Gratuities - Discussion Has Ended

EOD K9

+1 to the above post. Many times I have seen my servers in Cabanas early in the morning after the second seating. They are working hard during the other hours of the day as well. When we went to Palo last cruise, we still tipped our MDR servers the normal amount and then some even though there was one night we didn't see them.

jaklgreen

+1 to the above post. Many times I have seen my servers in Cabanas early in the morning after the second seating. They are working hard during the other hours of the day as well. When we went to Palo last cruise, we still tipped our MDR servers the normal amount and then some even though there was one night we didn't see them.

We see our servers all the time, working at Cabanas or on Castaway Cay. They work very hard and should be tipped something even if they do not server your dinner. BTW, my head is exploding. LOL We LOVE the food at dinner and it is one of the main reasons for us to go on the Disney cruise. The fillet with the tamarind glaze and bok choy is my favorite meal.

JaxFLBear

I was just talking to my wife this evening about how we go about tipping anyone who may help us at Cabanas.
The CMs working dinner in Cabanas are in training and receive a higher wage that covers gratuities.

As someone else already pointed out, most servers work other locations during breakfast & lunch hours. The standard grautities you should leave for your dining team also covers the times they may serve guest at those other locations.

ScoutN

OV 104
Premium Member
I always have some cash on us for the Cabanas Teams, Bar Teams, etc. Of the DCL trips we have done we have always left extra.

DISNEY FANTASY

My wife and I are taking our nearly 1-year-old on his first cruise next Friday.

We won't be dining in any of the rotational restaurants this time. She and I will try Palo while he goes to the nursery. The other nights it's Cabanas and then pool bar or room service food. Going laid back!

So, how does this work with the tips? We prefer to tip those who provide direct service to us, and not to those who don't. We'll obviously tip at Palo, and for other cash-type operations, but we'd prefer not to tip staff that do not provide a service to us (as would apply in any other situation).

Is there a way to address this before the pre-paid tips are charged?

EDITED to eliminate the crass tone I used when posting at 1am, which I shouldn't do. We always tip appropriately, and then some, for excellent service.

Note

Where you eating Breakfast? Where you eating lunch? Are you using the snack places on the pool deck.

The wait staff/ servers in the MDRs at night, also serve at breakfast and lunch, for example, the Animators palate team on dinner rotation runs Cabanas breakfast that morning.

If you do not tip the dinner staff, but using then at Breakfast and Lunch, then your not tipping for the service provided.

My server, was serving on the Magic in the kebab place during the day.

Tom

Beta Return
Original Poster
We're halfway through this cruise now. No longer a need for this thread. Disregard and move along.

ChuckElias

I think the thoughts and differing opinions here are valuable for future readers. I disagree with the advice to "disregard" the thread.

I do hope you're enjoying the cruise!!

Tom

Beta Return
Original Poster
I think the thoughts and differing opinions here are valuable for future readers. I disagree with the advice to "disregard" the thread.

I do hope you're enjoying the cruise!!
Sure, the thread may continue. Just noting that I'm not seeking any additional input.

And to allow some to rest easy, all servers will receive their suggested amounts, stateroom host has been awesome and will receive double the suggested amount, Palo server was great and she received $40, and we tipped the Cabanas dinner servers in cash. It was obvious they were working very hard at their training.

And now, I'm spent, lol. Hopefully the DME bus driver is awful, since all I have left is pocket lint :p

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom