects)

rct247

I must agree with Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory because that would be so cool! But switch around Wizard of Oz and Frozen since Frozen is so recent.

I just just see the Chocolate waterfall and Wonka animatronic singing pure imagination.

Also, I'm not even completely sold on my idea of a Frozen addition, but you have to admit that the Fantasia scene is set up perfectly to convert it to Frozen. You have the wind blowing, just add fake snow to it. Then it is dark and she is climbing a mountain on the screen. Ta da!

PolynesianPrincess

I think GMR should showcase all genres of movies and from all different eras. I think it does a pretty good job of it now with old school movies like Singin in the Rain and then classics that everyone knows and loves like Mary Poppins and Wizard of Oz. They just need to add in some more recent movies. I'm a child of the 80s (born in 1983) so I recognize Indy and Alien and Fantasia... but some later 90's early 2000's kids might not recognize those movies. They need to at least add in a couple movies that the younger generation can recognize. With a ride like this, it's important to keep updating it every 10-15 years or so. Keep things fresh!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom