Gravity Falls

CnoteBflat

I'm surprised this still gets a Y7 rating. One thing that got me thinking of the scheduling is: if Alex Hirsch is only wanting to do up to 3 seasons or 2 seasons and a movie, could this be Disney's way of stretching it out so it can have a popular series last as long as it can before it ends?

Matt_Black

I'm surprised this still gets a Y7 rating. One thing that got me thinking of the scheduling is: if Alex Hirsch is only wanting to do up to 3 seasons or 2 seasons and a movie, could this be Disney's way of stretching it out so it can have a popular series last as long as it can before it ends?

Possibly. I think some of the episodes are still undergoing post-production as well.

CnoteBflat

Just watched the episode. So much feels.... And now a mid season break (apparently) so soon after the holiday break... *sigh* Disney programming why do you do this?!? It's just as bad as the scheduling as P&F was.

Bparso87

Disney treated this so wrong this is the best cartoon on tv right now once they bumped it to xd I knew it was doomed. If this was on Cartoon Network we would have more season.

Matt_Black

Disney treated this so wrong this is the best cartoon on tv right now once they bumped it to xd I knew it was doomed. If this was on Cartoon Network we would have more season.

It's nothing about Disney. Alex Hirsch has stated repeatedly that the decision to end it was his. He had a specific story, a specific arc, to tell, and that is reaching it's conclusion. Considering that it's one of XD's most popular animated shows, if not THE most, I think it's to Disney's credit that they're respecting his wishes on that instead of trying to continue it without him.

Magenta Panther

Good for the showrunner for knowing when to leave. An act of grace that certain played-out entertainment entities could stand to learn...

I'll miss the show - it was excellent - but I'm glad it's not being milked to death. The finale should be epic!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom